Junior Carrie Follower northtexas's Avatar

Roughstock Remind Me Review

Brad Paisley - "Remind Me (Duet With Carrie Underwood)"

By: Bobby Peacock

Brad Paisley - "Remind Me (Duet With Carrie Underwood)" | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video | Roughstock.com

Take two A-listers on the same label, give them a duet and watch it take off. It's a foolproof plan, and it's one that Arista has taken with its flagship artists, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, on "Remind Me." And in fact, it's a pairing that I find very interesting, since I've found Paisley to have gotten progressively worse in nearly every aspect of his musical abilities, while Underwood has gotten progressively better. Luckily, this is a return to the "good" Brad that I fell in love with the first time I listened to Mud on the Tires — the Brad who could be clever, witty and detail-oriented.
    The opening stanza in particular is interesting: "We didn't care if people stared / We'd make out in a crowd somewhere / Somebody's tell us to get a room / It's hard to believe that was me and you." Here, the details are relatable, and amusing without being corny. The song amounts to a fine ballad of wanting to rekindle that spark of love that was present when two lovers first started out, and the fine details continue throughout: kissing at the airport for so long that they miss a flight, her waking up in his t-shirt, et cetera. Both Brad and Carrie give fine performances on their own, but they come out slightly imbalanced when put together. Granted, it's hard to find a good vocal match for Carrie, but no matter how much she tries to dial herself down, her powerhouse voice still makes Brad's very limited range all the more obvious. But that's a small complaint for an otherwise-excellent song.
    "Remind Me" reminds me of why I became a Brad Paisley fan in the first place. Sure, maybe he's better at some aspects of a song than others, but when all the parts come together as well as they do on "Remind Me," he's got another bona fide hit on his hands. And if he's going to get it as right as he did here, then why not share it with his labelmate, to keep her name in the spotlight between albums? Sounds like a good plan.
    Listen: "Remind Me"

Concert Stars
    Very, very nice review!!

Concert Stars
    I like how this kind of comment always comes back:

Granted, it's hard to find a good vocal match for Carrie, but no matter how much she tries to dial herself down, (...)

Carrie Guru
    I agree with the review .

Concert Stars
    For me it still remains that the only country artist that would probably be a good vocal match for Carrie is David Nail, and maybe Jimmy Wayne (based on Do You Believe Me Now).

Concert Stars
    Good review.
    What is important to me here, is that reviewers and critics are finally starting to catch on to the fact that Carrie has (by nature) a powerful voice. And in the past critics have held that against her as if it is something that gets in the way or that she uses it to a fault.
    But finally it is becoming clear that it is just a natural part of her and who she is. And yes it is hard to "dial down" such a powerful instrument.
    I just wanted to point out that that is a really important turning point in the way alot of critics judge her.
    And finally they are starting to just sit back and enjoy the incredible gift God gave her, instead of holding it against her.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Good point !! i agree!!

Concert Stars
    That is a really good review. Awesome!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    For me it still remains that the only country artist that would probably be a good vocal match for Carrie is David Nail, and maybe Jimmy Wayne (based on Do You Believe Me Now).
    If Carrie and David Nail ever do a duet together, I think I will have died and gone to heaven. David is by far my favorite male artist - of any genre.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review! Thanks for posting.

Concert Stars
    Man what do Carrie and Brad have to do to get that last 1/2 a star!! This really pisses me off when a reveiwer gives a great reveiw but keeps that last 1/2 star... I bet hes keeping it to use on Mirandas new single so she can get a 5 1/2 star reveiw so she can get nominated for Queen of the World... LMAO.... Yep that would make Blake KOTW... LOL

Ps... Ignore the top half of this post and only read this part where the poster says MAN THAT WAS A GREAT REVEIW(!)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Love reading the reviews for the song!! You are so right on - they are finally understanding the real Carrie!! Love it!!

Concert Stars
    ^^ exactly...do they not know that she had no vocal training...it's all her and she is amazing!

Ace
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    Man what do Carrie and Brad have to do to get that last 1/2 a star!! This really pisses me off when a reveiwer gives a great reveiw but keeps that last 1/2 star... I bet hes keeping it to use on Mirandas new single so she can get a 5 1/2 star reveiw so she can get nominated for Queen of the World... LMAO.... Yep that would make Blake KOTW... LOL

Ps... Ignore the top half of this post and only read this part where the poster says MAN THAT WAS A GREAT REVEIW(!)
    12russ79.....You have a great sense of humour

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That was a great review, and it was really complimentary of Carrie. I love how in every room it talks about how impossible it is to find someone as talented as Carrie

Concert Stars
    Carrie carries the day!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    That was a great review, and it was really complimentary of Carrie. I love how in every room it talks about how impossible it is to find someone as talented as Carrie
    I do to - totally agree - but when its time for the awards noms she evidently is just too good!! (I know, don't start!)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    12russ79.....You have a great sense of humour
    Russ always has a great sense of humor that made me smile all the time. Keep it up Russ.

•