Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 443
  1. #41
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    scared she won't get any...here's to hoping for the best!

  • #42
    Huge Carrie Follower clarkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    U.S
    Posts
    698
    i'm sure she will at least get FVOTY but other then that i just don't see any nominations she actually qualifies for this year

  • #43
    Obsessed Carrie Fan dreamer11's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Laguna, Philippines
    Posts
    1,222
    Hmnnnnnnnn. I still want Carrie to win some awards if not the entertainer (shame on you CMA!) but I do care for the Vocalist♥ I want that title w/c is rightfully belong to our Queen Carrie

  • #44
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    I disagree. His earlier stuff was great! Austin, The Baby, Playboys of the Southwestern World, Goodbye Time, Nobody But Me, Don't Make Me, etc. He deserved nominations long ago. Haven't been crazy about his recent songs though. Honeybee and God Gave Me You are a step in the right direction though for me..

    As for Carrie, she DEFINITELY deserves an EOTY nomination (and a win for that matter). WAY WAY overdue!

    those might have been great songs but as far as sales, influence and standing in the country community..etc. he's still got a LONG way to go. his songs that charted were also rather inconsistent compared to that of his peers. (#1 song then below 30s...etc.). not to mention he's still an opening act. Miranda can still sell a pretty decent amount and has already begun headlining. He's been around as long as Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley and yet they leave him in the dust in all aspects of his career. He was just a by most, C-list country artist who was hardly visible until Miranda suddenly jumped to spotlight (plus their engagement, which in turn gave them the "King and Queen" crown becoming a supposed power couple) and when he got on The Voice.

    As far as Carrie, she deserved the EOTY WIN last year. Brad deserved it but Carrie was the winner.

  • #45
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I'll be honest, I still care about these awards lol. I know that getting shut out this couple of years does not diminish Carrie's talents, and that ultimately it is the opinion of the fans that matters, but I would love it if Carrie will be given the recognition that she deserves for being a topnotch vocalist and entertainer.
    I definitely hear you. The awards don't determine anything about Carrie's talent but who are we kidding, who wouldn't be happy if Carrie got the recognition she deserved? would we honestly just dismiss the wins as nothing? lol, Carrie sweeping the awards and making history along with the viral performance videos would have been ++++++ JUST PERFECT

    there's no denying that the awards would mean a lot, however, I'm learning to just let go because there really isn't anything we can do. I just try and focus on all the goodness that's happened and just ENJOY it. It makes it a lot easier as I can just bask in all the wonderfulness of Carrie. (I'm sure looking forward to the CMAs now because of NEW Carrie performances and presence during the show)
    Most artists would KILL to have a year like Carrie. Even though Miranda won so many awards, I'm sure her fans would have liked it better if she got as much attention as THE incomparable Carrie Underwood and if she could top charts as often. Respect from legends all around that exceeds all genre, killer sales, INFLUENCE in the music community, performances that go VIRAL just from Carrie opening her mouth, and just the POWER Carrie brings as THE superstar is something that cannot be bought. for that, I'm a pretty happy camper
    man, I CANNOT believe the new album is already coming in a few months. SAY WHAT?

  • #46
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,799
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkie View Post
    i'm sure she will at least get FVOTY but other then that i just don't see any nominations she actually qualifies for this year

    Remind Me is eligible for Country Collaboration, this year, as it was released prior to the cut off date of June 30th. The video, however, is not eligible this year as it just came out.

  • #47
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,799
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieidol1 View Post
    A Female Vocalist nomination is a given, and I think her chances at a win are better than last year with RM blowing up and all that. HGTA is a great kicker. However, Miranda remains the girl to beat.

    Maybe Video/Song/Single nominations for MS but I HIGHLY doubt it.

    I definitely see some love for RM in Song/Single/Video but I'm not sure of it's eligibility.
    Remind Me is eiligible for Single and Song, but song wouldn't go to Carrie as she didn't write the song.

    However it is also eligible for Country Vocal Collaboration, which would go to Carrie if they won.

    Video is not eligible as it came out after the cut off date.

  • #48
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,799
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    Why wouldn't Remind Me be nominated for single/song of the year? Or are we waiting till 2012 for that!?

    You are correct that Remind Me is eligible for Single and Song of the year, as well as Vocal Collaboration. It is not eligible for video as the video just came out and missed the cut off date.

  • #49
    Huge Carrie Follower clarkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    U.S
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Remind Me is eligible for Country Collaboration, this year, as it was released prior to the cut off date of June 30th. The video, however, is not eligible this year as it just came out.
    right but that's a shared nomination, i'm talking just carrie

  • #50
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,799
    Concert Stars
    Oh ok. Well, if you are talking just Carrie alone, then I will go with your prediction of just Female Vocalist. lol

    Hopefully they don't screw her out of that now. lol But nothing would surprise me at this point.

