Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood on life and love (from The Telegraph)

Carrie Underwood on life and love

* Alice Wasley
    * June 05, 2011 1:00AM

CARRIE Underwood talks to Alice Wasley on wanting to be the very best in her field.

>> I was a dirty child who was always outside.

I grew up in a small country town [Checotah, Oklahoma]. There wasn’t much to do inside, so I’d climb the trees and play in the ditches and ponds.

>> I’ve always loved singing, but you don’t grow up thinking that’s a career choice.

For a while, I wanted to be a vet, but somehow I knew I wouldn’t be able to deal with animals dying all day.

>> In 2005, I won American Idol – the biggest TV show of my generation.

Becoming a member of the Grand Ole Opry [the longest continuously running radio show in the US] was another highlight, as was singing with Steven Tyler – that was awesome. I’ve also travelled all over the US and Canada.

>> I used to be the sort of person who was too scared to try.

That fear of being told no, or not winning, kept me on the sidelines, whether it was in sports, singing or at school. The Idol experience taught me a lot about myself. I was scared out of my wits when I auditioned – but for some reason, I did it anyway, and it paid off. “You never know unless you try” is my motto now.

>> On stage, you can play a larger than life character.

It’s you, but times 100. You can be confident. I consider myself a shy person but, onstage, I can be loud.

>> People laugh at your jokes.

Even if they’re not funny, when you’re on stage, people laugh at them. When I finish touring, I crack jokes left and right, and everyone looks at me as if I’m crazy.

>> I constantly feel I have to prove myself.

When you stop doing that is when you stop caring. I want to do my best; I want people to get their money’s worth when they buy my albums or go to my concerts. I hope to keep proving myself, but it is nice when you can sit back and think, this is what I do and it’s not going to end tomorrow. You can have fun with it and enjoy it a bit more.

Link: Carrie Underwood on life and love | thetelegraph.com.au

Ahhhh that's interesting she said that about the Vet, feel I haven't read her say that before, about not being able to handle animals dieing all the time...exact same reason i choose not to go down that path :/ and the fact I would personally have to put them down, I could never live with it...

Nice interview but

Same reason I could never be a vet. Plus, I really need to take Carrie's advice about the "you never know unless you try" thing. I always tell myself that, but I've totally always been the person who's too afraid to try. Another reason Carrie is my inspiration! <3

Concert Stars
    >> People laugh at your jokes.

Even if they’re not funny, when you’re on stage, people laugh at them. When I finish touring, I crack jokes left and right, and everyone looks at me as if I’m crazy.

We also cheer and clap for everything she says. At the FCP, she was like, "And I'll have some surprise guests at the Opry tonight!" and we got all excited and cheered. Then she said, "You guys don't even know who they are!" And we cracked up! xD

Concert Stars
    awesome article!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post

We also cheer and clap for everything she says. At the FCP, she was like, "And I'll have some surprise guests at the Opry tonight!" and we got all excited and cheered. Then she said, "You guys don't even know who they are!" And we cracked up! xD
    since your the other sick mind on this site, did it make you pause for a second when she goes "i was a dirty child"? i hadnt reached the end of the sentence yet and i was like "wait, what!?!" LOL
    becca T

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I feel like we are learning so much more about the real Carrie now days - love her being out of the country - getting more interviews, new pictures - lots more news - been awesome!!

Concert Stars
    I've heard her say many times that she was a tom-boy! Always outside, climbing trees and playing in the dirt!! LOL!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    since your the other sick mind on this site, did it make you pause for a second when she goes "i was a dirty child"? i hadnt reached the end of the sentence yet and i was like "wait, what!?!" LOL
    becca T
    Psh, Becca, that's nothing! At the FCP she straight up said she never wore clothes when she was little!

She was like, "I remember when I was little this neighborhood boy, who was a few years older than me, asked me why I never wore clothes. So I went inside and I said, 'Mommy, (I think it was Robert) wants to know why I don't where clothes.'" xD

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Psh, Becca, that's nothing! At the FCP she straight up said she never wore clothes when she was little!

She was like, "I remember when I was little this neighborhood boy, who was a few years older than me, asked me why I never wore clothes. So I went inside and I said, 'Mommy, (I think it was Robert) wants to know why I don't where clothes.'" xD
    omg thats ****ing hilarious hahaha
    becca T

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    omg thats ****ing hilarious hahaha
    becca T
    No, what's hilarious is what Carol replied: "Honey, you just go out there and tell him that you don't like wearing clothes." Carrie -- "So I marched right back outside with my little hands on my hips and I walked up to Robert and said, 'Mommy said I don't like wearing clothes.'"

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    No, what's hilarious is what Carol replied: "Honey, you just go out there and tell him that you don't like wearing clothes." Carrie -- "So I marched right back outside with my little hands on my hips and I walked up to Robert and said, 'Mommy said I don't like wearing clothes.'"
    Oh my.... that is hilarious. I could just imagined the scene. Too funny. LOL. I would like to hear more of Carrie's little childhood stories.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love the fact we are hearing more about the real real Carrie now! She knows what she wants in life and admire her, and other ppl, for that so much!

Interesting to hear her talk about the performing and stage presence, the person who she really is, is reflected on stage but louder and she has the confidence - I absolutely adore that she knows how to play to people on stage and give them everything she's got! Digging down deep really pays off!

•