Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Jimmy Carter Reflects on Tony Bennett's Duets CD (Carrie Mention)

"Wait until you hear the new Tony Bennett Duets2 CD this week! Not sure any of this will get Country radio play, but it could: Faith, Willie and Carrie all have songs.
    "On the Sunny Side of the Street" with a Willie guitar solo is real nice, big band days tune. Faith Hill's voice is not heard nearly enough these days" but she is so elegant with Mr Bennett on "The Way You Look Tonight" ... whoaaaa.
    Then the Carrie Underwood choice, "It Had To Be You." We usually hear Carrie blowing out the roof with that powerful voice. In this song she has been throttled back and sounds like a classy nightclub singer in Chicago back in the Capone days.
    Duets2 is going to be a big seller and will get a lot of Grammy nominations/wins!"

Source: Great Voices, Fun People ... And Legends Named Possum! by Jimmy Carter | Rumbles From ... …

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I can't believe that I am going to say this about Carter, but that is a really good description of what Carrie does sound like on the Bennett duet.

Concert Stars
    awesome reviews on the song..it truly is amazing!

Concert Stars
    awesome review! Cannot wait to get this album on tuesday!

Concert Stars
    I am so looking forward to the Duets II release! It will be an amazing album release!

We usually hear Carrie blowing out the roof with that powerful voice. In this song she has been throttled back and sounds like a classy nightclub singer in Chicago back in the Capone days.
    hehehehe♥

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Very nice review!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great review. Carrie is amazing.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    If you guys get the cd at Target, they're going to have a deluxe edition with 2 extra songs and more!!!! It will be $11.99. I hope the 'more content' contains ONE video WE know they recorded!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    If you guys get the cd at Target, they're going to have a deluxe edition with 2 extra songs and more!!!! It will be $11.99. I hope the 'more content' contains ONE video WE know they recorded!!!
    Here is the two extra songs:

Two of the songs on the album will be exclusive to Target: Bennett and Brad Paisley singing "They Can't Take That Away From Me," and Bennett and Jackie Evancho singing "When You Wish Upon a Star."

link: Target seeks a different generation with Tony Bennett deal - Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    And here is the info on the bonus video:

The Target version of the album includes two exclusive songs from country singer Brad Paisley and soprano singer Jackie Evancho. Bennett partners with Paisley for a smooth version of “They Can’t Take That Away From Me,” and Evancho for a rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star.” Also available on Sept. 20, and only at Target.com, is an exclusive downloadable video that explores the making of “Duets II.”

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Just letting everyone know...

If the album itself wins any Grammys (Tradition Pop Vocal Album, Pop Vocal Album, Album of the Year, etc.), then Carrie automatically gets a Grammy, too, for being an associated act.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Anyone know how many Grammys the first duets album won? I think its a safe bet that this one will win a few as well!!!

Incidentally, the full page ad in the AARP magazine is just beautiful. Its a still from the very first video that we saw of the recording session. Carrie has the MOST beautiful smile -- you can tell that she's just so happy and excited!

ETA: Here's some info I did find out about the first duets cd : It debuted at #3 on The Billboard 200 selling around 202,000 copies in its first week. The album spent five consecutive weeks in the Top 10 – a great achievement considering that was released during the competitive Christmas season – and was certified Gold in less than four weeks of release. It also reached #1 in Canada

ETA: It won the Grammy in 2007 for Best Traditional Pop Vocal album.

Concert Stars
    Interesting that Brad was part of this-- -but we never heard that until just now. lol

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    And here is the info on the bonus video:

The Target version of the album includes two exclusive songs from country singer Brad Paisley and soprano singer Jackie Evancho. Bennett partners with Paisley for a smooth version of “They Can’t Take That Away From Me,” and Evancho for a rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star.” Also available on Sept. 20, and only at Target.com, is an exclusive downloadable video that explores the making of “Duets II.”
    I really hope the video will be available in Canada!!

I'm obviously biased but even though everyone sounds wonderful on this album, I think Carrie and Tony sound magical together.

Concert Stars
    I hope it does well.
    And I hope for lots of promo.
    Actually, it is already getting it.

I still think Adele will be the frontrunner for the album award at the Grammys, but it would be nice if Duets II will give her a nice competition.

Concert Stars
    This album is going to be incredible. Having already heard "Body & Soul," "The Lady is a Tramp" and of course "It Had to Be You..." that's already worth buying!

Carrie Guru
    We usually hear Carrie blowing out the roof with that powerful voice. In this song she has been throttled back and sounds like a classy nightclub singer in Chicago back in the Capone days.
    In this song, Carrie's voice is so sexy ! There is a certain sexiness in her voice.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I still think Adele will be the frontrunner for the album award at the Grammys, but it would be nice if Duets II will give her a nice competition.
    Grammy is unpredictable. Carrie was the underdog of winning new artist against the heavy favorite British singers Imogen & Corinne, guess who won.
    There is a possibility Duets 2 will be Tony last record album as Sony is going to release his entire albums in one box set. Usually itís a sign an artist plans to retire from music scene. Expect Sony to go all out of lobbying Tony & knowing Grammy past where sentiment plays a big role, they may reward him the big awards as his last legacy & music contribution. lets see if that will be the case again.

I wonder if Carrie has a hand in the late inclusion of Brad. Where as to Jackie Evancho, Tony son, who chose duet partners for the album, must have been impress by the child prodigy great performance at PBS & BGT this year.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast