Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

Carrie to Build Playground

Ty
    Oh, wow. That's definitely it. But, it's happening tomorrow. Carrie's wording in that blog was so confusing. I thought she meant next Friday.

Concert Stars
    This does sound like it. Nice!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

I love this. Carrie is such a giving, humble woman. It's hard to believe how much she has been able to accomplish in order to help others.
    I believe the artists who are honored with the ACM Humanitarian Award build their playgrounds with Kaboom as well; that's so great they're partnering with Carrie.

So, so proud of her and everything she does for others, and especially that she has not forgotten her roots.

Country music is blessed to have such a selfless, talented woman in their corner.

Love you, Carrie! Thank for inspiring others to give back & being such a wonderful example.

Concert Stars
    good for Carrie! but this apparently occurred yesterday, Thursday, October 13. and Carrie clearly said her Friday surprise was NEXT week!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I love this. Carrie is such a giving, humble woman. It's hard to believe how much she has been able to accomplish in order to help others.
    I believe the artists who are honored with the ACM Humanitarian Award build their playgrounds with Kaboom as well; that's so great they're partnering with Carrie.

So, so proud of her and everything she does for others, and especially that she has not forgotten her roots.

Country music is blessed to have such a selfless, talented woman in their corner.

Love you, Carrie! Thank for inspiring others to give back & being such a wonderful example.
    Totally agree - well put!!

Concert Stars
    Yeah Carrie said her surprise was NEXT Friday, and if this happened yesterday, that was THIS thursday.

It makes sense that she is in Oklahoma this week for the NSU alumni thing tomorrow.....but she said NEXT FRIDAY, so I don't think this is it. It happned yesterday, a Thursday.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    good for Carrie! but this apparently occurred yesterday, Thursday, October 13. and Carrie clearly said her Friday surprise was NEXT week!

exactly. This can't be the surprise as it doesn't fit with what she said about NEXT FRIDAY. I could see her getting the week wrong, but not the day wrong. She specifically said Friday.

Either way, very nice thing for Carrie to do.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post

but the article is dated 10-13, and it said it was happening "today", meaning yesterday. So this can't be it, right? Either way, very nice of her to do.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Would a new single be released on a Friday!?lol

Concert Stars
    Well, I'm now confused about the days of the week...time for a refresher course!

Regardless, the headline of this thread certainly warmed my heart.

Concert Stars
    ^^^ mine too! she is amazing!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Very nice thing to do.

Concert Stars
    Hope we get some pictures!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It may have been dated yesterday as that is when it was written but I think it is taking place today. Carrie was at the preds game last night so she obviously wasn't in Checotah yesterday. I think some people misunderstood Carrie's blog as she meant this Friday not next Friday.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    That article is a little confusing because the date is the 13th but the time stamp puts it at around 10:00 pm. I'm guessing that the online version was posted just before midnight but the print edition came out this morning. According to at least one tweet Carrie was at the Predators game last night which if correct would have made it pretty tough for her to have been in Oklahoma at 2:00 pm. I'm thinking the playground dedication is this afternoon.

Hmm, I assumed the article meant yesterday, Thursday, also, but maybe they did mean today. I keep thinking Carrie was referring to next Friday since the rest of her paragraph was talking about exciting things happening NEXT week, but perhaps she was talking about today. I guess we'll find out sometime today!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    It may have been dated yesterday as that is when it was written but I think it is taking place today. Carrie was at the preds game last night so she obviously wasn't in Checotah yesterday. I think some people misunderstood Carrie's blog as she meant this Friday not next Friday.
    We would have to know what Carrie's definition of next Friday is. lol

People will use "next Friday" meaning the next one instead of using "this Friday".

Concert Stars
    if it's OK to quote just part of one sentence from Carrie's blog:

"Next week, I've got some really amazing things going on as well! Friday will truly be a heart-warming day."

next week = next week?!

Concert Stars
    Tx for clarifying about the time the article went out. I kind of figured carrie would be at the preds home opener yesterday so it makes sense that the playground thing us today.

However carrie blogged on tuesday that the exciting things were "next week" so i wonder if there is more stuff coming? Or maybe carrie just mis-spoke when she said next week but really meant this week.

Oddly alot of people do that. They say "next week" when they really mean "this week." lol. It sort if drives me crazy when people do that cuz clearly, next Friday is october 21st NOT today. Lol

But the playground thing clearly fits with "heartwarming" so it must be it.

To be honest I think carrie nay have used "next week" in the past by mistake when she meant this week, so maybe it is just how she views it. Maybe she calls this week "next week" all the time as that is how she sees it. Lol

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast