just another fan

Brad Paisley’s drive for perfection pays off

Brad Paisley

From that point on, from his record label’s perspective, getting Paisley to be completely satisfied with the finished product was like pulling teeth. His label group Sony Music Nashville had to keep pushing back the release date.
    “He really works hard to finish the record, and then deadline came and it was like, ‘Come on, Brad. We’re really up against it, dude. We’ve really got to get this done.’ He was like, ‘I need two more weeks,’ ” recalls Gary Overton, chairman and CEO at Sony Music Nashville.
    Paisley got his extra time and came back with the Underwood duet “Remind Me” — a standout on the record and a song that seems destined to be a single. He was so sure it was a hit that he called Underwood and asked her to sing on it long before he and co-writers DuBois and Kelley Lovelace had even finished the verses.
    “I sung the verse (over the phone) and … I’m mumbling through,” he says. “I said, ‘Try this: When I get to this point (in the song), sing “remind me,” ’ and she does. And she goes, ‘I like that.’ I said, ‘I do, too.’ If I finish it, will you do it? She said, ‘If it’s any good, I’ll do it.’ I said, ‘I’ll get it good, or I won’t ask.’ ”
    thanks to vinman for the find. theres a lot more to the article at the link

Carrie Follower
    LOVE this song so much! I just can't wait to see the two of them sing this LIVE!!
    Last edited by fan4ever; 05-22-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love it! Can't wait to hear the song and the album

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Cant wait for tomorrow for the official release day and the reviews that follow. Soooo excited.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Aww, that's so adorable that Brad & Carrie sang the song over the phone. I can't wait to get the high-quality version tonight.

Concert Stars
    Awesome, so cool that Carrie sang on the phone to Brad Paisley I cannot wait for it to be a single! It is destined to go to #1! Thanks for posting

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Aww, that's so adorable that Brad & Carrie sang the song over the phone. I can't wait to get the high-quality version tonight.
    WAIT IT's TONIGHT?!?!?!!
    what what what.
    lol it's just that I've been waiting for MONTHS (since jan-feb) and now it's only a DAY AWAY?! THIS IS CRAZY.

Concert Stars
    I am still deciding if I should buy a physical copy or a digital copy. I am definitely getting RM from Itunes, but as for Brad's album, I am still unsure.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I am still deciding if I should buy a physical copy or a digital copy. I am definitely getting RM from Itunes, but as for Brad's album, I am still unsure.
    Based on what we have seen, RM will not initially be available for individual download. You will only be able to get it if you buy the album. We are still not sure whether the album will be available tonight or tomorrow night on iTunes. The album will definitely be in stores tomorrow.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Most of my pre-ordered albums always download by @ least midnight EST. So hopefully we'll get it tonight.
    The question comes up because on iTunes Brad's album is listed as "Expected May 24, 2011", which is Tuesday. But we know the album will be released on Monday, May 23. Most likely, noone bothered to update the listing to reflect the true release date and it will be available tonight. But the fact that the listing says May 24 leaves at least a question about that happening.

I like Overton's comments about going to Brad's home studio and hearing Carrie through the floor singing and he goes, "Wow". lol

Concert Stars
    I bet that ceiling was shakin'!!!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love the way he talks about it. I hope this song will not only be a no.1 single but a smash hit.

Concert Stars
    so can't wait till tomorrow!! Wonderful song!!

Junior Carrie Follower

Brad's Album on !tunes

For some reason, itunes doesn't have "Remind Me" available for purchases. Like track #5 and #7 aren't available!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I like Overton's comments about going to Brad's home studio and hearing Carrie through the floor singing and he goes, "Wow". lol
    LOVE this!!!

•