Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By teesharky

Thread: USA Today: Carrie Underwood, George Starit Picking Finale Songs for Idols!

Concert Stars

USA Today: Carrie Underwood, George Starit Picking Finale Songs for Idols!

This is so cool guys! Carrie is picking Lauren's song, and George Strait is picking Scotty's!

Carrie Underwood, George Strait picking finale songs for Idols - American Idol News, http://t.co/dWvvviy via @USATOD
    carrieismy1idol likes this.

Concert Stars
    I wonder what song Carrie would pick for Lauren?

I bet not one of her own. She wouldn't do that. I wonder if it will be Miranda?

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    For some reason, I just can't see George Strait watching Idol. So it will be interesting to see what he picks.

Concert Stars
    So does this mean Carries picking 2 songs for Lauren since theres 2 threads.... LOL Top dog beat you to the punch Tee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I wonder what song Carrie would pick for Lauren?

I bet not one of her own. She wouldn't do that. I wonder if it will be Miranda?
    I think Carrie should give Lauren a song she can have fun with and get some good audience interaction with. Sometimes like Reba's Why Haven't I Heard From You.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I sure hope that Scotty gets a Randy Travis song. I have wanted that from the beginning. Lauren should sing Then by Mr. Brad Paisley.

Concert Stars
    ^^ love the then suggestion!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    For some reason, I just can't see George Strait watching Idol. So it will be interesting to see what he picks.
    I agree. He seems like the type to hate it. lol Maybe he likes Scotty and liked that he did a nice job on his song earlier in the year?

Concert Stars
    I think Carrie should give Lauren a song she can have fun with and get some good audience interaction with. Sometimes like Reba's Why Haven't I Heard From You.
    oh that is a great choice! I love that Reba song!

I know Carrie will not pick one of her own songs as that is not her style. She is not vain like that. So I think Carrie will pick Reba, Miranda, or maybe even Martina/Faith?

I know Carrie will not pick one of her own songs as that is not her style. She is not vain like that. So I think Carrie will pick Reba, Miranda, or maybe even Martina/Faith?
    Trisha Yearwood is another possibility.

Concert Stars

Carrie definitely won't pick her own song, first because Carrie is not about self-promotion and secondly, Lauren can't handle a Carrie songs as well as Martina!

I really want Lauren to try something rockish to show that she can do it... I am really loving Jo dee Messina right now!!

Please don't pick a Miranda song because I am sick of her at the moment and honestly Lauren can't emotes as well as Miranda. (I didn't like her "I hope you can dance")! Also it doesn't necessarily have to be a female artist? Maybe RF?

Do you think Carrie will pick a country song for Lauren?

Trisha Yearwood has a beautiful voice, so tender!!! I think Faith Hill would be the best choice, maybe even LeAnn Rimes even Gretchen Wilson (hahaha, just kidding on the last one...hehehe)

Concert Stars
    Trisha Yearwood is another possibility.

Ooh I love Trisha! She could sing "She's in Love with the Boy!". That would be perfect as it is a youthful song for Lauren.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    Carrie definitely won't pick her own song, first because Carrie is not about self-promotion and secondly, Lauren can't handle a Carrie songs as well as Martina!

I really want Lauren to try something rockish to show that she can do it... I am really loving Jo dee Messina right now!!

Please don't pick a Miranda song because I am sick of her at the moment and honestly Lauren can't emotes as well as Miranda. (I didn't like her "I hope you can dance")! Also it doesn't necessarily have to be a female artist? Maybe RF?

Do you think Carrie will pick a country song for Lauren?

Trisha Yearwood has a beautiful voice, so tender!!! I think Faith Hill would be the best choice, maybe even LeAnn Rimes even Gretchen Wilson (hahaha, just kidding on the last one...hehehe)
    good point. I never even questioned that it would be a country song. lol I suppose she could pick a rock song-- but I am predicing country.

Agree that Lauren does not emote very well in her songs, so she should avoid those types. Upbeat like you and Cary said would be the way to go.

Concert Stars
    I reaaly think that Lauren needs to sing a song by a GUY. She has a good voice but sometimes falters. With a guy song she won't have the direct comparisons.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    ^^ love the then suggestion!
    Thanks! I love that song and it would be a great honor to give Brad!

•