Concert Stars

Ryan Tedder of One Republic Comments on Carrie Underwood! :)

Ryan Tedder confirmed he recently collaborated on 3 songs with Carrie Underwood for her new album, and called her "one of the top three vocalists he has ever worked with!" Awesome compliment as he has worked with the greats of the industry, including Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, and Leona Lewis, many more....

**Credit to Typo at pulse for the find:

Ryan Tedder eyes new OneRepublic song for 2012 | Reuters

He also collaborated on three new songs with Carrie Underwood, whom he calls "one of the top three vocalists I've ever worked with."

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I want song titles!! lol

Concert Stars
    Great compliment!!

Concert Stars
    Me too-- I want song titles!

We do have the song titles from the songs CArrie and Ryan wrote for Play On, somewhere here.... They didn't make the album for whatever reason but I am sure they are good.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    wonder who are the other two - kelly and beyonce? but that's a big compliment and hopefully free advertising for carrie!

Concert Stars
    need titles!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    NEED list of songs and titles---demos would be great too LOL Great compliment to Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfisher View Post
    wonder who are the other two - kelly and beyonce? but that's a big compliment and hopefully free advertising for carrie!
    LOL, I am sure he would not compliment Kelly after their drama. I am thinking Beyonce and Leona Lewis

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I know he worked w/ Adele and complimented her as well, so I think she is one of them.

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    What an amazing compliment. He did work with Adele on her most recent album on two songs: Turning Tables and Rumor Has It - both amazing songs. He also worked with Jennifer Hudson on her most recent album on the song I Remember Me - also an amazing song. Tee mentioned Leona - a few there - Bleeding Love (HUGE hit), Happy. Also Jordin Sparks - Battlefield, I Am Woman. Also of course Beyonce - Halo and produced I Was Here from her new album 4. Adam Lambert, David Cook, James Blunt, Natasha Bedingfield, etc., etc. Obviously as has been pointed out he worked with Kelly but I agree that he probably is trying to forget that. But think about the great voices in music today and you have to include Adele, Leona Lewis, Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce has really come into her own vocally on 4 imho and him including Carrie as part of the top 3 vocalists puts her inside that group. WE all know she is the best but it is a HUGE compliment b/c it is very good company to be in. I'm not advocating that she release a song she has done with him b/c I have not heard any of them, however, I am not as averse to him as some b/c I personally love what he recently did on Adele's album and Jennifer's album and I really like "Happy" which he wrote for Leona.

Concert Stars
    OMG I forgot that he helped write on Adele's album. That puts him up about 20 notches in my book as that album is amazing!

I was never a fan of Battlefield or I am Woman though. Jordin Sparks is good-- but neither of those songs wow'd me. But most of the time, Ryan gets it right.

Concert Stars
    Wow, Incredible! I just hope the songs he did with Carrie are top notch and nothing less Thanks for posting

Concert Stars
    Carrie did say she's loving Adele's music right now. Maybe we'll hear something similar from Carrie?

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Carrie did say she's loving Adele's music right now. Maybe we'll hear something similar from Carrie?
    the funny thing about this is that Adele added some influences from country music and bluegrass in her latest album.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    the funny thing about this is that Adele added some influences from country music and bluegrass in her latest album.
    That's why I love it so much?! Thanks for that info!

Concert Stars
    Great compliment!! Carrie really does have THE voice!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Didn't know Ryan Tedder worked on Adele's "Turning Tables". That song is AMAZING!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Didn't know Ryan Tedder worked on Adele's "Turning Tables". That song is AMAZING!
    lyrically, ryan tedder is really good. its the production on a lot of his songs that sound the same. clearly, with turning tables, there wasnt a problem tho.
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ryan Tedder confirmed he recently collaborated on 3 songs with Carrie Underwood for her new album, and called her "one of the top three vocalists he has ever worked with!" Awesome compliment as he has worked with the greats of the industry, including Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, and Leona Lewis, many more....

**Credit to Typo at pulse for the find:

Ryan Tedder eyes new OneRepublic song for 2012 | Reuters

He also collaborated on three new songs with Carrie Underwood, whom he calls "one of the top three vocalists I've ever worked with."
    That Was A Really Nice Compliment From Him About Our Girl

•