Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Goes Viral With 'How Great Thou Art' Video

A short article with HGTA video embedded. Enjoy the last paragraph of article:

At the end, Carrie receives a standing ovation from her peers and even wipes a tear after holding an infinite note! Now, do you know any other singer who can sing about the Lord and cover Guns N' Roses with equal ease? We sure don't!

Link: Carrie Underwood Goes Viral With 'How Great Thou Art' Video - Terra

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    A short article with HGTA video embedded. Enjoy the last paragraph of article:

At the end, Carrie receives a standing ovation from her peers and even wipes a tear after holding an infinite note! Now, do you know any other singer who can sing about the Lord and cover Guns N' Roses with equal ease? We sure don't!

Link: Carrie Underwood Goes Viral With 'How Great Thou Art' Video - Terra
    It's only our girl !

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    There are so many articles on Carrie/Vince's HGTA. Here are excerpts from some comments (very high praises) from a similar article (link provided below):

Carrie Underwood is a beautiful young woman with a stellar voice, very talented. And Vince Gill’s guitar picking and harmony vocals were perfect accompaniment for her. I am not a country music fan, but I am a Christian and this was the most heart felt performance of this old Christian standard I have ever witnessed. Absolutely Awesome!!!!
    =====
    This was the most moving and beautiful performance by two super stars. They are both very talented. I do believe that was even greater than Elvis version and I am a definite long time fan of the King Elvis.
    =====
    That is by far one of the greatest we have ever heard. Keep it up Carrie and Vince.
    =====
    It was the greatest moment in television history.
    =====
    I’m a man who is not easily brought to tears, but this was absolutely, soulfully beautiful. Carrie sang from deep within her heart and soul. Thanks for sharing Carrie.
    =====
    As a big Carrie fan, I am not surprised by the performance. She has proven time and again, she can sing anything. I will admit, this was perfection.

Link: Carrie Underwood Performance Goes Viral ę Nashville Music Scene

Concert Stars
    Do you think CBS is seeing all of this?!!!

Concert Stars
    so many of my friends have posted a link to the video and they didnt like Carrie before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    There are so many articles on Carrie/Vince's HGTA. Here are excerpts from some comments (very high praises) from a similar article (link provided below):

Carrie Underwood is a beautiful young woman with a stellar voice, very talented. And Vince Gillís guitar picking and harmony vocals were perfect accompaniment for her. I am not a country music fan, but I am a Christian and this was the most heart felt performance of this old Christian standard I have ever witnessed. Absolutely Awesome!!!!
    =====
    This was the most moving and beautiful performance by two super stars. They are both very talented. I do believe that was even greater than Elvis version and I am a definite long time fan of the King Elvis.
    =====
    That is by far one of the greatest we have ever heard. Keep it up Carrie and Vince.
    =====
    It was the greatest moment in television history.
    =====
    Iím a man who is not easily brought to tears, but this was absolutely, soulfully beautiful. Carrie sang from deep within her heart and soul. Thanks for sharing Carrie.
    =====
    As a big Carrie fan, I am not surprised by the performance. She has proven time and again, she can sing anything. I will admit, this was perfection.

Link: Carrie Underwood Performance Goes Viral ę Nashville Music Scene

I have gone back and read some comments on all the websites including the nashville music scene and here's one from that website that I can't quite understand. Let me hear your take on it.

When I walked out of there that night (it wasnít live it was three weeks ago) Instead of going to the airport and getting on the red eye back to North Carolina. I drove and I drove and I drove. I am at a loss for words. I cannot clear my mind. Someone asked me today did I see the show Friday night? I told them look in my eyes and you will see 5 mins and 12 secs replayed in all of its GLORY!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pch2006 View Post
    I have gone back and read some comments on all the websites including the nashville music scene and here's one from that website that I can't quite understand. Let me hear your take on it.
    Check the video on YouTube. Carrie's performance of HGTA took 5 minutes and 12 seconds.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    so many of my friends have posted a link to the video and they didnt like Carrie before!!!

mine too! They're not even in to carrie and just remember her as the girl on idol who won several years ago. Imagine my surprise when videos/articles are posted and shared!! This performance truly reintroduced carrie to them as they were in awe of the performance and couldn't deny her brilliant vocal ability and sincerity!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    mine too! They're not even in to carrie and just remember her as the girl on idol who won several years ago. Imagine my surprise when videos/articles are posted and shared!! This performance truly reintroduced carrie to them as they were in awe of the performance and couldn't deny her brilliant vocal ability and sincerity!
    Do you think they are a bit of Carrie fans now and would they buy her album #4? Basing on some of the comments all over I think Carrie has gained some fans.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Do you think they are a bit of Carrie fans now and would they buy her album #4? Basing on some of the comments all over I think Carrie has gained some fans.
    I'm sure Carrie's gained some fans and respect from some, but we can't exactly make the connection that they'll automatically buy the 4th album just because of that performance. Hopefully this exposure will make them consider it though.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    well I think this exposure gives carrie a bit more edge now as they're hit with her incredible voice and I think they're prone to buy or at least check her out but whether or not they would buy her upcoming album would largely depend on what single she has. I know people who, by hearing "Jesus Take The Wheel" would more likely go and buy her album as the song itself is very appealing to a very large amount of audience. Single choices are very important as it defines to listeners what kind of album it is.

•