Carrie Underwood Plans Promotional Tour "Down Under"

Here's the press release about the trip with a little info.

Underwood’s Australian visit will launch mid-June and will undertake a full promotional schedule while visiting Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.
    Read more: Carrie Underwood Plans Promotional Tour “Down Under”-Country Music Is Love

Concert Stars
    Very cool that she is touring Melbourne and Brisbane too, not just Sydney!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Anyone curious if this was planned last summer in between the first and second leg but then a little thing called mike fisher disrupted plans? haha

Concert Stars
    ^you know, that could have been it. Because PO was still "new" back then.
    or they are doing it now to start building up momentum for album number 4

Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    ...or they are doing it now to start building up momentum for album number 4
    I'm pretty sure that's the case. It sounds like this is serving as an introduction to Carrie with more promo to follow during the 4h album era.

On another note, I was looking at Australia's country charts and it isn't really isn't all that pop-oriented. Actually it appears to be more of a rootsier sound than anything else. So, she really shouldn't have to worry about pop-ifying herself to reach their markets.

Concert Stars
    so glad she gets to go there!! great promotion!!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Well if u have read my posts on previous 'Carrie on Australian Country Radio/CMC' threads - Carrie's biggest single on our country radio was ITYS (with Randy) which spent 4 weeks at no.2! Our country radio is more traditional based rather than CMC which is more mainstream focused, hence Carrie's biggest hits on CMC have been BHC & LN which both spent 2 weeks at no.1! Carrie will have no problem increasing her popularity either way, considering she is already the most played international female here the last half decade!

Carrie Fans Maniac aussiefan_21's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If only she could have added Perth to her plans!

Bad news guys I won't be able to see Carrie this time. Too much money for me to spend if she's going to be doing 3 cities in one week. If I lived there no problems at all. Oh well I'll just have to watch her on whatever TV shows she does down here. Maybe a 'Sunrise' concert - our biggest breakfast TV show? Kinda like what you guys do on the Today show or GMA with featured artists!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Let's hope she returns for a tour next year then we can all go!

I feel sorry for the people in WA and SA. Seems like major artists choose to tour just in the eastern states and multiple shows at that .

Carrie Fans Maniac aussiefan_21's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^ Yeah it happens all the time to us! We do get alot of artists that come here, but most of the time its just to the Eastern states. I'm just going to hope that she'll return for a tour perhaps with Brad Paisley in the next couple of years, then it would be actually worth flying over for (knowing she will actually have a concert, not just a promo tour lol!). Will just have to resort to watching her on the TV and stuff. It's still pretty sweet though that she is coming to Australia - I never thought that would happen!

•