Ultimate Carrie Fan

In Today's Country, Women Roar While the Menfolk Whimper

You don't have to see the numbers to get that country radio skews female these days. The hatted hunks who a generation back might have had ramblin' fever now sing of sunny-forever fidelity that would be right at home on the last page of a Harlequin.

The Band Perry and Ashton Shepherd: In Today's Country, Women Roar While the Menfolk Whimper - San Francisco Music - All Shook Down

Concert Stars
    carrie bashing windshields! Love it!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I disagree. There's still a huge gap in the way men and women are treated in country music. All you have to do is look at the number of men nominated for huge awards vs. women, the number of men in big awards categories and so on.

There's a reason why Carrie and Taylor are the only females who have broken through to be huge artists in country music.
    I think it's sad that the industry always brings up this problem, but yet they are a large part of why this has happened for so many years.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I agree with you. There may be women at the top more often, but they are the same women over and over. New female artists don't get nearly the break that the new males do.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•