Carrie Underwood: Playing to win in Oz

Carrie Underwood: Playing to win in Oz - Artists - The Music Network

Carrie Underwood has done almost everything there is to do in the musical world at the tender age of 28 - except break Australia. This oversight is set to change with the repackaging and relaunch of her 2009 album Play On. The release is coupled with a promotional tour, which will see Underwood perform the track Undo It on Dancing With The Stars this Saturday (June 12), a move which should lead her integration into radio playlists.

With an American Idol victory under her belt, and a cool 20 million record sales, it’s an understatement to suggest Underwood is merely a proven success with the public. Still, she remains ever humble, and charmingly hesitant when talking about her success.

“You know whenever they announce me saying ‘Carrie Underwood, five time Grammy award winner, this many awards and what not’, those stats are really fun, but you know at the end of the day I remember the songs I do, not the amount of awards in my cabinet. They are a lot of fun, but just being able to make music, that’s the real reward.”

More here:

Carrie Underwood: Playing to win in Oz - Artists - The Music Network

Concert Stars
    This is getting exciting! Can't wait to see if she goes to other countries after Australia!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Carrie is just so sweet. I love her comments!

Concert Stars
    The reason why I love Carrie. She is humble and just like making music

Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I hope we'll get videos from her DWTS appearance. I know we have some Australian fans here so I hope ya'll come through
    We will make sure you can see them.I understand all the vids are posted on You tube.

Concert Stars
    cant wait to see her in Aussie!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I cant wait to see her performance! And to hear how the whole tour goes and everything, I hope she becomes integrated into Australian music that'd be amazing! She's so sweet! Just reading her comments make me smile because shes so nice and sweet and humble

•