Insane Carrie Fan

CMT: News: OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood's Husband Defends His Faith

One look at Mike Fisher and I knew Carrie Underwood had found herself a gorgeous husband. But the more I read about him, it's easy to see how he is beautiful on the inside, too. In this story on beliefnet.com, Fisher comes across like the perfect man, through and through. He has a new book due out soon, Defender of Faith, and I'm guessing it's all about his relationship with Jesus. "I gave my heart to the Lord when I was 6 years old," Fisher recalls. "It's very young, but I still remember that day, and it was very significant. Me and my mom just started praying, and I remember saying I wanted a relationship with Jesus. And I wanted to live that way. I think we're all kind of a little like the Prodigal Son." Then he openly admits the celebrity and wealth that come with being a professional hockey player have made that relationship tough. And how he was a little ashamed of his faith when he was younger. "I was made fun of a little bit when I was a kid, but I think that really pushed me to want to be able to play hockey and play hard, not be soft and play a physical game and show people that if you're a Christian you can still be competitive," he says. There's no mention of Underwood in the story, but I'm looking forward to reading the entire book to see what Fisher has to say about how keeping God in his life helped him keep love in his life.

Source: CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood's Husband Defends His Faith

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Nice article.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great article. Mike seems like such a wonderful man. It's a shame more people in the spotlight wouldn't be more vocal about their faith to show young people that they can be open about such things.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I really enjoyed reading that - Mike is a great guy. I love that he is so open about his faith.

Concert Stars
    They were made for each other!

Concert Stars
    I love this article...he is an awesome guy!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Mike seems like an incredible guy.

I admire that he wrote this book, to show people that's it OK to be open about faith, even if you're a celebrity.

Carrie is a lucky lady, her guy is beautiful inside and out.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    One look at Mike Fisher and I knew Carrie Underwood had found herself a gorgeous husband. But the more I read about him, it's easy to see how he is beautiful on the inside, too. In this story on beliefnet.com, Fisher comes across like the perfect man, through and through. He has a new book due out soon, Defender of Faith, and I'm guessing it's all about his relationship with Jesus. "I gave my heart to the Lord when I was 6 years old," Fisher recalls. "It's very young, but I still remember that day, and it was very significant. Me and my mom just started praying, and I remember saying I wanted a relationship with Jesus. And I wanted to live that way. I think we're all kind of a little like the Prodigal Son." Then he openly admits the celebrity and wealth that come with being a professional hockey player have made that relationship tough. And how he was a little ashamed of his faith when he was younger. "I was made fun of a little bit when I was a kid, but I think that really pushed me to want to be able to play hockey and play hard, not be soft and play a physical game and show people that if you're a Christian you can still be competitive," he says. There's no mention of Underwood in the story, but I'm looking forward to reading the entire book to see what Fisher has to say about how keeping God in his life helped him keep love in his life.

Source: CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood's Husband Defends His Faith
    Mike is displaying meekness, which doesn't mean weakness, as perfectly exemplified by his Master.

Concert Stars
    I got a couple of Mike's books. I'm giving them to my grandsons....

Carrie is a very lucky girl.

Concert Stars
    Awesome Article. Thanks for posting! It was a great read

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I got this book on preorder and read it. I'd say 80% of it are from interviews Mike had already given. If you haven't done a lot of research on Mike it would be new to you. It is mainly about faith and hockey. It barely talks about Carrie at all until the end and all from interviews we've read. For me the most interesting part was the beginning when they talk about his childhood. Some great childhood stories in there. There are a few pictures of him as a boy. You learn why he is so close with his cousin Warren and totally makes sense of why he was his best man. Goes thru all the injuries he has had in hockey. It is a long list. He's had 3 surgeries before this last one on his shoulder. He's got 2 screws in his arm and he can't totally straighten it till this day. You get a sense of who Mike is by reading the book and it is well worth the read.

Concert Stars
    Yes, it is, Boilermaker!

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'll have to pick this book up.

Doesn't look like "Carrie Underwood's Husband" is going anywhere....

Concert Stars
    Off to order some books, for me and grandkids! Thanks!

•