Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blake Shelton names the Top 10 voices in country music (Carrie mention)

Blake Shelton names the Top 10 voices in country music. Do you agree?
    by Mandi Bierly

Tonight on SiriusXM’s The Highway, channel 59, Blake Shelton—who’s currently atop the Billboard 200 album chart with the highest debut of his career—will host a special called “Blake Shelton’s Top Ten Voices in Country Music” at 6 p.m. ET.
    You’ll have to wait till then to hear his countdown, but Sirius, which snapped this pic of him signing the autograph wall at its studio, did give us a sneak peek of his picks in alphabetical order:

Carrie Underwood
    Con Hunley
    Conway Twitty
    Earl Thomas Conley
    George Jones
    Martina McBride
    Miranda Lambert
    Reba McEntire
    Ronnie Milsap
    Travis Tritt
    Blake Shelton names the Top 10 voices in country music. Do you agree? | The Music Mix | EW.com

Concert Stars
    Interesting list.
    But to exclude such voices as Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette and J.Cash but include M.Lambert. Please!
    But he definately got one right (wink)!

Concert Stars
    Miranda has a nice voice and of course Blake would pick her; he would be stupid not to. Just saying I don't mind Miranda. At least she can sing live and on key. I like Miranda but of course love Carrie more. But I agree Dolly, Patsy Cline, etc should be up there too. But he could only pick 10 so he probably picked the ones or people he likes the most.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 07-30-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Carrie Guru
    Ronnie Dunn has the most beautiful voice for country male, in my opinion -- but Blake Shelton ? I think Blake is just as overrated as Miranda . They are just being flavor of the year

Concert Stars
    Blake has a nice voice too. I really like his recorded music and listening to him on the radio but I agree Ronnie Dunn has one of the most beautiful live voices of the guys imo. Blake didn't have to mention Carrie at all so I take it as a compliment when others mention Carrie.

One thing is for sure, I like the fact that all these legends like Dolly, Vince Gill, Randy T, Steven Tyler, and now Tony B. have dueted w/ Carrie Not to mention Brad, Keith Urban, etc. It sure has been a fun 6 years following Carrie's career.

Concert Stars
    well very subjective list, and blake has his own tastes and reasons. you can tell he's a carrie fan, always mentioning her!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Blake has a nice voice too. I really like his recorded music and listening to him on the radio but I agree Ronnie Dunn has one of the most beautiful live voices of the guys imo. Blake didn't have to mention Carrie at all so I take it as a compliment when others mention Carrie.

One thing is for sure, I like the fact that all these legends like Dolly, Vince Gill, Randy T, Steven Tyler, and now Tony B. have dueted w/ Carrie Not to mention Brad, Keith Urban, etc. It sure has been a fun 6 years following Carrie's career.
    YEah, I agree that it is a big deal that he mentioned Carrie. Especially as she represents contemporary competition to his own wife. And of course he was going to mention Miranda. No surprise there.
    But of all the country voices ever, I still think it is kind of a strange list.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Blake has a very nice voice and is finally getting attention that he should have got a long time ago, getting to much attention is up to each individual but everyone is going to say that so & so has gotten to much attention at one time or the other.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well I heard his top two choices when I was driving home last night from work because I was listening to Sirus XM radio and the top two picks of his was no. 1 was Earl Thomas Conley and his pick at no. 2 top country music voice was Miranda. I did not hear the rest of the list so I don't know where he put Carrie on that list. Anyways, no I would not agree that Miranda was be the no. 2 top voice but of course she is his wife and he is going to pick her. I like Miranda okay but to me she just has an okay voice. I agree that Carrie, Martina and Reba should be on the list as well as plenty of others. Anyways, it is just Blake's list.

On a side note I don't know if any of you visit the CMT website but Chett Flippo has posted an article over that about Blake and his crossover appeal. I am going to still say that I will not be surprised to see Blake nominated for EOTY this year at the CMA's. I do think he is going to win MVOTY again. He is getting a lot of hype this year and really seems to be the "It" person in country music right now. Sorry to get off topic.

Concert Stars
    In alphabetical order? Really? Well... Carrie's name is right where it belongs. ON THE TOP.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Well we all know why miranda lambert was in there lol, but it was really nice of him to mention Carrie!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

I love that Blake included Carrie. Other Carrie male duet partners include Kenny Rogers...Island in the Stream, and Patrick Wilson...Suddenly Seymour. I made a CD for a friend of Carrie's duets and didn't have enough room to include all of them on an 80 min. CD. It is absolutely beautiful.
    It surprises me that Trisha Yearwood doesn't receive more praise. I think her voice is magnificent, and after Carrie I like her. About Ronnie Dunn, yes he is an incredible singer. WE are truly blessed to receive so much listening enjoyment. If I kept a gratitude journal for today, my ability to hear is right up there. A little off topic...sorry.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that Carrie is on the list on top 20 voices

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's so cool Blake included Carrie. It's a great compliment that so many contemporary and legendary artists love her voice.

Concert Stars
    nice of him to include our girl!

Concert Stars
    Interesting list, but where's TS?

It's the top 10 voices of country music, jptexas

TS isn't so relevant to country music. She's a pop singer...

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's nice of Blake to give Carrie some attention. There are lots of other great names on his list, too!

If Miranda weren't Blake's wife, she wouldn't have made it on the list let alone at #2. Don't get me wrong, she has a very good voice, but it's definitely not one of the top 10 country voices of all time. Carrie, on the other hand...

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Did the complete listing ever come out from 1-10? It obviously subjective and personal so there is no wrong listing and order of those listed. However anytime Miranda Lambert is the no. 2 as the top country voice it decrease the credibility of the list IMO. I think she is ok but not one of the best but of course that is my opinion only, lol. I do think his picks of the men were more representable than the the women. Blake himself does have one of the best voices out there right now.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast