Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Included on List of the Most Dangerous Celebrities in Cyberspace

Carrie Underwood ranks No. 51 on a recent list of the most dangerous celebrities on the internet. The study looks at what famous names cyber-criminals use to lure people to sites containing malicious software. Victoria’s Secret model Heidi Klum beat out last year’s most dangerous celeb, Cameron Diaz, to lead this year’s pack of McAfee’s Most Dangerous Celebrities.

Ironically, Underwood is known for not making use of some of the social media platforms other stars invest time in. She doesn’t have a Twitter account, so if you think you’ve been following the ‘Before He Cheats’ singer there, well … that’s why she’s on the list. She is the only country star on the list, now in its fifth year.

Female celebrities — especially actresses — dominate the Top 10, with Piers Morgan being the only male on the first page. In general, Hollywood stars are a riskier search than singers and athletes. Big names like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are buried at No. 49 and No. 58 on the list. When you get that low, less than three percent of searches yield risky results. Since Underwood is at No. 51, fans don’t have to worry too much when they’re searching for the latest news about her.

link: Carrie Underwood Included on List of the Most Dangerous Celebrities in Cyberspace - Taste of Country

Concert Stars
    this is weird...

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It is weird WTF

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ironically, the only time I ever had a virus on my computer was when I was looking for a Carrie performance (I think it was "Desperado"), and it was a bad link.

I'm very careful about sites I click on now; it helps to have anti-virus software that will let you know which sites are safe & which ones could be dangerous.

I don't think this study is weird at all. In this day and age, everyone should be aware of what they're clicking on, and knowing if it's a good idea to check something out or not. It's not stating you shouldn't search for these celebrities, just that you should remember to be careful because they're some of the well-known names who have been known to be more vulnerable to hacking and viruses and such.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is weird, I heard about it on the radio today. I remember I got a virus once that they blamed on this website, but I wouldnt imagine carrie as being a dangerous search

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    These hackers are just taking advantage of Carrie's fame. She is the only country artist on the list due to her immense popularity.

Concert Stars
    I used to get viruses all the time when I downloaded Carrie stuff...but most of that crap was from Limewire...

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    B4 I came into this thread I imagined someone who wrote the article saying that Carrie is really out there in cyber space luring over every1 LOL this article is odd but it would be true actually if u think about it.

Concert Stars
    Must be because alot of people google Carrie and search for Carrie related news, music, etc I know I do and I have had my computer get a virus on more than one occasion because of it but it still hasn't stopped me from searching for Carrie stuff. The things we do and endure for Carrie

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Weird article but at least it's getting the word out to watch out for stuff like that.

Carrie Guru
    Well it's pretty dangerous coming here to CF around awards time. lol!!

•