Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bill Anderson Celebrates 50 Years at the Opry (Carrie mention)

Do you think younger artists have the respect for the Opry today as artists did when you were coming on board?

I absolutely do, I feel it from a lot of them. Carrie Underwood has really floored me as to how many times she has performed at the Opry since she became a member. I said this the last time I introduced her, I said, "Here is this lady who could be on any stage in the world tonight, and here she is devoting this night to be on the Opry." I think I introduced her the first time.

Carrie, Brad, Vince [Gill], these are the people who will carry it on.

SOURCE: Bill Anderson Celebrates 50 Years at the Grand Ole Opry - The Boot

It's so great to see Carrie getting the respect she deserves from such Country legends like Bill Anderson.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for posting - love reading how others we respect love our Carrie and appreciate her!!!

I always love Bill's intros for Carrie at the Opry.

Concert Stars
    yeah the Opry sure means a lot to Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    Chalk up another Legend that loves Carrie!!!!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow - what a wonderful comment.

Junior Carrie Follower FreeCountry22's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Bill has introduced Carrie every time I have been there. He speaks the truth, country music is very well respected by it's members and that's why it is so important to induct the right people into the Opry and the decision to have Carrie and brad and Vince and Blake bring in a new generation helps promote "the best genre of music in the world"

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    This is why Carrie is an Opry member and many of the other popular new artists never will be. Carrie respects the traditions on country music and its institution. And she is willing to make the commitment of time to play the Opry stage even though she could be making a lot of money playing in other venues. And Carrie has been honoring that commitment almost from the day she won the AI title.

Concert Stars
    So proud of her. But thats just Carrie.
    She is just following her heart.
    And her heart dreams big and small.
    Thats why we love her.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUK View Post
    SOURCE: Bill Anderson Celebrates 50 Years at the Grand Ole Opry - The Boot

It's so great to see Carrie getting the respect she deserves from such Country legends like Bill Anderson.
    This is why I believe that Carrie's legacy in country music will be great !

Carrie has definitely introduced a whole new generation to the Opry and its legacy. Her commitment to it is truly amazing, and one of the reasons she is such a valued Opry member.

This is why it irritates me when I see fans of other popular artists or even fans of artists who have been around longer than Carrie but don't show nearly as much commitment to the Opry, complaining about why Carrie got to be inducted and they haven't yet.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that he has great respect for Carrie.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Carrie has definitely introduced a whole new generation to the Opry and its legacy. Her commitment to it is truly amazing, and one of the reasons she is such a valued Opry member.

This is why it irritates me when I see fans of other popular artists or even fans of artists who have been around longer than Carrie but don't show nearly as much commitment to the Opry, complaining about why Carrie got to be inducted and they haven't yet.
    I would say that a lot of fans and especially younger fans don't understand what Opry membership mean. They tend to think of it as something like a hall of fame. So they expect that if someone sells a gazillion albums and sells out stadiums, then that artist is a shoe-in to get Opry membership even if they only play the Opry once in a blue moon.

thats our Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    Very nice comment by a Country legend! Carrie certainly does love the Opry and has always shown the utmost love and respect for the "Church" of Country Music.
    I have always loved the way the family of the Grand Ole Opry has embraced Carrie. Good folks indeed!

Carrie Guru
    I think I introduced her the first time.
    YES, you did Bil, and Carrie does comeback often to the Grand Ole Opry even though she is very famous

Concert Stars
    Incredible statement from Mr. Bill Anderson! Carrie's mark on country music is astounding. Thanks for posting

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I would say that a lot of fans and especially younger fans don't understand what Opry membership mean. They tend to think of it as something like a hall of fame. So they expect that if someone sells a gazillion albums and sells out stadiums, then that artist is a shoe-in to get Opry membership even if they only play the Opry once in a blue moon.
    Lol about your description, I think it was easier (and shorter) to say: "If your name is Taylor Swift, it doesnt mean you will be a member"

Nice comment about Carrie, they just keep coming.

Concert Stars
    That's the first time I heard that first performance at the Grand Ole Opry - beautiful, she's so amazing - I loved it when she sang in a lower key like here - Cryin is spectacular, I love her lower tones

Concert Stars
    I remember being so nervous for her, watching that.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast