Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Day Two: Miranda and Carrie’s Showstopping Duet

The article is long, lol, so this is just the Carrie part of the review. Check out the entire article, it's a great review:

Day Two: Miranda and Carrie’s Showstopping Duet

Carrie opened up with “Cowboy Casanova” to the cheering Ottawa crowd welcoming her back “home.” While there is some tension between Miranda and Carrie’s fan bases, it all disappeared last night as fans were just as loud for her as they were for Miranda. Both women are superstars in their own right, if crowd energy levels are anything to go by. As always, Carrie’s vocals were outstanding and right on.. even without any fancy stage, fancy lighting, or a screen behind her. Everyone was able to focus on the woman’s voice. How could you not?

“I’m keeping track of all the bugs I’m eating tonight,” she joked before “Wasted,” which she dedicated to all those drinking tonight. While she had the best vocals of the entire festival so far, everyone was blown away by the mix of “Jesus Take The Wheel” with “How Great Thou Art.” You could see husband Mike Fisher side-stage watching her proudly as she was welcomed back by the Ottawa fans for the first time since Mike was traded to the Nashville Predators from the Ottawa Senators. She didn’t miss a note all night, smiling and waving to fans with her down-home charm.

Carrie scared herself, and her fans, with her introduction to “All-American Girl” last night. Saying that one day she was going to have to “teach my daughter what the song means” and “change the lyrics around for her” she quickly realized what that meant and added on “down the line in a few years when we have one.” Her aw, shucks personality really shown through all night and made you love the woman even more: no matter how huge she is, she’s still the same girl from American Idol six years ago. She also shared that the one thing she was most proud of in her six year career was learning to be a songwriter and be able to be in the room with the writers of “Temporary Home.”

The highlight of the night was the surprise performance that I was guessing about a day before. During Carrie’s encore, she started singing “Before He Cheats” and grinned as she pointed offstage to announce “Miranda Lambert!” The crowd blew up with this duet that people have waited forever to see, which turned into a medley of “Gunpowder & Lead” and “Before He Cheats.” Both girls sang both songs together and no one tried to out-sing the other. It was the best surprise of the festival, and might be the number one moment unless Rascal Flatts and Sara Evans can find a way to top it tonight.

While Miranda’s Revolution is continuing through Canada and the United States, her “gal pal Carrie” was right there to join in. Here’s hoping the pair somehow find a way to tour together: what do you think about that idea?
    Day Two: Miranda and Carrie’s Showstopping Duet | Keepin' it Country

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I would love to see a video of BHC and Gunpowder.

Concert Stars
    That Miranda and Carrie hoedown ending gets 10 woot woots!! from me - I hope we get to see a vid of it - a good vid of it would go over great on CMT and GAC

Carrie Guru
    Carrie opened up with “Cowboy Casanova” to the cheering Ottawa crowd welcoming her back “home.” While there is some tension between Miranda and Carrie’s fan bases, it all disappeared last night as fans were just as loud for her as they were for Miranda. Both women are superstars in their own right, if crowd energy levels are anything to go by. As always, Carrie’s vocals were outstanding and right on.. even without any fancy stage, fancy lighting, or a screen behind her. Everyone was able to focus on the woman’s voice. How could you not?
    This is what a megastar all about -- the "WOW factor".

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Sounds like Carrie had an awesome night! I wonder if Mike came on stage at all? I couldn't care less about Miranda. Been shoved down my throat for 2 yrs now and I have gone from an occasional fan to not a fan at all now.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    Find this on Youtube, it's not the whole part but at least there is a vid

Huge Carrie Follower
    Thanks for the video.

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This was my fave part of the concert. Absolutely loved it.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    Sounds like Carrie had an awesome night! I wonder if Mike came on stage at all? I couldn't care less about Miranda. Been shoved down my throat for 2 yrs now and I have gone from an occasional fan to not a fan at all now.

Why is there so much hatred for Ran on this board seriously what did she ever do to anybody here?.............It's like Carrie fans some anyway have turned her into the next SWSRN..........and gone on the attack......It's SWSRN that's been shoved down our throats for entirely to long........Miranda has way more talent.......can actually sing.......doesn't write songs about boys......and actually earned her chance to be here and payed her dues........if our sweet Carrie doesn't win awards.......and isn't #1 on the charts......I proudly would love it to be Miranda instead of SWSRN!!!

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    Mike did not go on stage. You could see him on the side though

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post

Why is there so much hatred for Ran on this board seriously what did she ever do to anybody here?.............It's like Carrie fans some anyway have turned her into the next SWSRN..........and gone on the attack......It's SWSRN that's been shoved down our throats for entirely to long........Miranda has way more talent.......can actually sing.......doesn't write songs about boys......and actually earned her chance to be here and payed her dues........if our sweet Carrie doesn't win awards.......and isn't #1 on the charts......I proudly would love it to be Miranda instead of SWSRN!!!
    i wasnt aware there was a lot of hatred for her... i also wasnt aware everyone on this board HAS to like miranda. and guess what, there are actually people on this board who like taylor swift. *gasp!*
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    i wasnt aware there was a lot of hatred for her... i also wasnt aware everyone on this board HAS to like miranda. and guess what, there are actually people on this board who like taylor swift. *gasp!*
    becca T

I never said everyone on this board has to like Miranda but there is no reason for the bashing either sorry. She deserves to be here too just like Carrie. As for Swiftie not a chance!!!!!

Concert Stars

I never said everyone on this board has to like Miranda but there is no reason for the bashing either sorry. She deserves to be here too just like Carrie. As for Swiftie not a chance!!!!!

Insane Carrie Fan

exactly when and what has someone said to "bash" Miranda? I don't recall ANYONE here saying she doesn't deserve to be "here".
    It's no secret the label has been pushing for Miranda farther than needed resulting in over-saturation which in turn made some people feel like it was "shove down the throat" since the last year.
    Some people might be happy that she's been getting this much attention whether it's deserved or undeserved just because. In the same way, some may not feel so cordial toward it.

And... I'm not sure what Taylor has to do with this.

Concert Stars

CC i wouldn't worry to much everyone has there preferences of artists they like and don't like haven't seen to many people actually put Miranda down that much here.Most are just expressing that Miranda doesn't do anything for them baffles me but hey i'm a fan of both and believe they will be both around for years to come.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thank you for the video! And it was a very nice article

Concert Stars
    sounds like one amazing night..wish I was there!

I don't know if this was already posted but this is the whole video of the duet, enjoy it !!!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Can someone post a link to the video of the performance please! Thanks! Sounds awesome. YouTube videos don't show on iPhones.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast