Ultimate Carrie Fan

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, ‘Remind Me’ – Lyrics Uncovered

By: Billy Dukes
    Date: June 13, 2011

When dreaming up ‘Remind Me,’ Brad Paisley hoped to do a true duet instead of an ordinary guest appearance. The difference is subtle, yet important. “Usually, duets are more like appearances for someone who takes a second verse, or whatever,” Paisley tells Taste of Country. “But to have a song where the woman right away, in that first chorus, takes a few lines and sings the main hook of the song to the man … we were writing that with that in mind. It felt like it could be really powerful that way.”

“Been so long that you’d forget / The way I used to kiss your neck,” Paisley sings in lyrics of the first chorus before Carrie Underwood responds with “Remind me / Remind me.” When it came to choosing a partner for the ballad, Paisley says he really only considered Underwood. “We just sort of share the same values and get along that well,” he explains. “And also, I just don’t think there’s a better singer than her, so it’s sort of selfish to be able to sing with her and perform.”

Beginning with the song’s second verse, the two begin trading lyrics back and forth: “[Underwood] Remember the airport dropping me off / We were kissing goodbye and we couldn’t stop / [Paisley] I felt bad ’cause you missed your flight / [Both] But that meant we had one more night.” “I just thought it was such a cool thing to hear a couple have a conversation musically that way,” Paisley says about the song’s concept.

Throughout the remainder of the song it’s one superstar then the other, then both together. Their passion reaches a fever pitch that only most fuddy-duddylicious of married couples can ignore. ‘Remind Me’ will no doubt become a song that has divorce lawyers boycotting Paisley concerts this summer, as the song is likely to rekindle smoldering marital flames.

Link: Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, ‘Remind Me’ – Lyrics Uncovered - Taste of Country

Concert Stars
    great article thanks!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Love this review of the song and lyrics! Spot on! And that section that so many feel is overdone was stated perfectly - it's a "fever pitch". I love the song more every time I listen to it.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Love this review of the song and lyrics! Spot on! And that section that so many feel is overdone was stated perfectly - it's a "fever pitch". I love the song more every time I listen to it.
    yea i there is DEFINITELY a reason the song gets as strong as it does towards the end. the passion is dead in their marriage in the beginning, and by the end, they are literally hanging on for dear life trying to do everything they can to get that spark back.
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love the article, and i loved how they noted its like a musical conversation, I think that makes it a lot more special than just a guest appearance

I don't know how anyone can have any problem at all with this song. It's brilliant. I love it! It's perfect in my eyes. Two superstars, the best at what they do, doing the best that they can do. I cannot WAIT to see this LIVE!

•