Ultimate Carrie Fan

10 Country Songs That Will Make You Cry

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    So glad to see JAD get some honour (it should have won at three award shows and didn't, and that lost them all some credibility in my eyes) Thank you Hillary, Steve and Gordie for giving us "Carrie's Song", and thank you Carrie for backing it all the way and giving me my song of that year.

On the general theme of the list of make-you-cry-songs, Beth Nielsen Chapman's "Sand and Water" always does it for me.

Concert Stars
    glad JAD made the list...it sure does make ya cry LOL

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Im glad JAD is on the list, it made me really sad when she sang it at the CMA's it was so beautiful and emotional

Concert Stars
    I love JAD, and the music video for it is amazing.

Concert Stars
    Yea, I have always thought that JAD was way underrated. It is probably my favorite Carrie ballad and right up there with JTTW, imo. It definitely did not get the recognition it deserves.

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    JAD is one of Carrie's most underrated songs ever. It deserved so many awards.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    "Just A Dream" is a criminally underrated song, and the beautiful performance Carrie gave is equally (if not more) underrated than the song itself. I was so upset when this song didn't receive the recognition it deserves; it wasn't just the awards, but the fact that it was so overlooked by almost everyone in the industry. To this day, I still don't understand how in the world this was so overlooked.

JAD encompasses everything country music stands for; beautiful, emotional lyrics and a gorgeous, heartfelt vocal performance to match. Country music has had some equally fantastic songs over the years, but it's things like this that really make me wonder what the voters were thinking.

This is the perfect song for anyone going through a difficult time, and judging by the thousands of comments on the official video, it has served as a true healer for millions of people.

The voters missed a huge opportunity to give JAD and its due recognition, and I do believe it could've touched even more people than it has, had it been give proper recognition. It baffles me that critics always harp Carrie for not singing material that matches the quality of her talent; she has given them more than that with this incredible song, and they didn't even blink. It's kind of unbelievable, really.

•