Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

My Two Cents-Cmtís 20 Years (from 5 Star Country)

My Two Cents-Cmtís 20 Years

Posted July 18, 2011 by 5starcountry in News

A few years ago, CMT did a 40 Greatest Men Of Country Music and a 40 Greatet Women In Country Music List. Those lists covered the entire history of country music. Now CMT is coming out with their 20 Greatest Men in 20 Years List in August and has already came out with the 20 Greatest Women in 20 Years in June, each covering the past 20 years. And I must say that while some of the choices were right, I definitely would have swapped out some of the artists for better ones. I am sharing my opinions on both lists.

Who They Got Right(The Men):

George Strait, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Vince Gill, Hank Jr., Garth Brooks. Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney, Trace Adkins, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash

Who They Got Wrong:

Zac Brown Band, Dierks Bentley, Jason Aldean(only has like 4 or 5 good songs, which are far in between),

Who They Missed:

Clint Black, Travis Tritt, Josh Turner, Collin Raye, John Michael Montgomery

Sorry if the numbers donít quite add up right.

Who They Got Right(Women):

Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Sara Evans, Shania Twain, Trisha Yearwood, Dixie Chicks, Leann Rimes, Dolly Parton, Lee Ann Womack, Patty Loveless, Faith Hill, Jennifer Nettles, Wynonna , Miranda Lambert, Alison Krauus, Emmylu Harris

Who They Got Wrong:

Gretchen Wilson(good singer, but not hasnít necessarily always release the best material), Taylor Swift, Hilary Scott(I love Lady A, theyíre one of my favorite artists, but they really havenít been around that long. 5 more years, and Iím sure Hilary would deserve this spot.),

Who They Missed:

Pam Tillis, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Kathy Mattea

Link: My Two Cents-Cmtís 20 Years ę 5 Star Country

Concert Stars
    agree with all of this...good article!