PTI
    Carrie Follower

Carrie Gives Local NHL Team A Huge BOOST!!!

Interesting article on how Carrie Underwood has recently helped Nashville become a very populare NHL team - READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE

Concert Stars
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree while yes a lot of people would be excitied to see carrie the sport will go through ups and downs because it is located in the southern US so unless Nashville was putting a winning product on the ice they would still be struggling to fill the seats.

Yes the first game after mike was traded it was sold out one because everyone was interested in that but really it was because tickets were $12.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by knewman19 View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree while yes a lot of people would be excitied to see carrie the sport will go through ups and downs because it is located in the southern US so unless Nashville was putting a winning product on the ice they would still be struggling to fill the seats.

Yes the first game after mike was traded it was sold out one because everyone was interested in that but really it was because tickets were $12.
    I totally agree.

Winning puts people in the seats, if they lose certain guys to FA over the next few years and become a team who is out of the playoff picture people are not going to come to the game no matter who is in the stands.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah Carrie being in the stands may have helped, but the number 1 reason that the team is all of a sudden popular in Nashville is because they actually won a playoff series. Raleigh, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Anaheim, San Jose, and pretty much every other "non hockey" market has gone through the exact same thing, and even traditional markets like Denver, Chicago, and Pittsburgh have seen attendance drop when the team sucks and rise when they're good.

I don't care who's in the stands, I wouldn't be spending my hard earned money to watch a terrible team play.

Concert Stars
    I would, if I could see Carrie!!! 

Concert Stars
    glad it helped them!!

Carrie Guru
    ^^ Carrie's presence has definitely helped. I'm not saying that it helped sell out the arena, I'm sure that the Preds winning did that. But the amount of press that Carrie's involvement gave the team was certain to get some non-hockey fans to check the team out.

Btw, to get free performances between periods, how awesome is that. And for the price I pay to see a losing team in my town, I could get season tickets to see the Preds.

•