Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Underwood kicks husband Fisher, Preds out

Underwood kicks husband Fisher, Preds out

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Along Broadway, Fifth and Sixth Avenues South and Demonbreun — the streets that surround Bridgestone Arena — banners hang from lampposts bearing a photo of country music stars Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley to bill the CMA Awards, which take place on Nov. 9 inside the building.

Weeks in advance, preparations already are being made.

Inside the Nashville Predators' locker room in the arena Tuesday, Mike Fisher is making different kinds of preparations. The night will bring his first game of the season against the San Jose Sharks. The veteran center has missed the first seven games because of offseason shoulder surgery.

The Predators acquired Fisher in February from the Ottawa Senators, as the deal made sense on numerous levels. The Senators were rebuilding and got some high-round draft picks for the then-30-year-old and dumped his $4 million salary while Nashville, amid a spate of injuries, acquired a two-way player who fit seamlessly into their style of play. Come playoff time, both coach Barry Trotz and general manager David Poile made the statement that without the trade, Nashville would not have qualified for the postseason.

Oh, and there's that little part about Fisher being married to Underwood, who makes her residence in the Music City. No longer would the couple have to spend as much time apart. Ostensibly, Fisher would be able to attend big events his wife would be involved in, such as when she hosts the CMAs in a little more than two weeks.

Alas, life is not always so simple.

Because of the time required for the arena to be set up for the event, the Predators have to go out of town. So while Carrie is performing in the building where Mike plays his home games, he will be displaced, indirectly by her, and in Anaheim, performing for the Predators that night against the Ducks.

Ironic, isn't it?

The day of the CMAs represents the last day of a Preds' five-game road trip, which starts at Chicago on Oct. 31 and ends ten days later in California.

"I'll have to stick to the TV," Fisher said of watching the CMAs following the Predators' morning skate on Tuesday morning.

Fisher spent most of his time talking with media members about how his shoulder feels better, how he has been skating since August, but was not cleared to play until Monday.

His team needs him. Nashville has contended for the playoffs on somewhat of a perennial basis over the last seven seasons, but after the Predators won their first two games of the season, they won just once in their next five.

On a recent three-game road trip, the Predators scored just four goals. Fisher is a four-time 20-goal scorer and on the NHL's youngest team, coach Barry Trotz is hoping his presence will bring a "comfort feeling" to the team's locker room.

Fisher said he is hoping to bring some speed and energy to create some scoring chances and to help to win puck battles all over the ice, especially in his team's defensive zone.

"Obviously, we're not off to the start we want, but there's lots of things we can work on," Fisher said. "And that being said, we're .500, came off a tough road trip and we'll be getting some other guys back (defenseman Francis Bouillon) and I think that will hopefully really glue us together, but offensively we've got to be a lot better in our zone, where we really haven't been great. We've really got to focus on that area."

When most of the media finished with Fisher, he was asked what it is like to live in a city where the image of his multi-platinum-selling recording artist wife seems to be ubiquitous on billboards, banners and such.

"Oh, it's been not real different," he said. "I'm kind of used to that everywhere. Obviously, people here are great and I've enjoyed being part of this community for this short time. They've really, obviously, embraced her and been great to me. Couldn't ask for anything more."

Except, maybe, to be in the building when his wife performs in his new hometown.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great article, thanks D.

Concert Stars
    aww sucks he can't be there!

Concert Stars
    I wish she would get another phone call, for FVOTY!!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    What do u mean rainbow?lol

If I was Fisher, I'd drop everything and follow Carrie around with what she's doing lol jks (well maybe not joking haha)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Thats too bad. I was hoping for some "baby jokes" from Brad while Carrie and Mike were sitting together.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    Thats too bad. I was hoping for some "baby jokes" from Brad while Carrie and Mike were sitting together.
    I think Brad and Carrie are back stage most of the night.
    Becca

maybe carrie will take huck as her date lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkie View Post
    maybe carrie will take huck as her date lol
    LOL I think huck would think he was I heaven haha
    Becca

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Too bad he can't be there

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    The CMA's is a night that if Mike were able to go he'd probably have to find a date to sit with him in the audience as I do believe Carrie is either on stage or in back changing all evening. I do hope we see her accepting - never give up hope!! He'll probably see a tape of the show if he can't watch it on TV!

Concert Stars
    I meant that the last time Carrie won, she got a call from Mike in the middle of her speech! I hope she gets another call!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    We could still get baby jokes - you know Brad is sneaky!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower
    That was a nice article and funny since the team has to leave town. I too would love to see Mike in a suit and with a new haircut at the awards show.

Concert Stars
    Was it just me or did anyone else think that Carrie actually kicked him, like physically? xD

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I meant that the last time Carrie won, she got a call from Mike in the middle of her speech! I hope she gets another call!!!
    They are playing in Anaheim that night and I don't think that Barry Trotz allows cellphones on the bench.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone else think that Carrie actually kicked him, like physically? xD
    Was there a video of her kicking Mike - totally missed that and couldn't find anything - just the article.

Edit - Okay, I was a little dense there - When they said Carrie kicked Mike - they meant out of the arena - I took your comment too literal!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Was there a video of her kicking Mike - totally missed that and couldn't find anything - just the article.

Edit - Okay, I was a little dense there - When they said Carrie kicked Mike - they meant out of the arena - I took your comment too literal!
    I took the title of this thread too literally! I was like, "Well, alright, I'm sure he deserved it...or Carrie was just playing." xD

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post

LOL i didnt wanna question you but... haha jk
    becca T

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm spending too much time on here and this speculation garbage is getting to my brain!!! Totally losing it!! Album get here before I totally do!!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast