Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Reveals Her Alternative Music Past

Not sure if this is for a new EW interview as it also mentions ABC News radio at the end?

95.5 PLJ - New York Radio - Today's Best Music

Carrie Underwood Reveals Her Alternative Music Past

Carrie Underwood has always been a country fan, but the first album she ever bought wasn't a country CD. A boy she had a crush on in junior high was a fan of alternative music, so Carrie bought alternative band Bush's 1996 album Razorblade Suitcase. She tells Entertainment Weekly, "I found it on the radio and liked it. That started a whole new phase for me."
    Carrie's also a teen pop fan. She was spotted at the New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys concert in Nashville last week.

Image: Rick Diamond/Getty Images
    Provided by ABC News Radio

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    There is nothing wrong in liking all music----Man, I have everything in my collection --------------------------------from Michael Jackson, Elvis, Tony Bennett, Madonna, Kings of Leon, Jason Marz to Garth, Trisha, Vince, Alan Jackson, Dolly, etc....------------------------------and more----------------------------------and CARRIE

Concert Stars
    Yes, me too. Carrie has introduced me to others too, from her play lists to just a mention of them!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Yes, me too. Carrie has introduced me to others too, from her play lists to just a mention of them!
    OMG, me too! That's what I was gonna say! Haha, talk about trying something new because of a crush!

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is in the most recent copy of EW. Just a little blurb that says "My first album."

Concert Stars
    neat to know...cool that she likes all generes!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Someone refresh my mind where that picture was taken - soooooo cute!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Someone refresh my mind where that picture was taken - soooooo cute!
    i think just one of her carnival ride shows. it actually may be a festival tho between the two legs of it... and yeah i agree with everyone. one thing i love about carrie is that she introduces me to new music. i already sort of listened to country before her (my family has always loved it) but i really became obsessed when carrie came along. now its my favorite genre.
    becca T

Junior Carrie Follower

Carrie Underwood Article

Don't know if this has been posted somewhere, but it was really good and she said such sweet things about Mike.
    Carrie Underwood's 'love gone wrong'

I love all different genres of music. Whatever sounds good. And I went to the NKOTBSB show on Saturday and it was so much freaking fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Not my kind of music but seeing how Carrie mentioned her first kiss was w/ a skater boy I can understand why she was into this music at the time...lol. Glad Carrie listens to all kinds of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijXef...eature=related
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 06-27-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    They're a British band, named after Shepherd's Bush, a suburb in the West of London with strong links to the entertainment world.

This is not a million miles from some of the influences on Progressive Alternative Country Music - e.g. the Cowpunk and Psychobilly bands.
    I'm proud that Carrie identifies with Country Music - but I also admire her for recognizing that Country Music is not just one thing. There's always been a two-way exchange of influences, and many of the best artists (from Jimmie Rodgers, through Patsy Cline, to Hank III) have never seen it as a closed loop, with no input from other styles

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That was cool to read lol i just love her life!

•