Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina: Nashville Prospects (Carrie mention)

Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina: Nashville Prospects

With Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina still holding strong at #1 and #4 respectively at Itunes, our attention turns to what’s next for these two country kids. Where will they be headed next, who will they be working with, what kind of reception can they expect in different parts of the country world? Follow our discussion which includes label talk, what producer was brought in for Scotty’s debut single, the writers of “I Love You This Big”, the name and story behind the other song Scotty has already recorded, and information about who’s been involved looking for songs for Scotty and Lauren. It’s all after the jump. WARNING: This post is THIS BIG
    The blog tackled record label, writers and producers who will be involved in their albums, and the possible reaction of the people from the country genre on their albums. Here is the Carrie mention:

Based on Season 4 the answer is probably not. We know the story with Carrie Underwood: RCA Music Group wouldn’t give up a cash cow so she signed with Arista New York, fought to do country, performed at CMA Fest, got signed to Arista Nashville, debut album was split 50-50 between country and pop, Sony Nashville head Joe Galante executive produced the country half, Mark Bright produced the country half, Dann Huff produced the pop half. They tried split singles, Carrie only promoted to country, that’s what stuck, Carrie had a huge fight with Arista New York when they wanted to remix Before He Cheats, she won, she renegotiated so she’s now signed with 19 and Arista Nashville.
    Established and up and coming artists in the country world have been more supportive. After surprising Scotty at his Idol homecoming concert, Josh Turner tweeted his congratulations to Scotty. The Band Perry and Martina McBride both tweeted to compliment Lauren on her performances of songs they performed and cowrote. Thompson Square tweeted a compliment to Scotty for their cover of their hit. Jewel worries about Scotty and Lauren being able to find their own niches but still sees them as “valuable” to the country genre. Carrie has obviously been supportive of both.
    Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina: Nashville Prospects | mjsbigblog

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    There are so many things in that article that I love the sound of. Namely the CMA Fest appearances. PERFECT place for them to go. And signing them to Mercury? Are they for real? NICE!

Interesting article...thanks for posting...

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    There are so many things in that article that I love the sound of. Namely the CMA Fest appearances. PERFECT place for them to go. And signing them to Mercury? Are they for real? NICE!
    Well according the article they are signed to Interscope (a pop label) and then subcontracted to Mercury Nashville. As the article points out, this is very similar to the situation with Carrie where she was signed to Arista NY and then subcontracted to Arista Nashville. The question is how much will Interscope repect Scotty and Lauren's wishes to concentrate on country. When Carrie's battle with Arista NY over BHC happened, Joe Galante backed Carrie which was probably a large reason why BHC never got remixed. If a similar situation occurs with Scotty or Lauren, I wonder if they will have someone at Mercury Nashville that will be willing to fight for them in the same way.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Well according the article they are signed to Interscope (a pop label) and then subcontracted to Mercury Nashville. As the article points out, this is very similar to the situation with Carrie where she was signed to Arista NY and then subcontracted to Arista Nashville. The question is how much will Interscope repect Scotty and Lauren's wishes to concentrate on country. When Carrie's battle with Arista NY over BHC happened, Joe Galante backed Carrie which was probably a large reason why BHC never got remixed. If a similar situation occurs with Scotty or Lauren, I wonder if they will have someone at Mercury Nashville that will be willing to fight for them in the same way.
    Yeah, I know they're mainly with Interscope. Guess the prospect of them being sub-label mates with a certain duo got the best of me, haha. And Luke Lewis is CEO of Mercury - so I would hope he would want to back them up.

I am forever grateful that Before He Cheats was not remixed.

It would certianly be interesting what how they would handle Lauren and Scotty.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think that this is a strong chance for idol to get some credibility back if Jimmy allows Nashville writers to do some magic with the songwriting.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    plus, carrie was even older so she was sure of herself. these two are so young that they may be willing to listen to anybody when it comes to success. itll be interesting to see.
    becca T

I hope they have someone like Joe Galante to back them up and support them the way he supported Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    plus, carrie was even older so she was sure of herself. these two are so young that they may be willing to listen to anybody when it comes to success. itll be interesting to see.
    becca T
    That's a really good point.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I am forever grateful that Before He Cheats was not remixed.

It would certianly be interesting what how they would handle Lauren and Scotty.
    So, we can always say that Carrie Underwood was truly crossed over to pop !!

Huge Carrie Follower
    LOL, when I started following Carrie career, at first I thought Cary & Windmills are the same person. Both are very knowledgeable in country music. Turn out they are he & she.
    Windmills, the one who wrote this article, is well known as Carrie fan in MJ blog, but much prefer her singing traditional country music. She has also shown dislike of some contestants going country when they are truly not.
    Cary, what is your take on Carrie as country artist as a whole? Do you agree with Windmills that Carrie should now stick to authentic country music as she has nothing to proof anymore?

Concert Stars
    great article!!

Speaking of Joe Galante, I'm curious if his departure will make it more difficult for Carrie to continue fighting against remixes or if she has enough power on her own now that she doesn't need the label head backing her decision... I'm not fully convinced that Overton will fight for Carrie the way Galante did.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I hope they have someone like Joe Galante to back them up and support them the way he supported Carrie.
    yes Joe Galante was important to Carrie's career!

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Speaking of Joe Galante, I'm curious if his departure will make it more difficult for Carrie to continue fighting against remixes or if she has enough power on her own now that she doesn't need the label head backing her decision... I'm not fully convinced that Overton will fight for Carrie the way Galante did.
    In my opinion, I don't think it would be a problem. Carrie has always been honest about remixing, and why she doesn't want to do it. The Play On era was pretty much under Gary Overton, and I think that the label could have remixed Cowboy Casanova and Undo It if they wanted to...but they didn't. I think if Carrie still had Arista New York with her team, maybe she would have a bit of a fight. But now that she's been under Arista Nashville, I think that since they understand that Carrie truly doesn't want to remix, I don't think that they will. She's done really well without one, so why start remixing now? I think that Carrie will be fine!

Carrie Guru
    I think there were two reasons Carrie didn't remix.... one obviously was Joe Galante, the second reason is Carrie's just really really really stubborn!. lol!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I think there were two reasons Carrie didn't remix.... one obviously was Joe Galante, the second reason is Carrie's just really really really stubborn!. lol!

It's very true -- I call it "Carrie has very strong principle".

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Scotty seems to be quite stubborn when it comes to sticking to country music, so hopefully it serves him well just as it has Carrie. I have a feeling Lauren may be more easily swayed into the more pop side of country.

Concert Stars
    She knows what she believes, and she stands by it!! These two kids are going to need Superman, to guide them through this complicated ordeal! LOL!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast