Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Australia Bound Confirmation!

Former American Idol winner and subsequent US country music star Carrie Underwood (pictured) is bound for Australia. Sony Music has this afternoon confirmed that the singer will step foot on our shores for the very first time to undertake a round of promotional duties next month.

With a swag of Grammys, American Music Awards, Peoples Choice Awards and a plethora of country music gongs already to her name, Carrie will hit the local market midway through June to promote a deluxe edition of her latest album 'Play On'.

The new version contains a bonus disc featuring all her US No.1 hits thus far, along with a cover version of Motley Crue's 'Home Sweet Home', which is previously unreleased on CD anywhere in the world.

Carrie will spend plenty of time on the ground meeting with media, but will also take time out to see the sights and play a special showcase performance in Sydney. Naturally, she's excited to meet with her local fans.
    "I am really looking forward to my first trip to Australia," she said in a statement. "I can't wait to meet my fans down under, and hope to make some new fans too! I’ve always dreamed of playing in Australia, and hope to have time to explore some of the sights your amazing country has to offer!"

'Play On' - the deluxe edition is set for Aussie release on Friday June 10.

Source (VERY reliable): auspOp : pure pop love

No new material on the deluxe edition which is disappointing for us older fans, but it's definitely a promotional voyage rather than a re-release promotions, so she needs to showcase all of her BEST material to get a hold of the radio here!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow! Very short noticed! There's no time for me to plan a trip unfortunately. Anyway, i'm happy that aussie fans will finally get to meet her.

That's what I'm SO surprised about :s there wasn't even any forewarning about this at all, seemed pretty random that like last year there were little rumors floating around a lot of the time. We hear nothing for ages, then BAM Aussie Promo on the horizon! Shame you can't make it Kenny I'll be there without a doubt, just PRAYING she doesn't do the performance on a day of my University Exams which are throughout July. Would be FUMING! Otherwise I'll be there taking pictures and videos and everything

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    And here's the official source (our CMT) - CMC - Country Music Channel

OMG is so excited! I can't wait to see and meet Carrie! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! Lol i'm so totally OVER THE MOON!!!!!!! !!!

I hope I ge6t to see or get invited to her performance!!!

Concert Stars
    To see some of the Aussie fans comments/reactions please 'like' Country Music Channel CMC - Country Music Channel | Facebook (our CMT!)

^ Do you think the performance will be invitation only? :/ bad year not to have the OFC then...bugger

Concert Stars
    American superstar Carrie Underwood has announced she will visit Australia for the first time in June 2011. She is one of the biggest names in music today and a top selling female touring artist with an immense list of awards including 5 GRAMMY Awards, 6 American Music Awards, 6 People’s Choice Awards, 10 Academy of Country Music Awards, 5 Country Music Association Awards, and more. She is also a recent Golden Globe Award nominee, a prestigious member of the Grand Ole Opry, and makes her acting debut in the critically-acclaimed film SOUL SURFER, which opens in cinemas nationally on 26thMay.

Carrie’s Australian visit will launch mid June and will undertake a full promotional schedule including a special showcase performance in Sydney. She also plans to enjoy some down time and take in some of the local highlights. "I am really looking forward to my first trip to Australia. I can't wait to meet my fans down under, and hope to make some new fans too! I’ve always dreamed of playing in Australia, and hope to have time to explore some of the sights this amazing country has to offer!” said Carrie of her forthcoming trip.

With millions of fans worldwide, Underwood has achieved remarkable success since winning the fourth season of American Idol, becoming one of the most successful artists to come from the Idol franchise anywhere in the world. She has released three critically-acclaimed albums, achieving a total of 13 #1 singles. Her latest CD, PLAY ON, debuted at #1 in the US and has sold over 2 million copies, bringing her career album sales total to 13 million.

PLAY ON: DELUXE EDITION will be released on 10th June.

The Deluxe Edition features the current album PLAY ON plus an additional CD of 6 of her previous #1 singles, along with a cover of Motley Crue’s “HOME SWEET HOME” which has never been released on CD anywhere in the world.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Woohoo! I'm so happy for all the Aussie fans

*fingers crossed that she also does an Asian promotional visit in the near future*

Concert Stars
    Hi Triq!!!

What do u mean by - bad year not to have the OFC then...bugger? And isn't the CMA Music Fest in June? So Carrie will miss that! But I DON'T CARE because I get to see Carrie!!! OMG YAY! I've waited for this SO LONG!!! Lol!

I hope we can go to the showcase performance or I will try to find out how to since I know the head of CMC! See I was right all along!!! WHO TRUSTED ME! I am so happy lol!

I hope Carrie's performance is on our Today Show (like Keith/LadyA) or on Sunrise (our GMA) etc!

Very exciting news!! Really hope Australia welcomes her excitedly!!!

Concert Stars
    We will! I can't wait!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    Hi Triq!!!

What do u mean by - bad year not to have the OFC then...bugger? And isn't the CMA Music Fest in June? So Carrie will miss that! But I DON'T CARE because I get to see Carrie!!! OMG YAY! I've waited for this SO LONG!!! Lol!

I hope we can go to the showcase performance or I will try to find out how to since I know the head of CMC! See I was right all along!!! WHO TRUSTED ME! I am so happy lol!

I hope Carrie's performance is on our Today Show (like Keith/LadyA) or on Sunrise (our GMA) etc!
    CMA Music Fest is the week of June 6. She is already scheduled for the Fan Club Party & The Opry on the 7th.

I have to believe this was scheduled to happen after Mike's team was eliminated from the playoffs so he can go with her.

Hi Triq!!!

I meant it in the way that, if tickets for the event (they were a tad vague as to which 'showcase' it is) are done through the OFC then I won't be able to get em :/. But I'll do the additional freaking out about how to see her perform, when we actually have a better idea what she is going to do and when.

I'm guessing she will probably do those types of shows, Today Show, Sunrise, maybe even GNW? She's a fan of comedy from her sketches so they MIGHT get her to sing the clues for GNW like they often do...if they want her to perform, The Circle...things like those...

A lot up in the air, can't wait to hear exactly what she'd doing

Jealous! But happy for all you Australian fans

Concert Stars
    Hey Thaifood! Yes Carrie will squeeze in the CMT's/CMA Fan Club Party first before coming down under! But what do u mean by 'this was scheduled to happen after Mike's team was eliminated from the playoffs so he can go with her.'?

This would have been organised a while ago and if Mike didn't get knocked out, when does the season end? This promo tour isn't a last minute hook up. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Concert Stars
    Hey Thaifood! Yes Carrie will squeeze in the CMT's/CMA Fan Club Party first before coming down under! But what do u mean by 'this was scheduled to happen after Mike's team was eliminated from the playoffs so he can go with her.'?

This would have been organised a while ago and if Mike didn't get knocked out, when does the season end? This promo tour isn't a last minute hook up. I'M SO EXCITED!!!
    I don't think they would have scheduled this for Carrie to go until Mike could go with her...So they scheduled for a time when either he was eliminated or the playoffs were done & the season was over. There are just about 3 weeks left before the end of the season if all the series go to 7 games. Regardless, the middle of June coincideds pretty nicely for everything to come together.

Concert Stars
    Yep that's right! And Carrie to have a nice little holiday with mike! Then Carrie can get back to start recording for the new album from July! How exciting! I will happily show Carrie n Mike around Sydney seeing the sights if they want me too!

Very cool!

Sorry, but I'm a bit jealous of you guys, lol. Hope she plans to have a tour in Asia someday. Have fun guys!

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast