Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TOPDOG1001

Thread: Lauren Alaina interview (very nice Carrie mentions)

Lauren Alaina interview (very nice Carrie mentions)

Did you get to meet or talk with any of the celebrities on the show last night?

I met them all. Just being able to sing with Carrie Underwood set off the whole night. She's amazing.

Did you pick Before He Cheats?

No, I think Carrie picked it.

Once you stepped in front of the camera, you inadvertently became a role model, and you're a great one. Who are a few of your role models?

I'm a huge country music fan. There are so many girls I look up to, especially Carrie Underwood. Everyone knows. I've shouted that one out for a while now. Talking with her, I could tell she genuinely cared that I was there.

After we went to a party last night for all the contestants on the show, she invited me back to her area and let me sit with her and talk with her. It was amazing to see that someone I had looked up to for so long was actually the person I thought she was. I want little girls and girls my age to feel that way about me when they meet me, to know that I'm actually the way I'm portrayed on TV.

I'm not fake, and I don't want to mislead people as to who I am. I pull jokes a lot, but I can be serious, too. I cry a lot, and everyone knows that. It's just who I am.

I plan on not changing who I am for anything. I just want to stay true to who I am and have my little country roots. Let it be available for little girls to look up to me. I've always looked up to Carrie. That would be the greatest thing in the world, for a little girl to look up to me like I look up to her.

Lauren Alaina: 'I'm not really a blonde' - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information
    carrieismy1idol likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'm happy that Carrie is being so nice and kind to Lauren (and to all the other AI contestants). She is so down to earth

Concert Stars
    That was a great read. I especially love this part,"It was amazing to see that someone I had looked up to for so long was actually the person I thought she was." Makes me think of how Carrie said something along the lines of meeting people you idolized and them not being the person you thought they were. And so sweet that Carrie invited her back to her area to sit and talk.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just saw this interview at MJ's, and I'm so glad that Lauren got to spend time with her idol. Carrie is a great person, and it seems as though she is really going to support Lauren in her career. I love Idols supporting Idols lol.

Concert Stars
    Carrie really is the same person we all fell in love with 6 years ago

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    When I read that one statement about talking to her and she could tell that she genuinely care that I was there seems like she may have been talking pre idol such as meet and greet? Anyway happy it meant so much to her and happy her idol did not disappoint.

Concert Stars
    she is just too wonderful for words!!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    When I read that one statement about talking to her and she could tell that she genuinely care that I was there seems like she may have been talking pre idol such as meet and greet? Anyway happy it meant so much to her and happy her idol did not disappoint.
    The article below specifically says that the conversation that Lauren mentioned took place on Wednesday night.

'American Idol' runner-up Lauren Alaina shows off her winning attitude - latimes.com

On her role models and becoming a role model herself
    You know, I am a huge country music fan, and there are so many girls that I look up to, especially Carrie Underwood. … I've shouted that one out loud for a while now. And … talking with her [Wednesday night] I could tell that she genuinely cared that I was there … We went to a party last night for the contestants after the show, and she invited me back to her area and let me sit with her and talk to her, and it was amazing to see that someone that I had looked up to for so long was actually the person that I thought they were.

I want little girls and girls my age to feel that way about me when they meet me, to know that I am actually the way that I am portrayed on TV. I'm not fake, and I don't want to mislead people as to who I am. I cut up, I tell jokes a lot, but I can be serious too. And I cry a lot and everyone knows that. That's just who I am.

So I plan on not changing who I am for anything. I just want to stay true to who I am and have my little country route and let it be available for little girls to look up to me. Because it would be the greatest feeling in the world for some little girl to look up to me the way I look up to [Carrie Underwood]. And I'm still a little girl, so I've got plenty of time to make that a possibility.

Concert Stars
    Soo sweet. I too loved this line: "It was amazing to see that someone I had looked up to for so long was actually the person I thought she was."

Great that Lauren got to meet Carrie and get to know her.

Concert Stars
    It makes my heart happy, to hear how much Lauren thinks of Carrie.....and how perfectly wonderful, Carrie was to Lauren!!!

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    it shows in the way she answers the questions that carrie is her role model.

•