Carrie Follower

What Got Me Moving : I Tried Carrie Underwood's Fitness Routine

Posted May 13th 2011 at 12:17PM by Katie Zambrano

Axelle Woussen, Bauer-Griffin

Sure, there are tons of celebrity diet secrets floating around out there. But most of them tend to revolve around grilled chicken breast and salmon, which are especially hard foods to substitute if you're a vegetarian like I am. So, when my editor asked me to take on a celebrity diet and fitness routine, the proud veggie and buff country superstar Carrie Underwood immediately popped into my mind.

After doing a little research, I realized Carrie and I actually have a lot in common. Not only are we both vegetarians and a little bit country, but we also share an intense craving for after-meal sweets and a tendency to bulk up around the thigh and tummy area when we slack off in the exercise department -- which I was definitely guilty of before I took on this challenge.

So for one week, I was determined to try things Carrie's way. And in the process, I lost a whopping four pounds.

What Got Me Moving: I Tried Carrie Underwood's Fitness Routine - MyDaily
    Last edited by jeff; 05-14-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: please don't copy and paste entire article

Interesting article! Thanks for posting!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Maybe I should try this after I finish off the extra pizza.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Maybe I should try this after I finish off the extra pizza.
    Yeah me too! I had pizza and a beer last night. I don't think these are included in this fitness routine.

Concert Stars
    well I think I need to try this!!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    well I think I need to try this!!
    I don't have anyone I know that wouldn't get a benefit from this diet.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think it was a big mistake for the author to even publish this article.
    Carrie eats healthy, and works out everyday- just because some person thought it would safe to replicate her diet (which they estimated most of), doesn't mean they should try it. There are young girls reading this article who look up to Carrie; I'm sure she wouldn't endorse such dangerous behavior.

^ How is eating healthy foods and working out dangerous behaviour? It's not like Carrie's on some extreme diet or something. She just eats healthy, nutritious foods, in good portions, and exercises on a regular basis.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    ^ How is eating healthy foods and working out dangerous behaviour? It's not like Carrie's on some extreme diet or something. She just eats healthy, nutritious foods, in good portions, and exercises on a regular basis.

I'm not talking about Carrie. I'm talking about the author- who basically guessed SOME of Carrie's diet, which doesn't sound healthy.

The diet is less than 1.200 calories, and I'm sure Carrie doesn't live off pickles, no carbs, and Kashi, as this "author" suggests.
    Someone as healthy as Carrie probably wouldn't want her name attached to something that doesn't have much accuracy, IMO.

Carrie takes pride in the influence she has over fans (especially young girls), and I just don't like that the author chose to make Carrie look UNHEALTHY, IMO.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    "Not only are we both vegetarians and a little bit country," Now Carrie's a little bit country? She's kidding, right?

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Good diet routine! It works -- I mean, just look at the legs it can get you!

•