Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jason Aldean on Carrie Underwood: “She Will Be a Parent"

Jason Aldean Dishes to OK! on Carrie Underwood as a Future Mom: “She Will Be a Great Parent!”

After Carrie Underwood recently spoke out about considering adoption with NHL hubby Mike Fischer, fellow country music star Jason Aldean spoke exclusively to OK! about what he thinks the “Undo It” singer could be like as a mom.
    “She is a sweetheart,” Jason gushed of Carrie, 28, over the phone to OK! on Friday afternoon after recent reports revealed she may be adopting soon, “And I am sure when the time comes that she has kids, she will be a great parent.

While the “Dirt Road Anthem” singer doesn’t know Carrie all too well, Jason still thinks once it happens for the American Idol alum, she’ll be a quick learner with a baby.
    “It’s hard to tell if someone has that maternal instinct until they have a kid, you know?,” Jason explained to OK!, “Then they don’t have a choice and it kind of happens. They learn it.”

In the meantime, Jason, 34, is hard at work on his next album, which he says is, “a little bit all over the map. Some rock type of stuff and some more traditional type of country stuff.” But, is a duet with Carrie in the cards?
    “I would love to work with Carrie. I think she is great,” Jason told OK!, “I think it has to be a combination of a lot of things and it has to be the right song for both people involved, even for the voices.”

SOURCE: Jason Aldean Dishes to OK! on Carrie Underwood as a Future Mom: “She Will Be a Great Parent!” - OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News

Ty
    This seems so weird to me. Like who cares what Jason Aldean thinks about Carrie being a mother? IDK. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it, but it makes me think that maybe Carrie & Jason are collaborating on something in the near future.

Concert Stars
    ^^ haha I kinda agree...weird they asked him...

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Carrie said adopting a child would be decades away so I guess the press makes a big deal out of nothing. Anyway, decades away would be too late for Carrie to be an effective parent to a baby. Prime time is within the next ten years IMO. I have 3 children, all born when in my twenties. The energy I have for my grandchildren is good, but not at the level I had in my 20s.
    Anyway, we all know Carrie will be a great Mom, and Mike will be a terrific Dad..those lucky children-to-be.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I would love to hear Carrie & Jason's version of DYWS! since Carrie was the next in line to Kelly Clarkson to the duet. While we're on an all over the place article lol (kinda) I nearly flipped out yesterday when a host introduced Kelly Underwood (I thought they said Carrie Underwood haha!) to talk about the football final coverage here in Australia yesterday! Kelly Clarkson is headlining the rugby final pre-game this afternoon! Carrie sang UI @ one of these games while she was here on the Friday night! Am going to see Kelly sing tomorrow @ Sunrise, where I saw & met Carrie in June! very cool!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think it was kind of odd they would ask him about it, but I think he was very nice about carrie

Well you know the press...they will drag anything just for a topic/conversation...and Carrie is a Superstar so you know why

Concert Stars
    Odd...

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    You'd think they would know how to spell Mike's name by now.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    I didn't see that at first, lol. Poor Mike baby.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    Seriously. lol

How hard is it for people to make sure how it is spelled when all they have to do is google the Nashvillle Predators or just google Mike Fisher to see that it is spelled Fisher and not Fischer as in Jenna Fischer.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    All I saw was "Carrie will be a parent." And I was like, "If Carrie is pregnant and he just outed this, he is the biggest tool." Then I realized "Great" was left out of the title of this thread.

Funny how they conveniently leave out the part where Carrie said that if she adopted it would be "years, if not decades from now," and instead focused on the false "reports" that said she would be adopting "soon." LOL. Anything to sell magazines, I guess.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The whole quote is posted over at Countrymusicislove, and there's also a great picture of Carrie & Jason from their performance of "Paradise City."

“She is a sweetheart,” Jason recently told OK! magazine. “And I am sure when the time comes that she has kids, she will be a great parent… It’s hard to tell if someone has that maternal instinct until they have a kid, you know? Then they don’t have a choice and it kind of happens. They learn it.”

Although kids seem to be a long way off for Carrie & Mike, the reporter probably just thought it would be OK to ask that because of the recent "rumor," and the fact that he has performed with Carrie.

It seemed to be a way to transition into asking if Jason would ever record something with Carrie, instead of randomly placing a quote in the article that has no significance.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan_01 View Post
    All I saw was "Carrie will be a parent." And I was like, "If Carrie is pregnant and he just outed this, he is the biggest tool." Then I realized "Great" was left out of the title of this thread.
    Oops! Sorry, I didn't realize i missed that out! I think I must've copied & pasted the title & didn't read it properly before i posted. Sorry about that!

Carrie Guru
    OK magazine must be in Carrie withdrawal like us. lol!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Oh my gosh I would love to see a Jason/Carrie duet!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Yep - it's quite a stretch for him to say he hardly knows her, and then start giving his views on her family future. But I guess celebrity magazines exist in a world of their own

The main thing is, it's nice publicity, and says some good things

it's hard for me to picture carrie recording a duet with any other country star other then brad, but it would probably sound good

I'd love a Jason-Carrie duet, but only because of the Carrie portion

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast