Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Hello, Dolly Parton! (AMAZING Carrie Mention!)

http://www.thestar.com/article/1014143--hello-dolly

DOLLY PARTON’S FIVE FAVE SINGING PARTNERS

PORTER WAGONER — He was my teacher, he was my friend. From him, I learned about being honest inside, no matter how many rhinestones you were wearing on your clothes.

LINDA RONSTADT — She and I were different kinds of ladies who made a different kind of music, but when we went on stage together, something kinda magic happened. I can’t explain it.

WILLIE NELSON — He’s a good ol’ boy and I’m a bad ol’ girl, so we get along just fine. You don’t really sing with Willie you get up there on stage and let the songs happen to you.

KENNY ROGERS — The two of us just work so well together, like a BBQ sauce with honey and mustard in it. I just love the way we sounded on “Islands in the Stream”.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD — She’s the real thing, another country gal like me who sings from the heart. I loved working with her and I love listening to her.
    This is such an amazing honor!

ohhh yes! Maybe Dolly is planning to sing a duet with Carrie someday

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    All I can say is "wow". I hope Carrie sees this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's so awesome! Love Dolly! It's got to be crazy for Carrie to read that one of her Idols has so much respect for her that she would name her in the top 5 people she's sung with.

WOAH. What an honor!

Wow! That is some pretty amazing company Carrie is in. Such nice comments from Dolly. I too hope Carrie sees this, this would make her so happy. Has it been posted on the FC?

Edit: I didn't see it posted on the FC, so I posted it.

I love that some country artists receive praises from their fellow country artists...

But Carrie receives praises from Country legends!!! =)) how cool is that?!

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    all i can say is "wow". I hope carrie sees this.

Ditto!!!

Concert Stars
    Dolly pulls no punches.... When she says something like this it means something.... Let all the critics read this and weep...... If i have a tear in my eye reading this compliment by Dolly about Carrie can you imagine the WATERWORKS when Carrie reads this? All i can add is WOW... Dolly gets it!!!! YES!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    She's a real lady, a great personality - and, more importantly, one of the most perceptive judges of the scene. Her experience of this genre and what it should mean is unparalleled.

It's not the first time I've seen Carrie put in the same company as Linda Ronstadt (now virtually retired, through health problems, but a great friend of Dolly's) All branches of Country Music have their favourites - but Ronstadt has the rare distinction of being admired by almost every serous artist right across the different branches.

This tribute from Dolly even outranks, for me, the love Ann and Nancy Wilson have shown Carrie

You don't know how happy that post makes me!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ummmm, how did i miss Carrie singing with Dolly? when the hell did this happen!?
    becca T

EDIT: durrrr nvm haha

Concert Stars
    From one true great, to compliment Carrie like means that she really hears and understands what Carrie has to offer.
    It is an honor when artists like this compliment Carrie. Michael Jackson/Dolly Parton/Garth Brooks/Tony Bennet/Randy Travis.
    I don't know how you do better than that.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    ummmm, how did i miss Carrie singing with Dolly? when the hell did this happen!?
    becca T

EDIT: durrrr nvm haha
    Ha Ha, Christmas Special. I Will Always Love You!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I've often wondered how Dolly felt about Carrie - especially beings Carrie had her on her holiday special. Never read where she (Dolly) had voiced an opinion about what she thought of Carrie or her talents so this was really really great to read. I've a lot of admiration for Dolly, and particularly her writing abilities. Sure it will make Carrie feel really good when she reads this. Beings the voting has been so crazy for the awards nominations, its got to make her feel really good to have the great Dolly backing her!!

Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    That is a fantastic honour for Carrie.

Linda Rondstadt,before Carrie my all time favorite female singer.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I've often wondered how Dolly felt about Carrie - especially beings Carrie had her on her holiday special. Never read where she (Dolly) had voiced an opinion about what she thought of Carrie or her talents so this was really really great to read. I've a lot of admiration for Dolly, and particularly her writing abilities. Sure it will make Carrie feel really good when she reads this. Beings the voting has been so crazy for the awards nominations, its got to make her feel really good to have the great Dolly backing her!!
    Ive always wondered, does your sn refer to Dolly Parton?
    becca T

Concert Stars
    OMGGGGGG I'm over 2000 posts!!! how the hell did i not notice earlier!?! haha!
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Man, that is really a great compliment coming from Dolly. Dolly has been in the business over 50 years and in all the 50 years Carrie is in the TOP 5 of artists that Dolly loves to sing with. (Just imagine how many artists that has been in Dolly's life) WOW!!!!!!! I sure hope Carrie sees that. It will wipe away some of the smut she has had to deal with the last 2 years in country music---awards, etc.. If you watch the duet I Will Always Love You on Carrie's Holiday Special---you will see Carrie looking at Dolly with Awe, Love and respect. Man, to know that Dolly is giving it back is awesome------------------

Concert Stars
    Wow!!! What a great honor! This is almost better then an award for Carrie.

Concert Stars
    huge compliment for Carrie!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast