Concert Stars

OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood Feels So Stinkin' Old

CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)

At only 28, Carrie Underwood is not literally old. But Carrie Underwood told the website for the Oklahoman newspaper that she felt old. She was heading to her alma mater Northeastern State University on Saturday (Oct. 15) to receive a distinguished alumnus honor.

"I'm gonna feel so stinkin' old. I just know I am. It doesn't feel like college is that far away, but I guess it was," Underwood said.

Then again, this was right after she'd spent the day building a new playground at the Marshall Elementary School in her hometown of Checotah. "I painted, I mulched, I shoveled. My legs hurt. I'm not gonna lie. When this (shirt) says, 'I earned this backache,' it's not lying. I'm probably gonna have one," she said of her day at work.

Underwood was very hands-on and definitely not the kind of celebrity who just writes a check and then gets in her limo to go home. She really built that playground. "You see the schedule, and you're like, 'Yeah, right, we're not gonna build an entire playground from 8:30 in the morning to 2:30 in the afternoon. Not gonna happen.' But it totally did. We had time to spare," she said.

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood Feels So Stinkin' Old

omg, i just read the comments on CMT...
    I know people are always bashing her, but really?? It gets me frustated everytime..
    I just can't get the fact that people hate whem she is just one of the most beautifel people (IN and out) in the world...
    Arghh...

Concert Stars
    Those are most likely TS fans who have been trashing her for years. I don't even pay attention to them anymore. I consider the source and realize they're probably kids who think stuff like that is cool.

Concert Stars
    Don't worry Carrie. I feel stinkin old too...lol.

Concert Stars
    I hope I don't get booted from CMT. I just couldn't hold myself back any longer after reading those comments.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    that was so nice of carrie. love her even more now!

Concert Stars
    awww...she is not that old...but she has accomplished so much in such a short time it probably feels like she is 100 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gran29 View Post
    I hope I don't get booted from CMT. I just couldn't hold myself back any longer after reading those comments.
    Those people are ridiculous. I was tempted to play nasty to them as well and reply to your comment about princesses. She's not even a real princess, just a wannabe.

But nah, they're not worth it and it'll make the nastiness even worse lol.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great article! Thanks for posting!

As for the negative comments on this article (and all others on CMT), ignore the trolls. They post comments on these articles to make fans angry...don't let them know it works. I personally don't read the comments section on any articles...it's not worth being upset about when these people are just being ridiculous.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    am I the only one who finds it ironic that there people on this message board who constantly point to our bad reputation as a fan base, yet there is a PUBLIC message board dedicated to bashing carrie for ANYTHING she does. We're barely aloud to say constructive criticism about taylor on a CARRIE fans cite. WHAT THE ****. haha. its stupid. like seriously, if anyone even thinks of bringing up that we supposedly have a bad rap as a fan base, please keep it to yourself.
    becca T

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is too funny actually Carrie is the youngest of the alumni being honored at NSU because some of the honorees graduated before she was even born like in the 60s

•