Concert Stars

Leader Telegram: Carrie Underwood Delivers at Country Fest :)

Really nice review from last night's country fest in Wisconsin!

LeaderTelegram: News Update Underwood delivers at Country Fest - CADOTT - The cool, damp night didn't stand a chance against Carrie ... Underwood delivers at Country Fest - Leader-Telegram:

Underwood delivers at Country Fest - Leader-Telegram:

Underwood delivers at Country Fest

ShareShare Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size
    Dan Reiland
    Underwood

Carrie Underwood

Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 8:08 am | Updated: 9:15 am, Sun Jun 26, 2011.
    Underwood delivers at Country Fest By Alyssa Waters Special to the Leader-Telegram Leader-Telegram | 0 comments
    CADOTT - The cool, damp night didn't stand a chance against Carrie Underwood's red-hot performance at the 25th Country Fest in rural Cadott Saturday night.

From the first deafening boom of a bass drum, the crowd cheered wildly waiting for Underwood to appear.
    She delivered immediately with "Cowboy Casanova," off of her 2009 album Play On.

Her metallic tank top glistened under the bright lights. She traversed the stage in black high-heel boots. But her clothing played second fiddle to her monstrous voice. Underwood's vocals were spot on and gave chills at times.

-----------------------continued at site---------------------

Carrie Guru
    Good review !

Nice! Love her outfit!

Concert Stars
    Great review!! I'm just sorry she had to go on so late!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Good review. Those people need to see Carrie in full concert. They would be floored. I read an article that Miranda lacked creativity and some of the fans left early on. They said her band and her vocals were ok but song choice/delivery not so good---fans were not that receptive to Pistol Annies it seems.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't care who is playing, if you are last and that late at night, a lot of the audience will leave early after a few songs. Shoot I have left early in several of my favorite acts at the CMAs w/ the only exception being Carrie, lol. Pistol Annies 1st single on Itunes this Monday, so we will see how they sell.

Concert Stars
    I am so glad the rest of the crowd loved Carrie and they were not all like those 2 haters last night. lol

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I guess they were right about Quitter tho, w/ not too much applause afterwards. I think Quitter might have been a better album/radio song if given a chance than concert song since in her tour it never seem as a fan favorite. However IKYW and Wasted have always seem to be favorites before. I do hope she goes back and throw in a rock song in her next tour.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is just amazing in person at a concert. You have no idea how great her voice is until you see her in person live at a concert.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I guess they were right about Quitter tho, w/ not too much applause afterwards. I think Quitter might have been a better album/radio song if given a chance than concert song since in her tour it never seem as a fan favorite. However IKYW and Wasted have always seem to be favorites before. I do hope she goes back and throw in a rock song in her next tour.
    Did Carrie not do Walk This Way - Paradise City last night? Everyone seems to love her rock songs and I know I do.

Concert Stars
    I liked Quitter live It actually was one of my favorites at her concerts. Carrie has been touring all year non stop (more than most of her country counterparts) and for more than a 100 cities so for Carrie to do that that has to be taxing to one's vocals especially the type of songs Carrie sings. The fact she can still sing like she does non stop for 5 years is amazing. Now that Carrie is married. She will probably have more down time and more of a personal life. I think she will slow things down a bit and not tour as much like in the past but tour bigger venues and keep making music. Can't wait to see what she comes out w/ for the next album.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 06-26-2011 at 10:26 AM.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I did not see last night's set list but I meant in her next tour, particularly.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    Good review. Those people need to see Carrie in full concert. They would be floored. I read an article that Miranda lacked creativity and some of the fans left early on. They said her band and her vocals were ok but song choice/delivery not so good---fans were not that receptive to Pistol Annies it seems.
    Would you mind posting a link to this article? Thanks!

ETA: Never mind found it!

Concert Stars
    Yeah. Miranda's review wasn't all great either. Overall I would say this review is good. I'm just glad there aren't any smirky or mean reviews like we used to get w/ some reviews in the past who you could just downright tell hated Carrie on a personal level....lol. So for me, I'm happy w/ this review The title of this review says it all.......Carrie delivers.....so that is all that is important So for me, that is a step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Nice! Love her outfit!
    She is a rockstar

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    best songs to sing at these fests would be the obvious choice like Before He Cheats, Wasted, All American Girl which are all big favorites among fans.

I can see why Carrie chose other less popular songs though. probably wanted to change it up and give something new to audience

Concert Stars
    awesome review! and she looked great!

Carrie Guru
    When I first saw the festival line up I was surprised that Carrie was on so late. Are the last acts always on that late?

I remember last year at the CMA fest this little girl stayed up to see Carrie and when Carrie finally came on they stayed for a couple of songs and then her mom took her home before she fell asleep.

•