Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Insane Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Taking Slower Approach for New Album

No big news here, just a recent comment about album from Carrie.

Although Carrie Underwood has been providing updates on her upcoming album over the past few months, she recently mentioned that she’s taking a slower approach for putting it together.

Working on the follow-up to 2009’s Play On, Carrie Underwood told NewsOK.com this week during a tour of her home state: “I’ve been able this summer to work a lot on my next album. I’m in and out of the recording studio, kind of taking things a little bit slower, which has been really nice because I’ve been able to do stuff like this.”

Underwood was in town not to perform but to help 200 volunteers and organizers in Checotah, Okla., build a playground at Marshall Elementary School. The country singer’s Checotah Animal Town, and School Foundation funded the project, and Underwood assisted with various physical aspects of installing and building the playground. She told the press: “Play is really important. You know, you hear every single day it seems on the news about ... childhood obesity numbers … and this is something that can affect their lives forever. You know, get 'em young. […] Kids want to play; they want to go outside; they want to burn off that energy. They'll be better in school if they've gone out at recess and been able to get it all out of their system. They sleep better. It's just better all around.”

The singer has been providing various updates about the state of her upcoming album. She told Billboard in September: "I've recorded vocals [for] six songs thus far. It's all about just making the best album that I possibly can. New songs are coming in all the time -- I'm still writing, and I've recently written some stuff I'm really, really excited about, so just throwing it all in the mix and seeing what comes out on top, because I really just really really want to go for it this time."

Underwood will be co-hosting the 2011 CMA Awards with Brad Paisley. The event is scheduled for November 9, and about working with Paisley, she said: "We've been kind of texting different ideas back and forth. We're gonna start working on our promos, our commercials and stuff, and it's gonna be good. We haven't had any big sit-down meetings yet, but we will."
    sourse: Carrie Underwood Taking Slower Approach for New Album

Concert Stars
    Definitely slower. lol Hopefully, not much longer though. lol

Concert Stars
    very much slower...but I think it will be worth it!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Too slow but not in our hands, lol.

Concert Stars
    yes definitely too slow. lol

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Definitely slower but imagine how amazing it's going to be to finally listen to this album!

Insane Carrie Fan
    hard to believe last time around this time, the lead had already flown up the charts and was almost peaking while album and title tracks were all revealed along with COUNTLESS appearances booked + I-tune previews released every week with only a FEW more weeks till the album dropped.

I'm dying here. seriously. This playing around with THIN AIR and nothingness is just torture. We don't even know WHEN or even, IF the single will drop any time this year! For all we know, it could be until Jan! The fact that even the well known DJs and "insiders" don't even have A CLUE about the whereabouts of the single makes the release of this far into months later even more probable. I mean, don't you think if a single WERE to drop that the DJs and "insiders" would know at least that much?

I think I need a drink. XD

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    I think they want to get it right. Lets face it, there is big pressure for Carrie as far as record sales go. Starting with Some Hearts each album has sold "half" as many as the one before. I think the key is to have a HUGE first single. And if its a crossover hit then the album will be huge.. ie Lady A. " I Need You Now"... Hey just my opinion..lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    If nothing else I got a giggle oveer how many posts we got of just talking about how slow its going - just not too many ways to say the same thing. Its too slow for all of us but can't complain and that makes it worse. No news is not good news at this point!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by huggablebri View Post
    I think they want to get it right. Lets face it, there is big pressure for Carrie as far as record sales go. Starting with Some Hearts each album has sold "half" as many as the one before. I think the key is to have a HUGE first single. And if its a crossover hit then the album will be huge.. ie Lady A. " I Need You Now"... Hey just my opinion..lol
    SH should not be compared to either CR or PO in the sales department when SH came out before the i pod craze started and led to people buying mostly singles instead of albums.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think the wait will be worth it....guys I gotta feeling this album will be THE BOMB!! When it comes out and we hear a certain song, everybody will stop and think, "Oh, THAT'S why it took so long!"

Great quality takes great time....

The longer we wait the better the album will be. You just have to think about it that way.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Why is a crossover single so damn important to us? there are plenty of huge country stars selling out huge stadiums who dont play to pop. just sayin. its starting to get annoying that we base her success off of what lady a or taylor or remixing people do. heads up, she may NEVER get a crossover again if she doesnt remix. and guess what. WHO CARES!?. carrie has proved she can make people pay attention without playing to pop. im perfectly fine with her being the girl people outside of country think of as the top real country artist.
    becca T

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Why is a crossover single so damn important to us? there are plenty of huge country stars selling out huge stadiums who dont play to pop. just sayin. its starting to get annoying that we base her success off of what lady a or taylor or remixing people do. heads up, she may NEVER get a crossover again if she doesnt remix. and guess what. WHO CARES!?. carrie has proved she can make people pay attention without playing to pop. im perfectly fine with her being the girl people outside of country think of as the top real country artist.
    becca T

I don't get the need to have to have a crossover hit either.

Yeah people should forget about a single crossing over. It's not going to happen.

Carrie Guru
    Although Carrie's new album is not coming out as quickly as a wanted, she is still in the news and still in the limelight

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Yeah in fact I think I would actually like to see her do the opposite and do songs that are so far out there away from pop and mainstream....

I really LOVE "Is it still over?" and her version of "You're Lookin' At Country". I would love to see her do traditionalist country music, even though it probably would not be a big hit with young audiences..

I just think that would be so cool. I'm not really a fan of her going even more pop. Play On was about as pop as it gets for me.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by huggablebri View Post
    True the albums have sold less but that in large part is due to the change in the record selling climate...to date she's the only idol who has had all of her albums go multi-platinum...and I'm sure the 4th. will go platinum too. And she did this without a crossover hit. The artists you mention as well as a few others have decided to go the POP-country route, but Carrie is still insisting on being more COUNTRY-pop . I think the extended time being taken for this album is because she and her team are going for 'artistic' excellence this time around. I'm making that assumption based on things Carrie has said, like 'getting it right'. For me she got it right the previous 3 times already. This has me excited but also scared/worried. 'Artistically' acclaimed albums are not always good sellers, and there is no guarantee that critics will give it good reviews, no matter how much time they take. I liked all of Carrie's previous albums...and they all performed very very well. Whatever she puts out I'm sure I'll love it..but...I have to agree with those who are saying that this 4th. album is taking longer than anticipated. I keep thinking there's something else going on other than the, desire to put out an album that is 'just right'...I just wish I knew what it was. Then again I have on occasion been accused of having an overactive imagination.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah for sure I'm getting withdrawals thinking about it lol

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Like the parable of the tortoise and the hare, Carrie get off to a slow start of her FOURTH ALBUM, but, WIN THE LONG RACE!!! Carrie seeks to do very well in the SHORT-TERM and to do very well in the LONG-TERM ...... Carrie seeks to be HIGHLY IDEALISTIC and HIGHLY PROFITABLE ...... Carrie seeks in preserving her tightly held core ideology and in stimulating vigorous change and progress and does both to an extreme ...... SHE DOES ALL THOSE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. "The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function superbly." This is exactly what the "FOURTH ALBUM and the 2012 LIVE CONCERT TOURS" is all about. Believe me, after the "2012 Live Concert Tours" - it is just the BEGINNING OF "WINNING THE LONG RACE"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    becca T
    Agree. I'm not too keen on her going more pop. Let the others do the remixing and crossing over. As long as her album is great I don't care much about crossovers lol.

•  
    Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast