Taste of Country - TICM Review (Carrie mention)

Brad Paisley, ‘This Is Country Music’ – Album Review

Country superstars are held to a higher standard because their new albums are inevitably compared to previous efforts. Brad Paisley has set a pretty high bar, and reaches it — just about — with his eighth studio album, ‘This Is Country Music.’
    Carrie mention:
    The album is built like Dolly Parton: a little top-heavy, with everything past the halfway point struggling to stand out from what we’ve seen from other albums. It’s worth the $10-14 you’ll spend at Walmart or at digital retailers when it’s released today because there are some truly precious moments, including a daring duet with Carrie Underwood that promises to be his next single.

The duet, ‘Remind Me,’ is for anyone who’s ever yearned for the goosebumps their spouse gave them in the early days of courtship. “We didn’t care if people stared / We’d make out in a crowd somewhere / Somebody would tell us to get a room / It’s hard to believe that was me and you,” Paisley sings before Underwood begs,“Remind me / Remind me.” The song is a risk for Paisley, because his voice struggles to stand up next to Underwood’s. But whose wouldn’t?
    Brad Paisley,

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Love this part:

"The song is a risk for Paisley, because his voice struggles to stand up next to Underwood’s. But whose wouldn’t? "

Junior Carrie Follower
    You're absolutely right..........Whose would???????? Love this mention!!

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    Love this part:

"The song is a risk for Paisley, because his voice struggles to stand up next to Underwood’s. But whose wouldn’t? "

"EATING AND DRINKING VERY POWERFUL NATURAL 'ANTIOXIDANTS', EVERYDAY" will make your VOICE, INDESCRIBABLY GORGEOUS!!! It will make your skin in the face, EXTRAORDINARY SMOOTH AND GORGEOUS!!! It will make your body, PERFECTLY SKINNY!!!

Concert Stars
    I think Brad does a good job keeping up with Carrie in RM, but Carrie still blows everyone out of the water.
    Brad shows off some pipes in the song, however.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think the way it is constructed the vocals are great together.

heard the song on radio when I got out of work!! it was amazing. of course, they asked for feedback, 3 people gave thumbs up, 2 thumbs down. one person said she had to cover her ears it was so loud. really? why would i waste my time calling a radio station to tell them that?!

Concert Stars
    ^jealousy (or just plain silly(nice word), you decide)

Concert Stars
    ^ Yeah, some people just can NOT resist complaining EVEN if they have to go to the trouble to call in. Brad and Keith are just that way - lost of guitar in their shows, so probably in most their songs also. I think many critics have called Keith's show more of a "rock" show they said. With that guitar in this song, I could probably say it for Brad also, LOL, except for they do sing it in a "country" way.

Concert Stars
    Love this part:

just what i was thinking

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Love this part:

So true. Love it.

Concert Stars
    Love this part:

Yes, I do too. I also loved that article we saw by someone that listed some things hard (?) about country (can't remember what it was about) but remember one of them was something to the effect of ".....trying to keep up with Carrie Underwood on a duet" or something to that effect. I remember he was listing 10 things hard (can't remember the word) about country or some such thing.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well, if anything is too loud I would say it is the guitar rifts but I think it was purposeful so I'm ok w/ that. I hope the public like it as much as we do.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Well, if anything is too loud I would say it is the guitar rifts but I think it was purposeful so I'm ok w/ that. I hope the public like it as much as we do.
    I agree. It was obvious Brad wanted that rock edge to it and it is his album and I really was fine with it also and kind of liked how it was done. It is funny how when they sing, it is obviously song in a country way but then has this rock edge to it with the instruments - kind of cool to me though.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    True that Carrie's voice is stronger than Brad's voice for sure but Carrie and Brad singing a duet is still really cool

Concert Stars
    wonderful review...and yes who's wouldn't!!

Huge Carrie Follower
    i have to give props to brad for trying and I think he was able to hit very good notes in the song

•