Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Carrie Underwood On Country Music, Her Fans & Giving Out Advice

CARRIE UNDERWOOD ON COUNTRY MUSIC, HER FANS & GIVING OUT ADVICE

Unless you were hiding under a rock you know that Country Music received a special spotlight on American Idol this past week. In a music world that’s filled with names like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Black Eyed Peas, and Beyonce, it was interesting to see so much of America rally behind Scotty and Lauren and fully embrace Country Music. We caught up with the genre’s sweetheart Carrie Underwood and asked her what she thought it was about Country music that seemed to be capturing America’s heart, and what makes Country fans so special. Take a look:

Click Here For Video

Source: CARRIE UNDERWOOD ON COUNTRY MUSIC, HER FANS & GIVING OUT ADVICE « Fox All Access

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is so right "You have to go through it yourself" when asked about what advice she would give Scotty and Lauren.
    Cary thanks for posting this good Carrie interview.

Concert Stars
    ^^ yeah agreed!

Concert Stars
    She is soooo wise!! Thanks Cary!!

Concert Stars
    Nice interview.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    She is so comfortable in interviews now - remember how shy she use to be?? Love her!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    She is really enjoying and having fun on interviews now. Amazing growth and wonderful for us fans to see it.

Concert Stars
    t4p

Concert Stars
    Lauren & Scotty are lucky to have someone like Carrie in their lives. Carrie is just amazing! Thanks for posting Cary

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    How come I feel like Carrie was referring to Lady GaGa when she said country singers "aren't doing anything weird for attention"?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyLovesCarrie View Post
    How come I feel like Carrie was referring to Lady GaGa when she said country singers "aren't doing anything weird for attention"?
    Because Lady Gaga impulsively does weird things for attention... lmao. It's true though. Country singers get to where they are on pure talent only... In other genres you just need to look good or attract a lot of attention in some ways... like wearing an egg costume the Grammys, or jumping off a legitimate cliff at a performance... Although Gaga is talented, the notoriety she has is based purely on the fact that she dresses obnoxiously. In Country music, you need to have at least a half way decent singing voice... Songwriting and looks are bonuses....

We just happen to have the full package with Carrie

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieidol1 View Post
    Because Lady Gaga impulsively does weird things for attention... lmao. It's true though. Country singers get to where they are on pure talent only... In other genres you just need to look good or attract a lot of attention in some ways... like wearing an egg costume the Grammys, or jumping off a legitimate cliff at a performance... Although Gaga is talented, the notoriety she has is based purely on the fact that she dresses obnoxiously. In Country music, you need to have at least a half way decent singing voice... Songwriting and looks are bonuses....

We just happen to have the full package with Carrie
    I definitely agree that GaGa does weird crap for attention, so I totally agree with Carrie (whether she was referring to GaGa or not). But I do think GaGa has a decent singing voice lol. I do give her credit for being a good songwriter, and she is very creative. But some of the things she does for attention can get very annoying. I think that's why I love Carrie and other country singers so much. They're just normal, simple people with talent.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    she is so supportive of future idols, it's so sweet. makes me love her even more.

•