Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Album Update: About Half Done

Carrie Underwood called in to On Air With Ryan Seacrest this morning to update the Idol host on her new album and talk about her upcoming performance at the iHeartRadio Music Festival on September 23 and 24.

link for audio below

Carrie Underwood Album Update: About Half Done

Concert Stars
    Ohh I hope it comes out soon!!

Concert Stars
    Darn, no new music on September 24th for the Iheart Radio show! I was totally expecting something from the new album lol. Thanks for posting! I enjoyed the interview

Concert Stars
    Bummer. I am officially resigned to the fact that this album is not coming out any time soon. It sounds like they are not even debuting anything anytime soon. She said the I Heart Radio Festival is too early to debut anything---- so that means we won't be getting a new single either.

Looks like all we are getting in 2011 is Remind Me, and that is what they will perform at the CMAS.

I am officially bummed. If it is 2012, they will have to wait till spring as there will be terrible sales in January- March.

So it looks like we have at least 7 more months to wait until the new album. I don't think I can make it that long. So bummed.

I wonder what is taking them so long??? She said she cut 20 songs in July....so what is the hold up?
    Last edited by teesharky; 09-08-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Concert Stars
    Tee, you need to put the brakes on the angst stuff. Honestly, it's going to be all right.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ So what is she going to perform at the I Heart Radio show-- the same old setlist? That will be kind of boring.

I hope she at least does a cool cover song or collabs with someone big. Why would they not take advantage of that amazing platform to release a new song?

People are bored of the old stuff. Her team needs to be more creative and come up with ways to make people excited and buzzed about her new album. Singing the same old songs is not going to accomplish that.
    Tee, I don't get how you can say this???? I would be willing to bet that a good portion of the audience hasn't been to a recent Carrie show and they might not even be all that familiar with the most recent Carrie music.

I hardly think performing at the musical event of our generation is going to turn out to be a bad thing for Carrie and I know FOR SURE that no one will come away from that concert being disappointed having had heard Carrie Underwood.

Well gosh, last I checked I'm not a space alien and I'm definitely not bored with Carrie music. In fact, I could listen to her sing songs like How Great Thou Art or It Had to Be You several hours a day for days on end!!!! I do it now and I don't see that changing anytime soon!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Bummer. I am officially resigned to the fact that this album is not coming out any time soon. Carrie is so laid back about it--- it sounds like they are not even debuting anything anytime soon. She said the I Heart Radio Festival is too early to debut anything---- so that means we won't be getting a new single either.

Looks like all we are getting in 2011 is Remind Me, and that is what they will perform at the CMAS.

I am officially bummed. If it is 2012, they will have to wait till spring as there will be terrible sales in January- March.

So it looks like we have at least 7 more months to wait until the new album. I don't think I can make it that long. So bummed.

I wonder what is taking them so long??? She said she cut 20 songs in July....so what is the hold up?
    Try to relax and breathe, Tee lol. Remember you are only speculating a Spring release. Carrie may release between January and March 2012. I don't think it would hurt her sales too much at all. She is a superstar, not some newcomer lol.
    Twenty songs really isn't a lot in comparison to what some artists cut for an album. David Cook said he recorded 85 songs for his latest album, and had to cut down from there for the actual album. Maybe Carrie wants lots of material to choose from for this album so that we, as fans, really do get the best she has to offer. I'm glad Carrie isn't rushing the album because I think we'll be happy with her efforts when we do get the album.
    Try to enjoy the Carrie ride, Tee, and try to be thankful that Carrie isn't completely out of the spotlight because she keeps doing random performances, and whatnot. We still have the Tony Bennett duets album as well. Plus Carrie is co-hosting the CMAs. Her team is doing a good job keeping her name out there while she is working on the album . Some artists fade away while they work on albums...Carrie is too much of a work-a-holic for that lol.

Junior Carrie Follower Carrielover21's Avatar
    I know were all getting impatient and anxious, but good things come to those who wait. and She said probably not, she these is still a small chance that maybe she will surprise the world and release her debut single from the new album on that day. But we will have to wait and see. Regardless, whenever it comes out. We will love it and it will be an instant smash hit. Heres to Carrie taking over the radio!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^ So what is she going to perform at the I Heart Radio show-- the same old setlist? That will be kind of boring.

