Ultimate Carrie Fan

Easter Blessings: Best Country Songs About Faith

John Shearer, WireImage

'Jesus, Take the Wheel,' Carrie Underwood

"Jesus, take the wheel / Take it from my hands / 'Cause I can't do this on my own / I'm letting go / So give me one more chance / To save me from this road I'm on / Jesus, take the wheel."

Carrie's debut single and her first No. 1 hit, this song tells the heartwarming story of a woman who loses control of her car when she hits an icy patch with her baby in the backseat. The near-accident serves as a wake-up call to return to her faith.

Easter Blessings: Best Country Songs About Faith - The Boot

Concert Stars
    perfect song for easter time...never gets old!

Well, it's one of the best country songs about or not about faith.

Jesus Take The Wheel is a song for all seasons

Concert Stars
    It is so funny, I was walking in the mall yesterday and there were these two guys in front of me that did not seem the "type" to be saying the lines from JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL and I was trying to walk close and easedrop but I heard one say something and then said "Jesus Take the Wheel" and then a couple more lines of it from the guy next to him and I think (?) I then heard them say something about HGTA so I am guessing these two guys saw Friday night's show, LOL. But, I could not hear all because if I kept following too close, would have looked like a stalker, LOL. But it was coincidence, I thought, that I just happened to be walking behind two guys only that were talking about those songs. Goes to show you, there are probably more people talking about Carrie and her music then we know. She is starting to get known everywhere, even overseas I think, with the performances as of late.

Concert Stars
    Did they look like Kerry King from Slayer?

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    It is so funny, I was walking in the mall yesterday and there were these two guys in front of me that did not seem the "type" to be saying the lines from JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL and I was trying to walk close and easedrop but I heard one say something and then said "Jesus Take the Wheel" and then a couple more lines of it from the guy next to him and I think (?) I then heard them say something about HGTA so I am guessing these two guys saw Friday night's show, LOL. But, I could not hear all because if I kept following too close, would have looked like a stalker, LOL. But it was coincidence, I thought, that I just happened to be walking behind two guys only that were talking about those songs. Goes to show you, there are probably more people talking about Carrie and her music then we know. She is starting to get known everywhere, even overseas I think, with the performances as of late.
    I mean, around this country, she's already been huge for a while. internationally tho, itd b nice if she broke through there just on talent bc of her performances
    becca T

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yup for sure JTTW is a great easter song

Concert Stars
    JTTW is one of my all-fave from Carrie. JJTW always remind me to keep the faith Jesus Take The Wheel is the perfect song for all Christian occasions. Thanks for posting!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    "Jesus, Take The Wheel" is a fantastic sing in its own right, but takes on a whole new meaning during Easter, and especially when our faith is tested. When I am struggling in my own faith or just want to spend some time thinking about my faith, all I have to do is listen to Carrie sing that song. It's so special, I find it hard to describe sometimes.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    I mean, around this country, she's already been huge for a while. internationally tho, itd b nice if she broke through there just on talent bc of her performances
    becca T
    Oh, I know she is well know, LOL. I live in Oklahoma where she is from, LOL. I am talking about how she is getting recognition from types that I picture normally would not give her any thought, and there still are a lot of those out there of course. I know a lot of them myself - that still don't know any of her songs, never see any of these performances, or even care (all crazy of course, LOL). These guys did not look like the type that would like country or anyone that is a part of it, LOL. So, it just seems she is starting to get noticed by some that did not notice or care before it would seem.

How funny, someone mentioned did they look like Kerry King from Slayer. I had to look up what he looked like. Well, not exactly, LOL. They were younger but you are getting closer, LOL

•