Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

2011 CMA Nominations!!!

CMA To Announce Awards Nominees On September 6th | AllAccess.com

CMA will announce nominations Sept. 6!!!

Concert Stars
    Let's hope our Carrie gets many nominations. Woo Hoo.

Concert Stars
    I get a knot in my stomach when I see that. Here's hoping and praying.....

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    She will at least be nominated for Female Vocalist of the Year. However, I don't see them nominating her for Entertainer because she hasn't had a major tour this year, and she probably won't have a new song or album out by Sept. 6, so I don't know. I hate to say it, but I don't see her getting many noms at all. Maybe one or two at most! Darn the CMAs. I never got how she could host the show and then be ignored for three years as far as awards go. This has just been a slump year for her as far as awards go. But that's okay. When that album comes out, and we should be expecting a new single next month too, she is going to be getting plenty of awards and nominations in 2012!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    CMA who? I don't know what it is and it means nothing to me. (LOL or so I try to tell myself).
    I don't really care so much about nominations now because it's become a norm given the past 2 years and I've learned to accept that but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    it's nice that Carrie will still at least get FV nom but her company is rather funny as ppl like leeann womack or who knows who since years ago that also get nominated. lol

I'm actually looking forward to CMAs though. why? CARRIE LEAD SINGLE performance!!! She outshines all (brighter than the moon, moon, mooon. ) the snubs might be a bit of a but once you see her face (and think of all the goodness that has happened, the AMAZING era we've had and just all the blessings in disguise) you can't help but smile It's ALL GOOD

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    LeAnn Womack can be nothing but a filler - pretty sure of that.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    CMA who? I don't know what it is and it means nothing to me. (LOL or so I try to tell myself).
    I don't really care so much about nominations now because it's become a norm given the past 2 years and I've learned to accept that but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    it's nice that Carrie will still at least get FV nom but her company is rather funny as ppl like leeann womack or who knows who since years ago that also get nominated. lol

I'm actually looking forward to CMAs though. why? CARRIE LEAD SINGLE performance!!! She outshines all
    I know! I can't wait to see her perform her new single! I think I might die of suspense before she releases it!

Concert Stars
    The fact that she will be co-hosting again and singing again and "possibly" nominated again is enough for me.
    I am so over thinking that CMA's are legitimately considering who is most deserving. There are so many things that they take into consideration that actually being talented and deserving just has nothing to do with it any way.
    So who cares.
    I know one day she will get that Entertainer of the Year. And that is the only thing left that CMa has to offer me.
    Otherwise I am just watching for the host and hostess.

Concert Stars
    I am glad she is hosting and likely performing. I am sure she will get a Female Vocalist nom, and I am hoping for country collab for Remind Me with Brad.

But I have given up all hope on EOTY. They clearly do not want to give her that category....and her label is certainly not helping her one bit, by nominating Mirnada over her for EOTY when ML was still an opening act for most of last year.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm hoping that Sara Evans takes the "filler" space for female vocalist this year over Leann and Martina. She released a decent album, and has had okay commercial success. I am worried about our Carrie, but truly do believe that 2012 will be a lot better than 2011. Which of her singles are actually able to be nominated? She'll get the female vocalist slot and I'm guessing a Collaboration nomination for Remind Me if its eligible.

Concert Stars
    All I know is the only reason I watch all these award shows is to see Carrie. So can't wait to see her host and perform. Not expecting much else after that as far as awards goes due to past CMA's history. Can't wait to see Carrie though

Concert Stars
    I think Mama's Song is the only eligible single, besides Undo IT, since Undo It peaked after the cut off date.

But Undo It is way too "pop" for those traditionalist elitist voters to go for, and Mama's Song was not a big enough hit.

So I predict:

Female Vocalist
    Country Collab-- Remind Me

and that is it.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    I'm hoping that Sara Evans takes the "filler" space for female vocalist this year over Leann and Martina. She released a decent album, and has had okay commercial success. I am worried about our Carrie, but truly do believe that 2012 will be a lot better than 2011. Which of her singles are actually able to be nominated? She'll get the female vocalist slot and I'm guessing a Collaboration nomination for Remind Me if its eligible.
    Yeah I won't mind Sara Evans either since she has been played more on my radio station than Leann and Martina and I liked her recent songs too that they played. So she seemed to have a little bit more success that some of the other ladies.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    Sara Evans should get nominated for FVOTY with her #1 hit "A Little Bit Stronger". LeAnn hasn't done anything this past year.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well I am not gonna lie but I am really nervous about the nominations. I just hope Carrie gets a FVOTY nomination and I hope she and Brad get a collaboration nomination for RM. I also think Sara will get a FVOTY nomination and I think she will take either Reba's or Martina's spot. I don't expect
    Carrie to get an EOTY nomination this year. I do think that Kenny, Brad, and Keith will be nominated for EOTY and I would not be surprised to see Blake Shelton nominated.

Insane Carrie Fan
    LOL
    having blake nominated is even more of a joke than miranda. yeah he had The Voice and honey bee recently but that was just RECENTLY. not quite during eligibility period for that matter.

what he's done his whole career probably doesn't even add up to even a quarter of what miranda has.
    lol, you know it's sad when Blake has a chance while Carrie has none. "the difference between the two is about a million miles"
    I can't even be upset. I laugh. I laugh.

Concert Stars
    It just feels like Carrie will never get the respect she deserves from the industry or her peers at the CMAS.

Then again, I keep blaming the CMAS, when it is her label that did not support her, and block voted for Miranda instead...at both the ACMS and CMAs.

So I blame her peers for not voting for her, her label for not supporting her, and the industry as a whole for snubbing her.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well the sad thing is I believe if Carrie were a male she would have been nominated last year. Again I think that the label and the industry wanted to make sure Brad won and they were not going to have two women (Carrie and Taylor) in the category who could have possibly upset him for the win. By the way I don't have a problem at all with Brad winning last year. I just don't like the fact that Carrie was not nominated when she should have been and others were nominated that should not have been nominated. I just hope Carrie gets an EOTY nomination and win at some point at the CMA's.

Also, I do want Carrie to be nominated for EOTY but I am not expecting but I do hope Jason Aldean gets an EOTY nomination. I personally think he deserves one.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    LOL
    having blake nominated is even more of a joke than miranda. yeah he had The Voice and honey bee recently but that was just RECENTLY. not quite during eligibility period for that matter.

what he's done his whole career probably doesn't even add up to even a quarter of what miranda has.
    lol, you know it's sad when Blake has a chance while Carrie has none. "the difference between the two is about a million miles"
    I can't even be upset. I laugh. I laugh.
    And even with all that buzz going around, his first week sales weren't as good as lets say Eric Church, who only had a top 20 single. I wouldn't mind Kenny taking the throne of Entertainer again over the other nominees, or Keith Urban.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I want to be really excited for this, but Im just too afraid Carrie wont get the recognition she deserves... again

•  
    Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast