Concert Stars

Washington Post, USA Today Reviews of Brad's album: Carrie/Remind Me Mention!

Here are some nice mentions of Remind Me in Brad's Album reviews ! (Credit to typo at pulse).

The Washington Post (positive)

Of course, no one does it’s-the-little-things-in-life love songs better than Paisley. Carrie Underwood lights up the ballad “Remind Me,” in which a couple reminisces about the good old days when they had torrid make-out sessions in public.

Recommended tracks: Old Alabama, Remind Me
    The Washington Times (basically positive)

There are some jewels here - “Remind Me,” a duet with Carrie Underwood, is a gorgeous ballad about love on the rocks - but there’s also a good deal of cliche, which cheapens the imagination Mr. Paisley puts into his guitar playing.

Taste Of Country (4 out of 5 stars)

The album is built like Dolly Parton: a little top-heavy, with everything past the halfway point struggling to stand out from what we’ve seen from other albums. It’s worth the $10-14 you’ll spend at Walmart or at digital retailers when it’s released today because there are some truly precious moments, including a daring duet with Carrie Underwood that promises to be his next single.

The duet, ‘Remind Me,’ is for anyone who’s ever yearned for the goosebumps their spouse gave them in the early days of courtship. “We didn’t care if people stared / We’d make out in a crowd somewhere / Somebody would tell us to get a room / It’s hard to believe that was me and you,” Paisley sings before Underwood begs,“Remind me / Remind me.” The song is a risk for Paisley, because his voice struggles to stand up next to Underwood’s. But whose wouldn’t?
    USA TODAY (4 out of 4 stars)

Download: This Is Country Music, Old Alabama (with Alabama), One of Those Lives, Remind Me (with Carrie Underwood)

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Good to know! Thanks Tee. Has anyone listened to the full album?

Any review yet from Houston Chronicle?

Concert Stars
    ^ lol Good point. The Houston Chronicle will love the whole album but despise the duet. Just watch. lol

Same with that jerk from Tampa Bay.

Concert Stars
    ^^^ haha yeah no kidding! great reviews so far though!

It really is a great cd! Glad that it's getting positive reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ lol Good point. The Houston Chronicle will love the whole album but despise the duet. Just watch. lol

Same with that jerk from Tampa Bay.
    Haha true, that's why I've been waiting for the reviews from them, just to see if my theory is right. lol

Review from Rolling Stone, No Carrie mention however:

By WILL HERMES
    MAY 23, 2011

Brad Paisley's thematic 10th album embraces all of what country music is today — its soul, its vivid storytelling, and, yes, its genre clichés. The lead singles, uncharacteristically, are ads more than songs: The self-congratulatory title track preaches to the choir, earning boldness points for working the word "cancer" into its lyrics, while "Old Alabama" praises Eighties country-pop cornballs Alabama — complete with cameo — as a good-ol'-girl aphrodisiac. Elsewhere, the greatest country artist of his generation keeps it fresh, funny and guitar-heroic. "Camouflage" is a canny anthem suggesting a replacement for the problematic Confederate flag and quoting "Dixie" in a badass Telecaster solo. And "Toothbrush" sounds like the result of a barroom challenge to make a profound song out of an impossibly dull object. To anyone who bet against Paisley: You lose.
    This Is Country Music by Brad Paisley | Rolling Stone Music | Music Reviews

Oh, and Brad is trending now at Yahoo

TRENDING NOW
    Gwyneth Paltrow
    Sea levels
    Brad Paisley
    Lance Armstrong
    The Dark Knight …
    Pearl Jam
    Bob Dylan
    Medical records
    Forex
    IAEA Fukushima

Carrie Fans Maniac aussiefan_21's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    LOL at the reviewer who said it was a risk for Brad to sing with Carrie because he's not as strong as her (but then said it would be a risk for anyone)!! I think they sound awesome together, but Carrie is just that good that she would outshine just about anyone she sings with. Can't wait to get this album anyway, good reviews so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)

Concert Stars
    Brads voice has a nice smooth unnassuming way about it.
    Carries voice is immediately commanding. Both because if its power and because of it's natural beauty, but also she sings with so much intention that you are drawn in.
    Very different singing styles but they compliment echeother very well.
    But you can't blame Carrie for standing out. It's just the way god made her.

Concert Stars
    ^ I am not surprised Rolling Stone Mag ignored the Carrie duet. lol They are all about SWSRN, and they ignore Carrie for the most part. lol

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiefan_21 View Post
    LOL at the reviewer who said it was a risk for Brad to sing with Carrie because he's not as strong as her (but then said it would be a risk for anyone)!! I think they sound awesome together, but Carrie is just that good that she would outshine just about anyone she sings with. Can't wait to get this album anyway, good reviews so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)
    I agree with you.

•