    I think it is obvious Miranda is going to win despite the fact that her last 2 singles were just ok, but they better at least nominate Carrie.

  • #51
    Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mudgee, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    3,684
    Concert Stars
    RM needs to be nominated this year because it is not eligible next year j just found out! Surely it would be nominated right? Just look at it! An amazing song and it's a super single with sales and airplay! The first live performance at the CMAs will secure everything! So that's 4 nominations I see for Carrie - single, song, collab, FV!

  • #52
    Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,889
    Concert Stars
    Categories she COULD get nominated in:

    -Entertainer
    -Female Vocalist
    -Single [Remind Me, Undo It]
    -Song [Remind Me, Undo It]
    -Musical Event [Remind Me]
    -Music Video [Mama's Song]

    Categories I think she WILL get nominated in:
    -Female Vocalist
    -Single of the Year [Remind Me]
    -Song of the Year [Remind Me]
    -Musical Event [Remind Me]

  • #53
    Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Piney View,West Virginia
    Posts
    1,736
    Concert Stars
    I Want To See Our Girl & Rascal Flatts Up For Entertainer Of The Year But I'm Not Holding My Breath I Am Really Hoping Both Acts Are Nominated.

  • #54
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,799
    Concert Stars
    ^ I want Rascal Flatts to get more love at award shows too. So sick of them gettiing ripped off just like Carrie.

    Same with Keith Urban. He wins Grammys, which is awesome, but that is about it. He deserves more love too.

  • #55
    Huge Carrie Follower clarkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    U.S
    Posts
    698
    well if carrie doesn't get nominated for EOTY, then i'm deff hoping for brad lol
    Last edited by clarkie; 08-12-2011 at 11:27 PM.

  • #56
    Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,298
    Concert Stars
    Country Vocal Collaboration is handed off air right? Therefore even if they have won, we wouldn't get an acceptance speech. BOO! Hopefully they will get either song/single and brad will be nice enough to drag carrie on stage!

  • #57
    Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,360
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    Country Vocal Collaboration is handed off air right? Therefore even if they have won, we wouldn't get an acceptance speech. BOO! Hopefully they will get either song/single and brad will be nice enough to drag carrie on stage!
    That is something I have never understood. It is the CMA "Awards," so why must some big awards (Collab, Video) be handed out off-stage. I mean, it is a 3-hour program! lol I'm sure they could afford to scrap one commercial break.

  • #58
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,799
    Concert Stars
    Maybe they will show it on tv if Brad and Carrie win, since they are the hosts.

  • #59
    Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,412
    Concert Stars
    you'd think they'd change it, like the grammy's do, if the people who win the award/the song that wins the award was HUGE that year. Its not very often that the song likely to win the collab award has just as likely a chance to win song/single. and its not very often that its a collab by the two biggest stars in country AND the hosts haha
    becca T

  • #60
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I want Rascal Flatts to get more love at award shows too. So sick of them gettiing ripped off just like Carrie.

    Same with Keith Urban. He wins Grammys, which is awesome, but that is about it. He deserves more love too.
    You KNOW I agree a million times over with that, Tee! I know most people aren't fond of the fact that they're signed to the same label as Taylor, but I'm actually hoping this means bigger and better things for them come awards show season.

    Lyric Street was a small label, and they obviously didn't have enough power to get RF the nominations they deserved, but I think BM knows they have a shot at restoring RF's chances at awards shows. Look at the way they push for Taylor come that time.
    As much as I cannot stand Scott Borchetta, I do think he realizes that RF is still a very successful group that is beloved by their fans. At the very least, I think he's smart enough to know their fans want to see them get nominated and at least have a shot at what they deserve.

    If any small label has a chance of accomplishing the job, it's Big Machine & I do think they get the best of both worlds here. They're on a small enough label where they have control, but they also have a lot of power within the industry, especially with the success of Taylor Swift.

    Big Machine has done a better job of promoting them, and they have given them opportunities that their other label just didn't have, IMO. It has given them the chance to restore their album sales a little bit, and bump them up in digital sales again.

    It's not as if they needed a huge boost, but just enough promotion to keep the momentum going when they needed it most; BM has done that. As long as they continue to push RF when they need it, they'll be just fine.

    With their recent success of a platinum album, touring numbers, back-to-back number ones and great, creative videos, this would be a great time to reintroduce them to awards shows.

    I'm still content if they don't win or aren't nominated in some categories, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make a comback this year.
    If anything, all the snubbing they endured under Lyric Street has prepared me not to expect much, and just enjoy the music/performances.


  •  
    Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Wimbledon 2011!
      By carebear4eva in forum Sports
      Replies: 88
      Last Post: 07-08-2012, 02:11 PM
    2. Memorial Day 2011
      By buckeyecarriefan in forum Motorsports
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 05-29-2011, 10:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •