Concert Stars

With Fisher Trade, Predators Gain Loyal New Fans from Team Carrie

awesome article about the power of us Carrie fans supporting Mike Fisher & the Preds. lol

With Fisher Trade, Predators Gain Loyal New Fans From "Team Carrie" - On the Forecheck

QUOTE:

It seemed like a pretty safe bet--the Predators had been filling ~95% of the arena, before the trade. I didn't expect that 5% of remaining tickets to suddenly be bought up by Carrie Underwood fans. And even if a few people did go to a Predators game to catch a glimpse of Underwood, cheering from her luxury box, what were the chances I'd get called out on my claim? It took about two hours for Jill in Texas to send me this message on Twitter: "I saw her & got great pics. otherwise I wouldnt have been there. Team Carrie: We support."

-----------------continued--------------

"When the rumors started swirling around that Carrie was dating Mike Fisher, as a protective fan, I was very curious as to who this guy was. So I did what we all do. I googled him," says Camile Rivera-Garcia, 25, a huge Underwood fan in Raleigh, NC.

"After learning what a great guy he was, I made a forum on the [Carried Underwood] fan club page exclusively about all things Mike Fisher, and posted information about him and urged everyone to learn a little bit more about him."

Unlike hockey fans, however, concerned with the yes/no of whether a player helps the team, Underwood's fans researched Fisher with the meticulousness of an FBI background search and the good-natured concern of parents on prom night. In the pantheon of hockey metaphors, these devotees were closer to scouts than fans, judging whether Fisher was a fit not for Ottawa or Nashville, but for "Team Carrie," as Jill in Texas so eloquently tweeted.

---------------more at link-----------------

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I would like to see a hockey match one day. Never have. I bet the fights are terrible!

just another fan

"loyal" is a relative word. if for some reason nashville decides to trade Fisher i can promise all the fisherwood fans will be no more for nashville. how many of you guys know what's happening to the sens now? lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I agree! If Mike ever gets traded, Carrie fans will go where he goes.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie fans are loyal to Carrie. lol She supports her husband and the preds so we do too. I have to say I'm one the Carrie fans who started following that blogger on twitter. I still follow the sens twitters as well and keep up on what is happening with that team. That statement about Carrie fans researching Mike like the FBI is SO true. I have a feeling that everybody mentioned in that blog is a member of CF. I know a few of those people actually. lol

Concert Stars
    Jill in Texas is a FC member, and CF member. At least he thinks we're cool. I read that other blog he talks about, and it wasn't very complimentary! Glad we changed his mind!! Go Preds!LOL!!

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    "loyal" is a relative word. if for some reason nashville decides to trade Fisher i can promise all the fisherwood fans will be no more for nashville. how many of you guys know what's happening to the sens now? lol
    I DO!!! hahaha

Concert Stars
    Hahaha at the Carrie superfan part. Yep we are definitely all Carrie superfans here

Carrie Guru
    Wow, he's really done his research. He's one of the few that has bothered to find out what we are really about and he even treats us with respect. I wonder if he knows that we watch the game together on here. I guess the only thing he's left out is that some of the Carriefans who follow the Preds still don't understand the game. lol!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Wow, he's really done his research. He's one of the few that has bothered to find out what we are really about and he even treats us with respect. I wonder if he knows that we watch the game together on here. I guess the only thing he's left out is that some of the Carriefans who follow the Preds still don't understand the game. lol!
    Funny, but true lol!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I am an avid football/basketball/baseball fan. Throw in some Nascar and I am happy----until Carrie got involved with Mike. Now I am following the Preds---before that--the Sens. Go figure----I am a LOYAL Carrie fan. By the way I checked him out too---gotta watch out for our girl. LOL

Concert Stars
    I definitely googled Mike the first day I heard they were dating. lol

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I definitely googled Mike the first day I heard they were dating. lol
    he had to pass our test too. i think he's the only guy that almost 100% of the fans agreed was good for her, unlike the previous ones. lol

Junior Carrie Follower Texasstarfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Jill in Texas is a FC member, and CF member. At least he thinks we're cool. I read that other blog he talks about, and it wasn't very complimentary! Glad we changed his mind!! Go Preds!LOL!!
    The very day that he got traded to Nashville I had two tickets to the Dallas/Preds game in my hand with a parking pass!!! Then I was able to go to Nashville in March to be in the audience of CMT NextSuper Star. I saw the Preds/Kings game and took my big catfish. I was on the jumbotron like 5 times and Carrie w/ the whole family there for springbreak saw me on the moniter. It was so fun that I cant ever describe it. Drove 10 hrs there and back for that in roughly two days.

Junior Carrie Follower Texasstarfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Carrie fans are loyal to Carrie. lol She supports her husband and the preds so we do too. I have to say I'm one the Carrie fans who started following that blogger on twitter. I still follow the sens twitters as well and keep up on what is happening with that team. That statement about Carrie fans researching Mike like the FBI is SO true. I have a feeling that everybody mentioned in that blog is a member of CF. I know a few of those people actually. lol

I too still love the Predators! As you can tell from my screen name, I am a Stars fan too & darn it Sensdew19 on twitter got me hooked on the Oilers too. But point is Im following the selection of the new Coach. My favs that got traded like Chris Kelley to Bruins just like when Stars Mike Modano went to the Red Devils you follow. I love Sens Jason Spezza, Chris Neil, Erik Karlsson, Chris Phillips and the legend Alfie!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasstarfan View Post
    The very day that he got traded to Nashville I had two tickets to the Dallas/Preds game in my hand with a parking pass!!! Then I was able to go to Nashville in March to be in the audience of CMT NextSuper Star. I saw the Preds/Kings game and took my big catfish. I was on the jumbotron like 5 times and Carrie w/ the whole family there for springbreak saw me on the moniter. It was so fun that I cant ever describe it. Drove 10 hrs there and back for that in roughly two days.
    Wow you are one dedicated Carrie fan

Concert Stars
    love this article!! So so true!!

•