Brad Paisley, Friends, Toast Two #1 Singles on Grand Ole Opry Stage

One of the best recaps of the #1 party I've read. The Carrie parts:

Then Driskill called Underwood to the stage. She strode out in impossibly high heels, an assist that still left her an inch or so shorter than the diminutive Paisley.

The two will again host this year's CMA awards show.

Driskill noted that "Remind Me" was Underwood's 14th No. 1, as well, and that she has sold 13 million albums and reaped five Grammys.

Always low key, Lovelace told the crowd, "It's fun to make a living and support your family with your closest friends."

DuBois said he was still astounded Sheryl Crow was willing to sing Underwood's part for the basic "work tape" of "Remind Me."

"I really need to thank Carrie," said Paisley. "You've jumped off many a cliff with me."

When the song was just the germ of an idea, he said, he called Underwood in Los Angeles and "mumbled" the outline of it to her -- since there were still few words except the refrain "Remind me."

Paisley imitated the halting humming sounds he sang to Underwood and said that after she caught the sense of the song, she responded with "this angelic 'Remind me.'"

So, he asked her, "Are you in?"

"I guess so," the still unsold Underwood said.

"The key to all this," Paisley summarized, "is the best singer in country music. Me. No, I'm just kidding. It's Carrie. Thank God for that TV show [American Idol] that plucked you out of obscurity in Oklahoma and brought you here where you're supposed to be."

"Thank you for trusting me," said Underwood. "What would you have done if I showed up and [the song] was bad?"

"Blake [Shelton]," Paisley replied, broadly hinting that he would have sung the song with Blake Shelton.
    CMT : News : Brad Paisley, Friends Toast Two No. 1 Singles on Grand Ole Opry Stage

Concert Stars
    LOVE the bolded part!! so so true!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Yes, Brad, Blake Shelton sure would have been a substitute for Carrie. Only your house might get burnt down by kerosene.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    One of the best recaps of the #1 party I've read. The Carrie parts:

CMT : News : Brad Paisley, Friends Toast Two No. 1 Singles on Grand Ole Opry Stage

WOW!!! What an ENDURING and SUBSTANTIAL MUTUAL - "ADMIRATION" from each other!!! I still remember when Carrie was STILL AN "OPENER' with "Brad Paisley" and "Kenny Chesney" and the happiness that Carrie had in her face singing with "Rascal Flatts' during the FINALE of Season 4 AI in 2005. And NOW, Carrie is "ONE" of the "CROWN JEWELS" in music industry. "ONE" of the "ROLE MODELS" in music industry - "FUTURE ICON"!!! However, she is, MORE THAN THAT!!! As Mike Fisher said in his book, "Defender of Faith" - he is MORE THAN A HOCKEY PLAYER IN THE "NHL" - he is FIRST and FOREMOST, "A FOLLOWER OF GOD"!!!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Brad is wonderful!

Concert Stars
    Thank God for Brad. Otherwise-- we would have had no Carrie songs on the radio at all in 2011. He is such a good guy and a great friend to Carrie.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by lab View Post
    WOW!!! What an ENDURING and SUBSTANTIAL MUTUAL - "ADMIRATION" from each other!!! I still remember when Carrie was STILL AN "OPENER' with "Brad Paisley" and "Kenny Chesney" and the happiness that Carrie had in her face singing with "Rascal Flatts' during the FINALE of Season 4 AI in 2005. And NOW, Carrie is "ONE" of the "CROWN JEWELS" in music industry. "ONE" of the "ROLE MODELS" in music industry - "FUTURE ICON"!!! However, she is, MORE THAN THAT!!! As Mike Fisher said in his book, "Defender of Faith" - he is MORE THAN A HOCKEY PLAYER IN THE "NHL" - he is FIRST and FOREMOST, "A FOLLOWER OF GOD"!!!
    I totally agree with you !

•