Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Star-watching for baby bumps (Carrie mentioned and it's not a baby rumor)

Star-watching for baby bumps
    By Bruce Ward, Ottawa Citizen
    September 17, 2011

Someday, I'll look back on all this and laugh. But I swear the passage of time will not let me forget the anxiety I experienced as a baby-bump detector for Us Weekly, a top-selling U.S. magazine.

Or maybe the wedge-bootie question was the worst part of the magazine job. It's hard for me to decide.

Us Weekly (circulation 14 million) hired me as a stringer - that is, a freelance journalist - to cover Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert, who were among the headliners at Capital Hoedown last month at LeBreton Flats Park.
    Full Article: Star-watching for baby bumps

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Too bad that great article didn't get published in US. Thanks for posting.

Huge Carrie Follower
    That article made me laugh. Thanks!

Concert Stars
    That is so funny! lol Good catch cary.

I didn't get why he called Carrie an "andenoidal shouter" or somethiing like that though. lol

Concert Stars
    haha good catch...very little but good mention!

Insane Carrie Fan
    If there's a baby behind those black pants, then I'm Queen Marie of Romania. That's what I was telling Us readers, between the lines.
    ... My obstetric observations were good copy, I figured, considering it was my first time as a baby-bump detector.
    Far as I know, though, not a word I wrote made the print magazine or its online edition.
    But then "Carrie Not Expecting!" isn't much of a headline.
    When I took the job, I knew that Us Weekly was mostly filled with B-list celebrity drivel - a sort of poor gal's People.
    Still, I thought it would be fun to have my contributions looked at by 14 million people.
    What I I didn't know about the magazine was its obsession with baby bumps.
    Us Weekly still hasn't paid me. On the bright side, I never did figure out what a wedge bootie is.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    That is so funny! lol Good catch cary.

I didn't get why he called Carrie an "andenoidal shouter" or somethiing like that though. lol
    The word is 'adenoidal' and I'm not sure how he was using that word but the fact that he uses the word 'shouts' in reference to Carrie's singing when he could have used the word 'belts' which carries a different connotation makes me suspect that he's not a Carrie fan or follower. He seems to expect that Carrie will ruin the duet with Tony B. because of her 'adenoidal shouting'. Further on down in the article he takes another dig this time at US magazine and perhaps the stars he is covering when he refers to US as a 'poor gal's People' and that US magazine is full of B-list celebrity drivel.

I think he's trying really hard to keep his personal opinions out of the article but he couldn't resist a couple of digs...

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love this article

OH MY GOODNESS!!! LMAO! I really needed that laugh! thanks for the article.

•