Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hollywood Reporter: What Carrie Underwood Whispered to Lauren Alaina on AmericanIdol

Concert Stars

Hollywood Reporter: What Carrie Underwood Whispered to Lauren Alaina on AmericanIdol

What Carrie Underwood Whispered to Lauren Alaina on 'American Idol' Finale - Hollywood Reporter What Carrie Underwood Whispered to Lauren Alaina on 'American Idol' Finale - Hollywood Reporter | WOPULAR

Lauren Alaina may have lost American Idol -- but she still feels like a winner after singing with Carrie Underwood.
    "Carrie has been my Idol since she was on this show in Scotty’s position," Alaina told reporters in the press room after Wednesday night's show in which Scotty McCreery was crowned the new Idol after receiving a record 122 million votes. Underwood won season 5 of the Fox hit.
    Performing with Underwood "was a dream come true," continued Alaina. "I love Carrie – she is amazing, I got to sing with her that makes me feel pretty awesome." PHOTOS: Inside the American Idol finale

What did Underwood whisper in her ear?
    "She said, 'Wow, that was incredible. We should take that on the road,'" Alaina said. PHOTOS: Carrie Underwood returns to Idol

---------------------------continued-------------------
    carrieismy1idol likes this.

omg, =))) I'm sensing something good!

Lauren's gonna improve for sure she just needs time

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Would not be one bit surprised to see Lauren opening for Carrie next year. Lauren needs someone like Carrie to show her the ropes I think. Is Lauren 100% signed to the same label as the winner?

Edit: Don't know what I was thinking, I knew Carrie had two openers before. I think it would be good experience for Lauren to be Carrie's first opener and we know Carrie likes to help out friends! At least Lauren is really country, unlike SOS, which was really more rock.
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 05-26-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    I definately saw the potencial in Laurens performance last night.
    I also saw that she has a long way to go. Just a lot of growing up to do. You can't rush that.
    But Carrie was a great mentor. I noticed toward the end of BHC at the "big Chorus" she nudged Lauren forward as if to say "Take it"!
    Lauren is very lucky to have a pro like Carrie giving her to nudges she needs to really open up.
    And I don't mean open up with a huge voice. I think this week proved that Lauren does not have Carries pipes and should not force her voice to do thngs it does not naturally want to do. I blame the vocal coaches for that.
    But while singing in the pocket of her abilities there is no reason she can't be great one day.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Would not be one bit surprised to see Lauren opening for Carrie next year. Carrie can step up like some of the other country artists have done and have two openers. Lauren would probably be first and sing for like 20 minutes and then have a bigger name perform second as a special guest for 45 minutes to an hour. Lauren needs someone like Carrie to show her the ropes I think. Is Lauren 100% signed to the same label as the winner?
    She did that already with SOS and Craig Morgan/Billy Currington for the PO tour. I'm thinking it will continue.
    Good for Lauren if she gets to open for Carrie for her next tour.

Concert Stars
    aw thats sweet

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Loved seeing Carrie in the mentor role-it was so apparent to us Carrie fans. Am sure she remembers how terrifying it is to be in that position! They did great!!

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I definately saw the potencial in Laurens performance last night.
    I also saw that she has a long way to go. Just a lot of growing up to do. You can't rush that.
    But Carrie was a great mentor. I noticed toward the end of BHC at the "big Chorus" she nudged Lauren forward as if to say "Take it"!
    Lauren is very lucky to have a pro like Carrie giving her to nudges she needs to really open up.
    And I don't mean open up with a huge voice. I think this week proved that Lauren does not have Carries pipes and should not force her voice to do thngs it does not naturally want to do. I blame the vocal coaches for that.
    But while singing in the pocket of her abilities there is no reason she can't be great one day.
    I think that Lauren needs confidence... that's the problem with the judging panel. no constructive criticisms, it's always "you're in it to win it!' crap. I think with proper mentoring, she would've been good.
    and speaking of the judges, they're not fair! Look at Haley, she's amazing and yet they somehow find all the small flaws in her.

they should definitely ask Carrie to mentor next season!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thats so nice of carrie!!! Jussaying though, she won season 4 haha

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Would not be one bit surprised to see Lauren opening for Carrie next year. Carrie can step up like some of the other country artists have done and have two openers. Lauren would probably be first and sing for like 20 minutes and then have a bigger name perform second as a special guest for 45 minutes to an hour. Lauren needs someone like Carrie to show her the ropes I think. Is Lauren 100% signed to the same label as the winner?
    You're right...two openers might work but Lauren isn't ready!! And Carrie DID have two opening for her before........Remember??

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    That's awesome of Carrie to say to Lauren. I too could definitely see Lauren opening for Carrie at some point.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    She did that already with SOS and Craig Morgan/Billy Currington for the PO tour. I'm thinking it will continue.
    Duh. What was I thinking, lol? I went to that tour....twice. My memory is obviously not functioning well today.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    that would be cool if she toured with Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    Carrie is sooo sweet to the contestants!!! Lauren is one lucky gal to have Carrie on her side! I'm sure Carrie will help her along in her career any way she can! Carrie's little mini me.....so cute! I bet Carrie is flattered that Lauren looks up to her!!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Season 4 not 5! Why do reporters make those types of mistakes.

That was very sweet of Carrie. She held back her performance and helped Lauren "step up" a bit. I don't know if we will see them tour together - they are on different labels - does that matter?

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post

I REALLY LOVE to see Lauren in the "SOS" POSITION IN "Carrie's Live Concert Tours" in 2012. For Lauren, use "TIME", "ENERGY" and "IMAGINATION" for her "DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING". And this also applicable to Scotty, Haley, James and Pia. There is an article posted by "Cary" on how to have a great success after American Idol Show. LEARN THE CRAFT ...... Carrie spent so much time as AN OPENER of "Kenny Chesney" and "Brad Paisely" and then CO-HEADLINE with "Keith Urban" and Daughtry spent so much time as AN OPENER of "Nickelback".

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerandjan View Post
    You're right...two openers might work but Lauren isn't ready!! And Carrie DID have two opening for her before........Remember??
    Lauren should learn a lot while on the AI tour. At least enough to handle the slot for the first opener. Then while she is getting comfortable doing a short set, she can learn from Carrie just like Carrie learned from Kenny, Brad and Keith. Will Lauren become anything near the entertainer Carrie is? Maybe. Maybe not. But she will never have the chance if she doesn't have someone to learn from.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    Season 4 not 5! Why do reporters make those types of mistakes.

That was very sweet of Carrie. She held back her performance and helped Lauren "step up" a bit. I don't know if we will see them tour together - they are on different labels - does that matter?
    Carrie and SOS are also on different labels.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Did Carrie actually say that because I think she whispered something to Lauren I couldn't even make it out

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast