Ultimate Carrie Fan

OFFSTAGE: Did Eminem Inspire Brad Paisley? (small Carrie mention)

CMT News
    OFFSTAGE: Did Eminem Inspire Brad Paisley?
    June 23, 2011; Written by Alison Bonaguro

The power of a female voice. Brad Paisley knows all about it now that he has a song -- "Remind Me" -- that so beautifully showcases the potent pipes of Carrie Underwood. (Although it's not the first time he's hooked up with a female singer. He'd done so before with his "Whiskey Lullaby" duet seven years ago with Alison Krauss.) But in a recent radio interview, Paisley said he was influenced this time by other genres. "People like Eminem, Kanye, Jay-Z and people will do stuff that incorporate a female singing some lyrics, where they sing this part that's sort of from the woman's perspective," Paisley said. "And I thought that's an untapped thing that we need to try a little more of in this format, I think, which is an actual duet written to be that, that doesn't work any other way." I don't care where Paisley got the idea. I'm just happy he got it, because this song is one of his best ever.

Link: CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Did Eminem Inspire Brad Paisley?

Concert Stars
    Wow, what an amazing compliment.
    "One of his best ever..."

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I am really amazed of Alison this time because she really gave Carrie a great compliment. She is sure getting warm towards Carrie these days; she probably slowly realizing how talented and great artist Carrie is.

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    I am really amazed of Alison this time because she really gave Carrie a great compliment. She is sure getting warm towards Carrie these days; she probably slowly realizing how talented and great artist Carrie is.
    she has been warm towards Carrie for a long long time. still waiting for someone to tell me how alison was against carrie before...

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    she has been warm towards Carrie for a long long time. still waiting for someone to tell me how alison was against carrie before...
    I wouldnt say for a long long time. Probably few months or less than a year. Her write ups about Carrie in the past had some subtle sarcasm. But I think she is changing her tune ang getting warmer towards Carrie. Maybe it's just me who noticed it but I definitely felt it. And I dont imply that Alison is mean to Carrie. She has a favourite.

Concert Stars
    ^^^Yeah TS. But that is okay. Just glad that Alison likes Carrie more now and has been saying good things about her for the past year.

Concert Stars
    nice little Carrie mention!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    CMT News
    OFFSTAGE: Did Eminem Inspire Brad Paisley?
    June 23, 2011; Written by Alison Bonaguro

The power of a female voice. Brad Paisley knows all about it now that he has a song -- "Remind Me" -- that so beautifully showcases the potent pipes of Carrie Underwood. (Although it's not the first time he's hooked up with a female singer. He'd done so before with his "Whiskey Lullaby" duet seven years ago with Alison Krauss.) But in a recent radio interview, Paisley said he was influenced this time by other genres. "People like Eminem, Kanye, Jay-Z and people will do stuff that incorporate a female singing some lyrics, where they sing this part that's sort of from the woman's perspective," Paisley said. "And I thought that's an untapped thing that we need to try a little more of in this format, I think, which is an actual duet written to be that, that doesn't work any other way." I don't care where Paisley got the idea. I'm just happy he got it, because this song is one of his best ever.

Link: CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Did Eminem Inspire Brad Paisley?
    And who can ever forget his song 'When I get Where I'm Going' with Dolly!!! Beautiful! If you wnat to hear it again...listen below!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That was a really nice article, think its so cool how country songs like rm can be inspired by rappers

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ANd don't forget about "Oh Love". STILL love that song!

•