Ultimate Carrie Fan

NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Ronnie Dunn Begins Anew

It's not every year that a standout country song grabs the listener and creates that moment usually described as "I had to pull the car over to the side of the road when that song came on the radio."

In recent years, that moment has come with such songs as Jamey Johnson's "In Color" and Carrie Underwood's "Jesus, Take the Wheel." But not with anything else that notable. Not on a par with George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today" or his wife Tammy Wynette's "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" or Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places" or "The Dance" or Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance."

CMT : News : NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Ronnie Dunn Begins Anew

Concert Stars
    Truly remarkable songs don't come along everyday that's why they are remarkable - they are works of art through the writing and singing that grab the listener and just like in fine art, where a painting is set apart by it's mastery ( the Mona Lisa), they are rare , and it's always been that way - you can go back and find many great songs but they didn't all arrive in the space of two years, it's taken many decades to accumulate a group of great songs. Nice to see that he chose a song that Carrie made a hit - many artists had passed on Jesus Take the Wheel but Carrie took a risk and brought it to life - one of my very favorite Carrie songs. I guess this is a statement on the current country songs, just wait - a remarkable song will pop up again to suit this authors tastes.

Jesus Take The Wheel will always be one of my favorite Carrie songs. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this song.

Concert Stars
    JTTW is a song you can never get tired of...amazing!

Concert Stars
    JTTW is truly one of the all time greats and I am so glad a voice of an angel was able to bring life to this song. This will always be my all time favorite song as it came out during a very dark period of my life and helped me see the light. As I am sure it did for ten of thousands of other people as well.

Concert Stars
    Wonderful compliment by Chet F!!! The song he was talking about, by Ronnie Dunn, sure tells the story of our Country today! I hadn't heard it before!

These 2 great songs "Jesus Take The Wheel" & "Before He Cheats" already earned a spot in country music history.... legend

•