Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Catching up with Carrie Underwood at The Ella Awards (with video of interview!)

Catching up with Carrie Underwood at The Ella Awards

The Society of Singers (SOS) presented music icon Smokey Robinson with the 20th Ella Award for his outstanding achievements in music. The presentation was held on September, 19 at The Beverly Hilton. The event featured a personal tribute to Smokey and featured performances by Natalie Cole, the“First Lady of Gospel” Shirley Caesar, Human Nature, Carrie Underwood and Stevie Wonder to name a few. Wayne Brady hosted the event. Berry Gordy, Clive Davis, Herb Alpert, Jane Fonda, Dave Koz and Hugh Hefner were also in attendance.

I spoke with Carrie Underwood on the red carpet at the event. Click on the video link to see what she had to say to myself and another reporter.

The Ella is a prestigious award presented each year to a select entertainer for their significant achievements in music and for their dedicated efforts to benefit thecommunity and worldwide humanitarian causes. The Ella Award is named afterrenowned jazz great Ella Fitzgerald who was the first recipient in 1989. Past Award honorees include Natalie Cole, Elton John, Celine Dion, and Tony Bennett among others.
    Catching up with Carrie Underwood at The Ella Awards (video) - Los Angeles Music | Examiner.com

Here is the video of the interview:

Concert Stars
    Dangit. Album news we already knew. Lol.

Concert Stars
    Very cute interview! Thanx!

Love that she once again confirmed she is touring next year.

Concert Stars
    Definitely a tour next year and that is exciting news!!! So the album will come out before the tour so that means March, (her birthday week?) or April release? I'm ready for it . Right now I'm enjoying all her current projects and pushing the album to next year is also giving her time to participate in
    honoring other artists like Smokey, she did say he was a really nice guy - I thought he seemed to be. Nice interview!

Concert Stars
    cute interview...she is adorable!

Concert Stars
    I like how the camera zoomed really close to her face when she leaned in to answer the album question...

Concert Stars
    I am beginning to think the plan was never to drop the album in 2011. Carrie's laid back approach in this interview shows she was kind of always planning to take this year off, I think.

She must have needed the year off to chill and reflect about everything, including all the snubs and bs lately.

So I feel like there was never a plan for a 2011 album release after all. I guess we were just wishful thinking. lol

Well, I feel pretty good about an early 2012 album release if they're already planning the tour!

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am beginning to think the plan was never to drop the album in 2011. Carrie's laid back approach in this interview shows she was kind of always planning to take this year off, I think.

She must have needed the year off to chill and reflect about everything, including all the snubs and bs lately.

So I feel like there was never a plan for a 2011 album release after all. I guess we were just wishful thinking. lol
    Yeah, I just wish they had come out and said that at the beginning of the year - "don't expect anything until next year" - or something, so we didn't all get our hopes up. lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Yeah, I just wish they had come out and said that at the beginning of the year - "don't expect anything until next year" - or something, so we didn't all get our hopes up. lol
    I agree with you and Tee that I wish she would have said that the album would be out early 2012. In her blog she just said it will take a little longer than usual. I think her definition of a little longer is different from mine! lol I do wish someone would point blank ask her when the album is coming out. Someone needs to tweet Ryan Secrest and get him to ask her this question since he is hosting the IHeartRadio festival.

Junior Carrie Follower sosmallgirl's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yay! Carrie got a haircut! Love the bangs on her.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Speculation, curiosity, waiting, it all leads to conversation and that leads to publicity. It's all in the game. If she would come out and say, "yea, my album will be out on this exact date 6 months from now", that would
    be the end of it. I know, it's crazy, but it works.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Speculation, curiosity, waiting, it all leads to conversation and that leads to publicity. It's all in the game. If she would come out and say, "yea, my album will be out on this exact date 6 months from now", that would
    be the end of it. I know, it's crazy, but it works.
    Well I don't think we need an exact date but just the year! lol Just tell us is it 2011 or 2012 although I think we are all pretty much ruling out 2011. I think we would just like to know if we can expect the album early 2012 or mid 2012.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    What did Carrie sing last night!?

Concert Stars
    She sang "Second That Emotion" I think.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    No Carrie sung You Really Got a Hold On Me.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    No Carrie sung You Really Got a Hold On Me.
    i would love to see that performance!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Have we got a video of it thanks!?

Concert Stars
    Very cool.
    Glad that she is planning to lay low and work hard on a new album.
    Funny how we all get ideas in our heads about how things "should" work and only to find out that she is just doin her thing and taking time to make it great.
    Good for you Carrie.
    I know we are gonna love it.

Concert Stars
    ^ sorry I confused the songs. I am not that familiar with the one she sang but I am dying to see a video.

^ well she has already laid low for about a year-- so I am personally hoping to see her in the spotlight soon again-- pklongbeach. lol I don't know how much more she can stay out of the spotlight without disappearing. lol

I really hope we get the lead single at least in November.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast