Concert Stars

Billboard Mag Lists Carrie's Performance in Top 10 of the Night!

Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com

"Idol's" glorious past meets its promising future. The season 4 champ and country star was paired up with this season's runner-up on one of her biggest hits, and still one of the greatest revenge fantasies ever put to song. No, Lauren's swagger and angst didn't even come close to Carrie's, but she was singing with her actual idol onstage for the first time -- how mad could she really be?

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    True that^^^^. I thought Carrie sounded great even though IMO she held back in her performance. Lauren sounded good and had some nice moments. Loved Tim and Scotty's performance too! Wonder if Tim brought his daughters along.

Lauren did great .

Carrie is perfect as usual.

Concert Stars
    perfect mention! so true!

Concert Stars
    I just went to the site and was shocked to see that Gaga & Beyonce & Mark/JLo where so high. IMO all 3 performances where NOT FAMILY appropriate. I also was disappointed that more former Idols didn't get some exposure. This was a problem for me all season. Taking time to pimp out UMC artists - most who I couldn't even stand to watch. It all has gotten to feel so commercialized. I did like the show as a whole. I thought some of the Idols looked better than ever (Ashthon looked amazing) and it was great to see them back.

Concert Stars
    yup Carrie was amazing

Concert Stars
    I will be honest and say I have not seen all the performances. But I turned away when Beyonce started singing "Make love to me....".
    Call me old fashioned but this was a family show where millions and millions of children all over the coundtry were watching. It just made me immediately uncomfortable.

Concert Stars
    Ok, so I went back and watched the others on youtube.
    Ah, yeah. Yikes.
    I know AI Finale is a huge show and a huge platform for artists to present themselves.
    But I really feel like the producers are holding all the cards and if they wanted to tame to sexually provocative content they could have. And in my humble opinion "should have".
    M.Anthony was a perfect example. He was doing an amazing job. He is a great singer performer. Bringing his wife on stage to stick her butt at the camera and shake it as if to show her worth was nothing short of sexist crap.
    And Gaga, though I respect her artistic interests, needs to accept (much like Lambert had to learn) that there is a time and place to express your personal views on sexual promiscuity. Save it for your concerts. Not a stage where you have an oportunity to influence many young people to be personally empowered and not to use sex as a tool.
    Anyway, just my two cents.
    If I had kids, I would not let them watch this under the age of 12. And only after I have spent 12 years helping them to understand that sex is just a natural part of life, not a tool to get what you want.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ah, yeah. Yikes.
    I know AI Finale is a huge show and a huge platform for artists to present themselves.
    But I really feel like the producers are holding all the cards and if they wanted to tame to sexually provocative content they could have. And in my humble opinion "should have".
    M.Anthony was a perfect example. He was doing an amazing job. He is a great singer performer. Bringing his wife on stage to stick her butt at the camera and shake it as if to show her worth was nothing short of sexist crap.
    And Gaga, though I respect her artistic interests, needs to accept (much like Lambert had to learn) that there is a time and place to express your personal views on sexual promiscuity. Save it for your concerts. Not a stage where you have an oportunity to influence many young people to be personally empowered and not to use sex as a tool.
    If I had kids, I would not let them watch this under the age of 12. And only after I have spent 12 years helping them to understand that sex is just a natural part of life, not a tool to get what you want.
    PKLongBeach - you nailed it! My 13 and 15 yr daughters were disgusted and where all for me fast forwarding through those performances (we watched Marc until JLo's performance). We have taught our children that character/integrity are the MOST important part of oneself. To know who you are - so when you are faced with a situation that you already know how you will handle it.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Lauren did justice to BHC but it can't beat the original. I like their duet though

I was so shocked that beyonce sang with the Idols..grrrr. I totally think it should of been Carrie with them and carrie only got to sing 1 time was very disappointed.

Carrie Guru
    ^ But Carrie singing with Lauren alone made it special, especially for Lauren.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ah, yeah. Yikes.
    Thank you for this post!!

•