I hope she at least does a cool cover song or collabs with someone big. Why would they not take advantage of that amazing platform to release a new song?

People are bored of the old stuff. Her team needs to be more creative and come up with ways to make people excited and buzzed about her new album. Singing the same old songs is not going to accomplish that.
    Tee, she said she is filling in the spots. My interpretation was that half the songs are complete...meaning background vocals, etc. Additionally, she said Sep was "a little too early" for a new single...that still leaves Oct, Nov, Dec. I still think she drops the new single in Oct with the album coming out in Nov or Dec. JMO
    PS at least that is what I'm hoping...

How much buzz/excitement can be generated with old material that everyone has already heard?
    Don't be too sure Carrie won't pull a surprise in the setlist. Remember Walk This Way?

Concert Stars
    You know Tee, you need to really just speak for yourself and quit putting words into everyone's mouths. Also, it would be nice to see an optimistic post from you once and awhile. I don't come here often anymore but when I do, it's you ranting your doom & gloom posts that are just too much to handle. For the record, I am not attacking you; just pointing out that you really need to relax. Maybe go take a walk or find something you can be happy about. Carrie's album will come out when it comes out and I think the record label knows a lot more about this business than you do. Sometimes you read too much into everything as not everything is a conspiracy against Carrie.

Maybe she only has half the album done but there is still a lot of time left in 2011.

We are die hard fans so of course we will not be bored with the same old songs. We as her die hard fans will love whatever she sings-- even the ABCs.

But you cannot assume everyone out there feels the same way. Country radio djs and programmers all over the country will be watching-- and they are VERY familiar with her old songs.

Also-- most of Carrie's casual fanbase has heard her old stuff too-- and may be ready for something new.
    There are many pop fans at the concert as well, not everyone knows Carrie catalog inside out, Tee.

Also, I'm sure all the other artists would be performing mostly their old stuff too, mainly crowd faves. Not everyone has a new album out just to sing a whole setlist of new songs during iHeartRadio lol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    Tee, she said she is filling in the spots. My interpretation was that half the songs are complete...meaning background vocals, etc. Additionally, she said Sep was "a little too early" for a new single...that still leaves Oct, Nov, Dec. I still think she drops the new single in Oct with the album coming out in Nov or Dec. JMO
    PS at least that is what I'm hoping...
    Well I hope you are right. Just wondering does anyone know what other country albums are coming out in November besides Miranda's? I know there are a bunch coming out in October but the only one I know coming out in November is Miranda's.

Tee is suffering from Carrieaddict syndrome..lol! joke..joke...Chill

just another fan

good songs are timeless. if people are getting tired of some of her old songs then something is wrong with her old songs. not as if they have been played on radio or shown on TV hourly. if you follow other artists you should realize that not everyone is able to put out albums once every 40-48 months on a regular basis; sometimes things just take longer for whatever reason. i've waited years for some albums to come out and i sit here bemused that a wait of a few months is a terrible thing. it's the artist's career and they want as bad as any fan out there to do well.

also, if you post more than 4 times in one page of a thread, that's a clue that you may be posting too much. this board is a discussion forum, not a monologue or soapbox for particular individuals.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that Carrie's 4th album is half done she works so hard

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Well I hope you are right. Just wondering does anyone know what other country albums are coming out in November besides Miranda's? I know there are a bunch coming out in October but the only one I know coming out in November is Miranda's.
    I just checked AllAccess, and Miranda is the only November release listed. That doesn't mean more won't be added though. For some strange reason, many country acts are releasing in September and October instead. I checked the future releases for other genres, and there actually aren't many releases listed for November and December for any of them. Interesting. It could be that there will be more November/December releases announced in the next month though.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Didn't I read that Carrie will only do about 5 songs for the Iheartradio thing and one of them is bless the broken road (maybe a duet with rascal flatts).

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I just checked AllAccess, and Miranda is the only November release listed. That doesn't mean more won't be added though. For some strange reason, many country acts are releasing in September and October instead. I checked the future releases for other genres, and there actually aren't many releases listed for November and December for any of them. Interesting. It could be that there will be more November/December releases announced in the next month though.
    Maybe everybody was wondering If Carrie will be releasing in Nov/Dec so they were trying their best to avoid her release week

Thanks (:

•  
    Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast