Ultimate Carrie Fan

Girls' Night Out Stars Reflect on Memorable Night

CMT News
    Girls' Night Out Stars Reflect on Memorable Night
    Superstar Women of Country Special Airs Friday (April 22) on CBS
    April 21, 2011; Written by Craig Shelburne

The men of country music weren't shy about honoring their lovely counterparts during Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country, which premieres Friday (April 22) on CBS. The music-packed special honors the Judds, Miranda Lambert, Loretta Lynn, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles with testimonials and performances by Jason Aldean, John Fogerty, Vince Gill, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts and Blake Shelton.

Backstage at the Las Vegas taping earlier this month, many of the stars visited with CMT Insider host Katie Cook. Surprisingly, Underwood told Cook the night was "wonderful and embarrassing." She continued, "You're up there and everybody's looking at you. But the best thing about it was the company for sure. I mean, come on. Reba and Vince for me, growing up in Oklahoma, they were -- and are -- it."

In addition, Gill spoke generously of Underwood after providing the guitar accompaniment to her version of "How Great Thou Art."

"When she sings, people respond," he said. "It was really a treat to be out there and watch her shine like that. I was thrilled that she picked that song to sing. I told her, 'I can't sing a verse because I can't get through it. I just can't sing that song.' It's the first song I remember hearing as a little boy, so it was pretty special that she chose that."

Link to article: CMT : News : Girls' Night Out Stars Reflect on Memorable Night

wow Thanks for posting!

Vince Gill is very complimentary of Carrie

Concert Stars
    Gotta love Vince!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Oh darn, I was hoping he sang HGTA with her! Didn't realize he just backed her up on guitar. But I guess getting to hear him sing JTTW will be amazing enough!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

It is obvious he thinks so much of her!! awesome!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Oh darn, I was hoping he sang HGTA with her! Didn't realize he just backed her up on guitar. But I guess getting to hear him sing JTTW will be amazing enough!
    He sings with her...not the entire song, but he does harmonize a bit. You can see/hear it here:

YouTube - Carrie Underwood 04-04-11 Girls' Night Out singing 'How Great Thou Art' with Vince Gill

Concert Stars
    Tonight cannot come quick enough.

Concert Stars
    can't wait to see it on tv!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieChick View Post
    He sings with her...not the entire song, but he does harmonize a bit. You can see/hear it here:

YouTube - Carrie Underwood 04-04-11 Girls' Night Out singing 'How Great Thou Art' with Vince Gill
    Yeah, and actually you can hear him quite well through parts of it. There was just no way he was going to try and sing the high parts with her, LOL. I mean in some songs with her, you can barely hear him, by design I guess, but he sang a little louder then usual with her in parts (very glad of that) and they did sound good. Granted, it is just a few parts, but was still good. I have not listened to his video yet but may be the same one I did listen to. Thanks for posting again.

I am with Vince. I may not sing it (he said he can not get through that song) but I can't get through her singing that song to this day without squirting a few tears.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Vince is a class act...lovely comments about Carrie, and their duet.
    Nice comments from Carrie, as well, about Vince and Reba. I'm always happy to hear newer artists give respect to those that helped pave the way.

Concert Stars
    Great coverage on Enews and ET Carrie was awesome

•