Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars

He said WHAT?! Review of RM

This ill-informed guy who reviewed RM for the Philadelphia Inquirer must have heard a different song than the rest of us! How could anyone possibly not like this song? I haven't seen any other bad reviews of it! Here is what he said:

"At 15 songs, however, the album could use some paring. "Remind Me" is another duet with Carrie Underwood that's not much better than their previous exercise in sap, "Then."
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am left so confused as to what this guy was thinking writing this . He clearly needs to do his research. To read the full article click on the link and scroll down a bit...
    New Recordings | Philadelphia Inquirer | 05/22/2011

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I guess I will forgo the review since it obviously look to be in error talking about then as a duet at least that is what I am drawing from the intro.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm confused as to what he is referring to. What is "Then" ? Most of the RM reviews have been good.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This person clearly didn't bother to do any research for this review, nor does he seem to be a Brad fan. The review is pretty poorly written actually.
    I wouldn't worry about it...RM is still flying up the charts despite this one negative review lol.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    I'm confused as to what he is referring to. What is "Then" ? Most of the RM reviews have been good.
    It's another Brad song that, despite what this writer says, is not a duet with Carrie lol.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Unbelievable! Everyone's entitled to their opinion, music is a matter of taste, and reviews are often provocative - but that one is missing out on one of the real gems of this year's Country releases.

I'd look the song's impact on three levels:

First, for Carrie Underwood - this song extends her range, by giving her a mature and heartfelt lyric, that many couples in a long term relationship could relate to. Even a doubter should be able to see that this is not a "cookie cutter" song or "young newcomer" production mill number. It's a song that requires real sensitivity and confidence in the artist's own approach to her vocal delivery and ability to empathise with the song's character role. Carrie handles that head and shoulders above her "chart rivals"

Secondly, for Brad Paisley, Carrie gives him a spot-on interpretation, which doesn't swamp his own lead delivery, but adds considerably to the emotion and interest of the album. I'm surprised the reviewer doesn't see this as one of the highlights (most certainly have)

Thirdly, for the songs place among other current releases. No question in my mind that it's a genuine standout - I really think we're looking at a possible Grammy for Country Collaboration. That critic may yet eat his words.

(Incidently - you say "ill-informed". He refers to a "Bluegrass spin" being put on "Life's Railway To Heaven" as if that's something new - but doesn't seem to know that it's a standby in the repertoire - there are versions in other genres, but it has been Mountain Music from the start, It was written in the 1920s by one of the Yellowhammers, and the definitive version is probably by Pop Stoneman
    Last edited by Farawayhills; 06-26-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I look at the simple fact he thinks Carrie dueted with Brad on "Then" to discount everything he has to say.
    PI needs to hire better people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Its fine to give a song a bad reveiw after all its just an opinion from someone obviously biased.... But when critics get the facts completly wrong then thats incompetence and renders the opinion meaninless.... When your product is just words and you cant even get the facts right then i believe you should be at least reprimanded and at the most fired and when it comes to us we should just ignore this person(!)

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    WOW is all I can say to this one. Do your research dude - it's not that hard.

Concert Stars
    I certainly won't click the link and give them a hit, thank you. I know how I feel about the song.

I think it's better than Carrie and Brad's last duet, Start a Band.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    WOW is all I can say to this one. Do your research dude - it's not that hard.
    The lack of research on some of these so-called articles and reviews nowadays still amazes me. And what amazes me more is they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    Agree, Carrie's guitar skill on Start a Band was so mediocre! lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    AGREED!

Concert Stars
    Oh Carrie and Brad had a duet called "Then"? Wow, I didn't know that! I want to hear it Some writers are so dumb, clueless. What happened to researching in journalism anymore?
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 06-26-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Concert Stars
    Lol funny that he didn't even get the Nfld of their old duet right. It's called oh love not then. Lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie must have sang really, really, really, really softly on "Then" because I have heard that song countless time and I swear that I didn't hear her sing on it.

It's amazing the schmucks that get jobs at newspapers, if he hated the song that is cool but at least have the sense not to compare it to a duet that doesn't exist.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Um....No. Words.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Um....No. Words.
    How about dumb, stupid, uninformed. lol

An article where the writer can't even get his simple (and easy to check) facts straight isn't even worth getting upset over.

Concert Stars
    the good ole' "Ink Wire" has blown it again!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast