Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

'American Idol': Grading the past winners

Carrie Underwood: A+
    Season 4
    Current age: 28
    Number of albums: 3
    Total album sales: In the tens of millions.
    Other gigs: Acting roles in “How I Met Your Mother” and the biopic “Soul Surfer.” Was voted “World’s Sexiest Vegetarian” by PETA in 2005 and 2007.
    Highest point: Nearly all of them — Underwood is the poster child for post-”Idol” success.
    Lowest point: As the biggest star of the “Idol”-ers, she is partly to blame for the country-vs.-country snoozefest sure to come tonight.
    Today: Probably sleeping on a bed of money.

poll at bottom

'American Idol': Grading the past winners - am New York

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hate these stupid people calling country music a snooze fest!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Naco1776 View Post
    Carrie Underwood: A+
    Season 4
    Current age: 28
    Number of albums: 3
    Total album sales: In the tens of millions.
    Other gigs: Acting roles in “How I Met Your Mother” and the biopic “Soul Surfer.” Was voted “World’s Sexiest Vegetarian” by PETA in 2005 and 2007.
    Highest point: Nearly all of them — Underwood is the poster child for post-”Idol” success.
    Lowest point: As the biggest star of the “Idol”-ers, she is partly to blame for the country-vs.-country snoozefest sure to come tonight.
    Today: Probably sleeping on a bed of money.

poll at bottom

'American Idol': Grading the past winners - am New York
    how true

Huge Carrie Follower
    they just couldnt find any fault in her thats why they have to resort to such insults as snoozefest or something

LOL @ Lee!!! he got an F!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    I don't see anything indicating that this person thinks all country music is a "snoozefest". Even people here have said that this is going to be a boring finale. I think all this person is saying is that there are a lot more people trying for success in country on Idol because of Carrie's success. And that led to a Scotty vs Lauren finale. I think the "snoozefest" comment was leveled at Scotty and Lauren specifically, not country music in general.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I don't see anything indicating that this person thinks all country music is a "snoozefest". Even people here have said that this is going to be a boring finale. I think all this person is saying is that there are a lot more people trying for success in country on Idol because of Carrie's success. And that led to a Scotty vs Lauren finale. I think the "snoozefest" comment was leveled at Scotty and Lauren specifically, not country music in general.
    Exactly, what Cary said.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Loved it! My favorite:
    Total album sales: More than 10 million, second only to Carrie Underwood among “Idol” winners.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Gotta admit, he loves Carrie. I love the review, and IMO he's "right on" about the other winners. Snoozefest comment is funny.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    I hate these stupid people calling country music a snooze fest!
    I agree! I am looking forward to tonight - although I will not be home to watch it live so I will have to have my friend text me Scotty's #'s (although they should be 01,03,05 - right?)

Concert Stars
    I agree the snoozfest is more shot at the fact that at the hight of the game there is no more forward momentum left at all.
    It is a easy breeze to the finsh line with both as winners.
    This has nothing to do with country music except that there is a general perception that the producers and judges manufactured this whole thing to get where we are so there are no surprises in store whatso ever.
    The only thing I can see happening which I would love, is if Scotty really came out swinging wanting that crown. He seems like he can be fairly competative (it's in a guys dna) and he probably really wants that title. Lauren, I don't think she has even woken up yet to even realize this is a competition. She acts like she is at a celebrity boot camp for young starlets. She need not win, only graduate.
    And she will. So there is no point left in trying.
    Snoozfest!

Concert Stars
    She will try!!!!! CAn't wait to hear her sing Carrie's song!!!

Concert Stars
    Carrie's winning the poll!

Concert Stars
    yay! didnt expect anything less than A of course!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I agree the snoozfest is more shot at the fact that at the hight of the game there is no more forward momentum left at all.
    It is a easy breeze to the finsh line with both as winners.
    This has nothing to do with country music except that there is a general perception that the producers and judges manufactured this whole thing to get where we are so there are no surprises in store whatso ever.
    The only thing I can see happening which I would love, is if Scotty really came out swinging wanting that crown. He seems like he can be fairly competative (it's in a guys dna) and he probably really wants that title. Lauren, I don't think she has even woken up yet to even realize this is a competition. She acts like she is at a celebrity boot camp for young starlets. She need not win, only graduate.
    And she will. So there is no point left in trying.
    Snoozfest!
    THIS. Why I will not be watching this week. I will watch Carrie's performance(s) when available. Period. I am so over "manufactured" so-called "celebrities" -- just give me true, God-given talent and I'm a happy camper!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    THIS. Why I will not be watching this week. I will watch Carrie's performance(s) when available. Period. I am so over "manufactured" so-called "celebrities" -- just give me true, God-given talent and I'm a happy camper!!
    Agreed. And you bring up a really important point.
    The whole premise to Idol was supposed to be giving America a chance to vote for what they wanted.
    But because the show got so big and is invested to make so much money, they really do force the show along now. IT does not feel participatory anymore.
    Haley being made out to be the evil step mother to Laurens cinderella was proof positive that manipulation is alive and well in the mass market.
    Why? Cause it works!

Concert Stars
    It will be interesting to see if the viewership drops off for this week. I have read on many blogs the dissatisfaction of these two in the finale, and how they were pimped to be in the position they are now in. However, I am sure that is why they have BIG stars on to prevent lower ratings. This is not truly "America's" choice, imo. I am using my power (by not watching) to voice my disapproval of the judging (or lack thereof), the marketing, manipulation and manufacturing of the "winners" chosen by the producers, etc. and not America as a whole.

Concert Stars
    Curiously, I think the buzz (negative or positive) will actually add viewership.
    I think this will be a well viewed finale.
    Now if they come out tonight and truly bore us, then you may be right and tomorrow may suffer for it.
    Alot is riding on tonight.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Snoozefest is right. Considering the people who should be in the finale and who we ended up with it's just kind of annoying
    lol... what makes me kind of irritated is what Nigel just said.... He talked about how "if" Scotty wins.. he will be the biggest selling Idol winner ever. Wth? lol. First off... I think that already gives us an indication that Scotty must have been consistently ahead in votes each week... so that shows he will probably win. But the whole "Biggest selling Idol" comment doesn't sit well with me.

Article: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...l-lythgoe.html

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    lol... what makes me kind of irritated is what Nigel just said.... He talked about how "if" Scotty wins.. he will be the biggest selling Idol winner ever. Wth? lol. First off... I think that already gives us an indication that Scotty must have been consistently ahead in votes each week... so that shows he will probably win. But the whole "Biggest selling Idol" comment doesn't sit well with me.

Article: Scotty McCreery could be most popular 'American Idol' ever, says Nigel Lythgoe - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
    HAHAHAHA! Bull****! :P Nigel is no Simon Cowell and Scotty, although I really like him, is no Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast