Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Video Gets 1.5 Million Views (Contact Music)

Love this! They even highlight reactions by the other musicians! Let the buzz keep on coming!

Carrie Underwood, the American country musician, has received over 1.5 million views on a video clip of her singing 'How Great Thou Art', reports the Examiner. Carrie Underwood's YouTube video has gone viral after news of her powerful rendition began to spread over the Easter weekend.
    In the video, country musicians such as The Judds and Sugarland are shown standing in awe, with some artists shaking their heads and wiping away the tears as Underwood performs on stage. The singer, who was performing the 2011 Academy Country Music Awards, then receives a prolonged standing ovation from the audience. The video was aired on Cbs on Good Friday evening (22nd April 2011), prompting fans of the artist to immediately search for the video online. The song itself is a Christian hymn based on a Swedish poem by Carl Gustav Boberg. It was popularized by George Beverly Shea and Cliff Barrows and was voted second on a list of the favourite hymns of all time in a survey by Today's Christian magazine. Elvis Presley recorded the track for his second gospel LP in 1967 and later won a Grammy Award for 'Best Sacred Performance'.
    Continued: Carrie Underwood | Carrie Underwood Video Gets 1.5 Million Views | Contactmusic

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Love this! They even highlight reactions by the other musicians! Let the buzz keep on coming!

Continued: Carrie Underwood | Carrie Underwood Video Gets 1.5 Million Views | Contactmusic
    Thank you for this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I LOVE that HGTA and Carrie are getting this MUCH PRESS! I mean, WOW! This is amazing and huge that this performance is getting recognized, as it should, like this!

Concert Stars
    I'm sure she has some kind of spiritual connection to a higher power. Things always seem to fall into place for Carrie. If anyone deserves
    all this praise, she surely does.

During this time of economic stress, three wars raging in the middle east and Africa, political madness, etc, it's seems fitting that a
    well known gospel song, brilliantly sung by our Carrie, is the thing that is making people smile and continue to believe. Amazing.

Concert Stars
    I absolutly love this!

Concert Stars
    Jp, I love your post!

Concert Stars
    Wow this press is so unexpected! Amazing!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Jp, I love your post!
    so do I. Well said.
    I love hearing the praise uttered by people who have never praised Carrie's vocal ability before. So many of my family members who enjoy listening and watching Carrie, but don't have the passion I have for her talent are talking about her incredible performance, and are awe struck. Of course, I love their reaction and am tempted to say..."I've been telling you this for years."

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Carrie has gotten more publicity with two performances as she would if she would have won EOTY. I wish she could have been nominated or even get the win, but this is a blessing of it's own. God always has a plan, and he prevails
    Yes, HE always has !

•